I like Klaus Nomi

did your dad have to sit at home with a microwave tv dinner?

Nah, he is in the US visiting his girlfriend. I'm trying to find mum a handsome Greek shipping magnate.

Edited to say that my dad died many years ago, but my mum's second husband and my sisters' dad is kind of my dad, too. He's a good man and a good father.

Last edited:
i think it works the opposite way. i think they got so much done because they didnt have the internet! why, if it werent for the internet we might all be ancient greeks right now--inventing stuff, examining life, all that tedious, non-instant gratification kind of stuff.

i dont remember ever stating i was trying to curb my addiction, ms. ketamine_sun! i hope that isnt some kind of a hint! (although i havent had any baklava in weeks! maybe that's why i've been in such a bad mood lately. perhpas i should go buy some! :brows:)

Any excuse for buying baklava sounds okay to me! :)

aye! i've already listened to it thrice! it's good before bed music to ensure dreams of far off galaxies inhabited by beautiful nomi creatures!

Jesus.
Wouldn't one be enough for you already to dream about?
You've become a very demanding Nomi-bunny now.
If you ask that much, the (Greec) gods might fulfill your wishes and then there is nothing to wish for anymore. :(

aye! i've already listened to it thrice! it's good before bed music to ensure dreams of far off galaxies inhabited by beautiful nomi creatures!

And sea turtles!

It's my favourite track off Za Bakdaz, which is a bit hit and miss but overall does him and his voice justice - the weird, vibrant sonic landscapes and odd textures work in favour of his voice rather than against it IMO. I am glad they decided to finish and release it, at the same time it makes me a little sad and wonder what could have been.

And sea turtles!

It's my favourite track off Za Bakdaz, which is a bit hit and miss but overall does him and his voice justice - the weird, vibrant sonic landscapes and odd textures work in favour of his voice rather than against it IMO. I am glad they decided to finish and release it, at the same time it makes me a little sad and wonder what could have been.
sea turtles that can float through the air! who let you hitch rides on their backs! (im a bit obsessed with the idea of hitching a ride on a sea turtles back :o)

oh goodness, i didnt know there was more to Za Bakdaz then what i had already heard. yay, more nomi stuff to discover! is it just me or does "Za Bakdaz" sound like intergalactic for "the baklava"? Do you think he's trying to reach us through time and space to let us know he wants to be part of Baklava Club?!?!

Yes, he had wonderful vision. He would have had an amazing career. :(

sea turtles that can float through the air! who let you hitch rides on their backs! (im a bit obsessed with the idea of hitching a ride on a sea turtles back :o)

oh goodness, i didnt know there was more to Za Bakdaz then what i had already heard. yay, more nomi stuff to discover! is it just me or does "Za Bakdaz" sound like intergalactic for "the baklava"? Do you think he's trying to reach us through time and space to let us know he wants to be part of Baklava Club?!?!

Yes, he had wonderful vision. He would have had an amazing career. :(

The Za Bakdaz club which I was being thrown out of for some very suspicious, doubtful reasons. :(

Little Klausie looks a bit suspiciously there, don't you think?
Despite uncle Klaus handling him very carefully and gracefully.

it's a strange photo... the two nomi's with their arms crossed ceremonially or in mourning? Is Klaus looking at the future to come in his arms ? Is he sad or does he have supreme faith in this baby-nomi that will one day take his place ?

what was to be just a cute photo turned into something more ominous and telling.... if one cares to see.

That baby does look a bit frightened though :lbf: guess Klaus wasn't emanating any motherly/paternal feelings that day.

' everyone has babies
babies full of rabies
rabies full of scabies
Scarlett has a fever
ringlets full of ringworm
angel of distemper
the little fella has got Rubella
nipper full of fungus
junior full of gangrene
minor's melanoma
tyke full of grippe
whipper snapper scurvy
urchin made of acne
get that thing away from me'

NOMI WAS LIFE'S ADVENTURER !!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
picture of the day time! (although it is not day, but rather night...)
a0065937ba9d28585ec886a86c78a962--nomi.jpg

i've said it before and i'll say it again: cuter than a bunny in a tea cup.* in that region in my brain that recognizes ideal forms (such as bunnies!) is a file in the shape of klaus nomi. <3

*for reference:
nyusz%C3%B3-300x300.jpg

Last edited:
ack! i have made a stupendous discovery!! fiorucci is back!!! at barneys! i HAVE to buy something! (maybe just the vintage angel tee which is cheap enough so why not?)
https://www.barneys.com/designer/fiorucci/N-avz2iz

and now to go to that video where i first saw the enigmatic little black lipsticked beauty himself--thanks to a posting of the video by ketamine sun who always knows whats good. and about time too as no klaus nomi thread could be complete without it:

@2:15 is my favourite klaus nomi moment EVER. also, joey has such a phenomenal look. also, i love how everyone in this video just seems to be having fun, even the normal people on the streets.

one of my favorite moments of Klaus caught on tape. I could swear at 0:14 in, just when the music starts, an audience member says... 'Jobriath'. :love: though, I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom