I like Andy Rourke

Well, I still like Andy Rourke too...come on his bass lines in Barbarism Begins At Homes are fecken fantastic!!!

I like him too. I Love the bass in "This Charming Man" and "Barbarism Begins at Home." I was just discussing this yesterday.

Yeah! The Bass line in "This Charming Man" has got to be one of the most successful bass lines any bassist has ever done in their lifetime!

I like Andy Rourke, he created very most distinctive basslines. Notably TCM, Barbarism, Jeane, Bigmouth and Headmaster.

I can't imagine what the smiths would have sound like without him

I agree about the bass line. Barbarism has a fantastic jam at near the end.
He seems like a nice chap to me- that said I have never met him and I don't know much about him

I wonder what he actually plays as a DJ...maybe it's just Smiths songs on a continuous loop with Rourke standing behind the DJ deck getting absolutely pissed and shouting and ranting about "the ole days" and how they could have been better.

I think it was rather nasty of Johnny Marr leaving his Rourke behind...I would have told all my mates to join me and make a new band

I wonder what he actually plays as a DJ...maybe it's just Smiths songs on a continuous loop with Rourke standing behind the DJ deck getting absolutely pissed and shouting and ranting about "the ole days" and how they could have been better.

I think it was rather nasty of Johnny Marr leaving his Rourke behind...I would have told all my mates to join me and make a new band

When he came to my city he played on a disco as DJ, but I didn't go into it and I just met him to have some sort of talk.

Marr went off and played with the pretenders and the the and other bands. He didn't form his own band until much later. Besides, Andy still had the moz gig for a couple of years.

Remember that Andy is a bassist and so his interest is in the rhythm aspect of songs. It lends itself pretty naturally to djing where the music seems to be all about an infectious beat. He plays whatever is popular and puts together his own remixes, which never seem to include Smiths songs. The part about getting absolutely pissed is pretty accurate....

Back
Top Bottom