I Know Who I love

SEMISORRY

Does anyone have any information regarding this unreleased song? Has anyone heard it?. I am curious to know having read about it in Mozipedia recently. For anyone who has not read about it, here is was Simon Goddard says:

'Studio outtake from the 1997 Maladjusted album session. In context of Maladjusted's weaker crop, it's baffling that Morrissey should have consigned one of it's strongest contenders to the bin. With it's starry- eyed melody and blood-rushing chorus the charming ' I Know Who I Love' was even worthy of consideration for a single. To the chagrin of co-writer Boz Boorer, it was bumped off the album, relegated as a potential B side and then scrapped outright. It may be that, by the time of the album's completion, Morrissey no longer empathised with it's affectionate sentiment: 'These words I scribble down / observe the way that you work / you see it, you want it, you take it / And then it's yours.........I know who I love'. The song also contained a reference to medication- 'These pills that i'm prescribed'- while his 'Having had the worst of times /Now I want the best of times' evoked Charles Dickens famous opening to A Tale of Two Cities. Whatever the reason for it's exclusion from Maladjusted, the loss of I Know Who I Love was a major oversight'.

Simon Goddard also mentions another unreleased Maladjusted song: 'Nightmare' - co-written with Spencer Cobrin. Again have never heard this title mentioned before, the lyrics are apparently unknown.
I wonder how many unreleased tracks there actually are?

I think it's apparent that Simon Goddard has listened to it, but the song isn't available anywhere on the internet as far as I know.

I'm not surprised Morrissey would keep one of the best songs of the session unreleased. It's his nature to do such things. :crazy:

I heard it a few years ago. It was on a tape a collector had along with Fantastic Bird, (before it was released), Kit (with Moz vocals), It's Hard To Walk Tall, (97), No One Can Hold A Candle (97), I Know Who I Love, Han Ratty, and Dennis Cockall Song, which was an early version of Swallow On My Neck.
I think there were a few More songs on the tape that I am Forgetting. But IKWIL is one of the best songs from that session, I think anyway.

I heard it a few years ago. It was on a tape a collector had along with Fantastic Bird, (before it was released), Kit (with Moz vocals), It's Hard To Walk Tall, (97), No One Can Hold A Candle (97), I Know Who I Love, Han Ratty, and Dennis Cockall Song, which was an early version of Swallow On My Neck.
I think there were a few More songs on the tape that I am Forgetting. But IKWIL is one of the best songs from that session, I think anyway.
no chance you can obtain it or the collector could share?
if he doesnt wanna share it/or copy it then maybe at least talk him into a full lyric transfer?
pretty please?
if he has it on a tape an cant transfer it to a cd maybe he can copy it on another cassette tape and sell/or share it to someone who can do that kind of thing?

Last edited:
no chance you can obtain it or the collector could share?
if he doesnt wanna share it/or copy it then maybe at least talk him into a full lyric transfer?
pretty please?
if he has it on a tape an cant transfer it to a cd maybe he can copy it on another cassette tape and sell/or share it to someone who can do that kind of thing?

I don't have a copy of it and I lost touch with him. I posted a Looking for fellow collector post in the collectors corner looking for him to no avail.

Both "Kit" and "I Know Who I Love" definitely should of been on Maladjusted in my opinion.

Hard to Walk Tall is one of my favourite songs.. Is it pretty much the same song? I have a feeling its probably not as heavy as the one that was released.

Thanks for anything you can tell me about it.

EDIT: I wonder if Dennis Cockall is actually this guy: http://denniscockell.com/

Last edited:
I'd love for this track to leak. It would undoubtedly make this year a great one.

Simon Goddard also mentions another unreleased Maladjusted song: 'Nightmare' - co-written with Spencer Cobrin. Again have never heard this title mentioned before, the lyrics are apparently unknown.
I wonder how many unreleased tracks there actually are?

I've never heard of this track! The title alone has me beyond interested. I know He wrote 'Lost' with Spencer.. wasn't there another track as well? Anyway, if that's any sign of the quality, it has to be gold.

Back
Top Bottom