no new Songs
no Smiths Thorn 7 inch
no Money left for the Last Tour Dates
no teeth in Boz' mouth left
no more Interest from Fans and Media
no news at all

I know it's over! :-(

No more interest from fans?

The fact that the Manchester show alone must have brought in well over $1m in ticket sales, seems to indicate differently.

It was over in 1997-2004. Don't worry, Moz will be back.

I know things look pretty bleak right now, but I'm sure that, in time, Boz will get his teeth fixed.

I agree that Morrissey's career as a recording musician is over, though I'm sure he will continue to tour until he eventually dies. So it's not all bad.

for someone who joined in the year 2000 and has only posted 212, times that's an average 12.5 texts a year I wouldn't worry about anything JOESELLMOZZA writes on here.lazy bastard,bozz has more talent in his left testicle than the o p will ever have.

Anyone with mouth trauma (as opposed to mental trauma - which is more prevalent here) will know you have to let the teeth/gums/jaw 'settle' before fixing anything.
Similarly, anyone who has followed Moz for any period of time will know things are always changeable. This has always been how it is - some of us knew this chasing after him in the late 80's.
No new single after almost 30 years of being disbanded? - shock, horror.
What surprises me is people are surprised.
Regards,
FWD.

for someone who joined in the year 2000 and has only posted 212, times that's an average 12.5 texts a year I wouldn't worry about anything JOESELLMOZZA writes on here.lazy bastard,bozz has more talent in his left testicle than the o p will ever have.

Wow! You have 194 massages since 2008, so I am MUCH more lazy than you.
Believe me, I am still hoping for new Morrissey songs, but it doesn´t look good, doesn´t it?
As for my left testicle, don´t worry, it might be missing talent, but it worked for two daughters AND
I am not as fat as Boz (with one "z" you know) and I am not an alcoholic!

Happy 2017!

You are the man! And you have much more messages than me. I am still impressed.

Should we worrie about his teeth or about the lack of talent in his right testicle?
I'd say neither one, or the other.
Maybe all the talent IS in his left testicle.
Better to have it all in one than to have none at all.
I mean the talent. Or the testicles. :squiffy:

I know things look pretty bleak right now, but I'm sure that, in time, Boz will get his teeth fixed.

I agree that Morrissey's career as a recording musician is over, though I'm sure he will continue to tour until he eventually dies. So it's not all bad.

I highly doubt his recording career is over. He's just at another crossroads. I reckon many labels are apprehensive about dealing with him after the Harvest fiasco. I work for a record label and I've met too many artists that don't appreciate that it's a business. Now if the Harvest issue was over a proper music video I have to say they should have financed one. You can get great work done for a fraction of what it once cost. The way they released the singles in rapid fashion is not unusual these days unless the artist is still charting well...the first single from WPINOYB didn't do so well so they probably figured Moz's hit single days are over and they wanted to sell the album as fast as possible to stay ahead of the inevitable piracy. Moz will get another record deal but, really, all he needs is a distributor and he can have his own label. Instead of the standard 2 bucks royalty per album he would get $5-$7 per album. The problem with having his own label is that he would have to contribute to the promotion of the album. He would have to spend some of his own money. The distributor would just make it available and give some initial promotion but Moz's own label would be in control of releasing singles and setting up promo appearances, etc...

the reason I have less than 200 messages was because the old mozz solo would never accept my password.if you could check the date of my posts they all will have the date after this site was re-designed.so f*** you anonymous.

Can't understand the angst.

Fully expect him to be quietly recording the new album under his own steam after a few months off, then a modest tour while he negotiates a distribution deal.

Boz lost his two front teeth about 20 years ago so that's hardly a tear-jerker. Probably lost his dentures down the pub and waiting for a new set.

Four single releases in a month and a half is really quick by anyone's standards and even if your not gonna have a hit single however you define it releasing so many songs so quickly I don't think helps with general promotion. It causes the buzz to not have any cohesion or build. I agree he could still get a record deal in some form but he'd probably have to take one on terms he doesn't like and I don't know if it's worth it to him. I think he eventually will but who knows. He's never seemed to like the process of releasing music. Maybe he'll just tour with new songs and not record them Neil young style. That's sure be a draw for shows at the very least

I reckon it's sure not over in Moz Angeles. I reckon Boz went to that dentist in LA that all those Brit "rockers" go to get their ugly teeth fixed. He sure did a good job on John Lydon's teeth. It would be so top mental if John Lydon and Uncle Steve were neighbors in Malibu, but they live on opposite ends of town. I reckon me want to see Uncle Steve and John Lydon boxing.

they have more in common than you think,both of them detest the record industry,john lydon took a lot of flak for doing a series of butter adverts in the uk,he said he had more respect from the butter company than he ever did from any record company,and the money he received meant he could record a new pil album.

they have more in common than you think,both of them detest the record industry,john lydon took a lot of flak for doing a series of butter adverts in the uk,he said he had more respect from the butter company than he ever did from any record company,and the money he received meant he could record a new pil album.

YeAh I think I remember him saying what's the big deal I eat butter every day. If he, morrissey, does record and release a new album I hope he does more common press to promote it. The other thread about a supposed radio interview reminded me of all the odd foreign, meaning non English in this case, interviews which were odd in that they didn't have any English counterparts meaning we heard about the new album in some garbled google translate which was rough going. Didn't seem like a lot of those interviews either when I think about it. Don't pull a Clinton and block out the press while trying to promote something. It can suck but he'd do himself some favors by opening up a little about the music and his thoughts on it if he can bare it

Blikey! Butter and cheese go together like Brits/Euros and Yankee caps! I reckon Kerrygold does have a butter line too.

If the worst happens I'm sure Boz can give Moz a job at his record store. I'm sure he'd like it there, just around the corner from The Good Mixer. Happy dayz.

Reckon this is just a "rumor has it" but me heard some of the interns leaving the Santa Clarita office of The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd. today that Uncle Steve will be opening for that 1/4 Irish Catholic band U2 in the Rose Bowl in May. I think he can afford the gas from Malibu to Pasadena. This could be happening.

Reckon this is just a "rumor has it" but me heard some of the interns leaving the Santa Clarita office of The Morrissey Marketing Group ltd. today that Uncle Steve will be opening for that 1/4 Irish Catholic band U2 in the Rose Bowl in May. I think he can afford the gas from Malibu to Pasadena. This could be happening.

Nothing mentioned on their tour site -
http://www.u2.com/tour

Back
Top Bottom