"I Know It's Over" live (Universal City, CA, Aug. 25, 1986) - posted on Spotify

Posted on http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/#

Now on Spotify:

"I Know It's Over" live (Universal Amphiteatre, Universal City, CA, Aug. 25, 1986)

40543_i_know_its_over.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
No YouTube update yet.
Guessing Monday was a slow day at 'Smiths HQ' (and the last few years).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
that was short and very sweet.

Just beautiful, stunning and brilliant on every level. Impossible to hear this and not regret never seeing them live.

I know the "Thank Your Lucky Stars" bootleg was erroneously listed as this show (Universal Amphitheatre) - but clearly, a recording exists - is the full UA show available anywhere?

Last edited:
I must admit the Rank version is better, but I guess that it comes from an official album, better produced and clear sound plus you feel the emotion on that album. This one is a real treat, wonderfull version from the 1986 US tour

For me one of the most beautiful song ever written. Devastatingly sad lyrics and beautiful, chiming guitar from Marr. The crescendo in the second half is just exquisite, I long to hear Morrissey perform it live again.

Does anyone besides me find it shocking there are so few posts and so little interest here about the first new Smiths tracks in 30 plus years?

Does anyone besides me find it shocking there are so few posts and so little interest here about the first new Smiths tracks in 30 plus years?

Well, this is the 3rd one and it's been going on for 3 weeks now. The other 2 had more comments and discussion about them. I'm certainly happy about it and these are superior versions, but some of the same and similar songs have been freely available on high-quality bootlegs for a long time. So maybe this availability has somewhat lessened the novelty of it?

Having said that I'd love to see an officially released live box set covering all of their major tours. Maybe they can even get Morrissey and Marr together to be interviewed on their tour memories? Unlikely, but hey, why not dream?

Last edited:
There is a reasonable response in amongst these threads - a mixture of enthusiasm and muted cynicism.
New? Well, kind of.
The release of these tracks is meant to drum up interest in TQID box set and they haven't managed that consistently - giving dates that live tracks will appear by - then they're late and with no YouTube presence for the 600+ subscribers to that channel. The only route to IKIO is Spotify and despite its growth, many people are not going to get an app for a few songs - indeed, not everyone engages with Spotify at all. Their Twitter is closed and they really are not doing much to ensure any success here besides a few FB posts. The way to disseminate information online is easier than ever, yet the record company lacky at Smith's HQ is woefully lacking - made worse when the things required to increase awareness and interest are beyond simple to do.
I personally think they should do a 'Pearl Jam' with all the recorded live stuff and allow people to be able to download or physically own as many gigs in great quality as they'd like (I'd certainly like to hear some I went to again in better quality).
Unfortunately, they won't ever approach things so sensibly or with fans at the heart of decisions.
The time for excitement was last year and it appears some of the blundering attached has carried over in to this year - name an artist who's done a 31st year anniversary recently!? That's not really something that creates interest. With a decent strategy and people who know what they are doing - it could have been a whole lot different. Sadly, that can be said about a lot of things in the Morrissey world recently.
Regards,
FWD.
(Please note - I am 'excited' to own the box set, but not the damp squib build up).
Edit: apparently the tracks are available on Google Play too - with absolutely zero advertising or informing.

Last edited:
Tags
tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom