i just arrived in london.

nobodysxhero

the hampstead britannia isn't nearly as dreadful as i'd imagined! it's actually rather decent.

anyhow, the real reason for posting this is that i'm by myself until sunday and might starve to death unless i find some (vegetarian-friendly) eating partners. especially since it appears to get dark at 5pm and i don't want to go wander alone to find dinner. shopping partners are also welcome.

really though, anyone with time to kill feel free to PM or myspace me, www.myspace.com/122699 - i'd appreciate the company!

chrissie

no rat poison. :)

i did post before i actually went to sleep though, or i would've mentioned: least comfortable beds ever! like sleeping on springs. ah, well. i guess if i wanted to sleep in comfort, i would've paid more.

other than that, though...it's been quiet (although i think i just have quiet neighbors). i have wireless internet & heat. the walk to the tube is very easy, etc. i'm finding my way around quite nicely!

out to do some shopping, wish more people were here to come with! anyone getting into town tonight (ahem, lottie!), let's go get dinner!

cg

If you go to nearby Hampstead Heath around 3am, you may see George Michael hanging around the bushes:D

Jukebox Jury

no rat poison. :)

i did post before i actually went to sleep though, or i would've mentioned: least comfortable beds ever! like sleeping on springs. ah, well. i guess if i wanted to sleep in comfort, i would've paid more.

cg

oh no..guess I'll have to do a lot of drinking to fall asleep..see you tomorrow!

Anyone need a room share for this hotel? Im booked in on my lonesome all week in a twin room as my friend cant make it. PM me!

hi, i will be arriving in london this morning around 11am. would anyone like to meet up for something to eat / drink / chat sunday evening?
my normal username is manikpanik but cant access my password. i am up all nght ironing and packing arrrrgh i think im going mad. i will be going to the concert monday, im from dublin.
hope to meet some of you there anyways.
peace
anne marie

hi, i will be arriving in london this morning around 11am. would anyone like to meet up for something to eat / drink / chat sunday evening?
my normal username is manikpanik but cant access my password. i am up all nght ironing and packing arrrrgh i think im going mad. i will be going to the concert monday, im from dublin.
peace
anne marie

i have three friends arriving this afternoon from LA. i don't know how exhausted they'll be, but i personally would love to meet solo-ers for dinner or even just to say hi! i suppose i'll have to play it by ear, since i don't know what they'll want to do (sleep/eat/sightsee) but if you get too bored send me a PM...whenever i'm at the hotel i check the internet pretty often. :)

if anyone has an idea for someplace that all of us staying at the britannia (well, and anyone bored nearby in the area) could meet for a bit, i'd be open to that, as well..

chrissie

i have three friends arriving this afternoon from LA. i don't know how exhausted they'll be, but i personally would love to meet solo-ers for dinner or even just to say hi! i suppose i'll have to play it by ear, since i don't know what they'll want to do (sleep/eat/sightsee) but if you get too bored send me a PM...whenever i'm at the hotel i check the internet pretty often. :)

if anyone has an idea for someplace that all of us staying at the britannia (well, and anyone bored nearby in the area) could meet for a bit, i'd be open to that, as well..

chrissie

hey i just arrived in london too and I will be ready to hit the town once I get settled. I would like to take the tube down toward roundhouse in a couple of hours, check out the area, and get a beer and some dinner at a pub or something... I am down to meet up with anybody who has a similar idea to check out some pubs around the venue and perhaps have a walk by... I want to travel my daily route once before tomorrow!

I have to get out there and buy a cell but you can pm me your hotel location and name and I could meet you at the hotel or in the roundhouse area.

I literally bumped into an old love of mine at the airport... I need a drink... all over this town time. I am sooo ready for Mozzz!!! woohoo

Last edited:
Hi, Morrissey Fans everywhere and esp in London at the moment,
I am staying at the St. Giles hotel, room 208 - maybe somebody could call me re: activities in the morning/ afo /tomorrow /or a quick half tonight in said environs.
going to concert tommorrow night.
ended up sleeping in my perfetly adequate double room for the afternoon, i thinkthe st. giles is ok, (some of its reviews are bad, some good, but im happy cept for the no wi-fi in room) but then again, im just a thicko from the island...:rolleyes:
Currently online in a net place on oxford st, my hotel is spitting distance, provided you are a world class spitter with a good strong esophagus.
London is not as lonely as i tought it would be.... bejayus im enjoying myself and i didnt even realise it :p
So, anyone care to meet up for a quick pint, coffee, camden market bargain hunting.
If you are one of those 'serial killers' , or even one in training,. the deal is null and void.
Sorry prada bags and all that shite sre not my style, darling.
Anyhooo, have a lovely time in london to all you who have travelled here, to worship at the feet of moz.
Cheers
Anne Marie

the hampstead britannia isn't nearly as dreadful as i'd imagined! it's actually rather decent.

anyhow, the real reason for posting this is that i'm by myself until sunday and might starve to death unless i find some (vegetarian-friendly) eating partners. especially since it appears to get dark at 5pm and i don't want to go wander alone to find dinner. shopping partners are also welcome.

really though, anyone with time to kill feel free to PM or myspace me, www.myspace.com/122699 - i'd appreciate the company!

chrissie

Hi,

London native, don't know the hampstead area well but for veggie bites in soho / west end, there's a few good places.

Red Veg, dean street, soho - quick, Mcdonald-type burgers, fries, falafels, pasta but all veggie! (don't be put off by the Mcdonald bit, it's the best thing i could think of in terms of fast food similarities) It's small, with only a couple of seats, so ideal for eating on the go, or if it's not raining, taking it to soho square, and eating it there. Cheap too.

Beatroot - 92 Berwick Street, soho. fast food veggie place. Less greasy than red veg but simple decor and no pretensions.

For a ruby (curry, bit of cockney rhyming slang for you there! - Welcome to London!!) try Govindas, 10 soho street, off soho square

Budda cafe on lexington st is worth a visit too. There are also lots of Thai - vegetarian buffets around soho. Not the best but all meat free.

As for north west, I hear Manna is good, try googling it. I think that is up towards Primrose Hill.

Actually, check out this site, might be helpful.

http://www.london-eating.co.uk/cuisines/vegetarian.asp

Camden market will have lots of food stalls selling falafels and other veggie stuff. Don't know any veggie restaurants up there personally. I'm looking at food options here, as I have a six day pass, but have to work Mon - Fri so looking for quick meals before the gig as I will be starving! Good luck with finding shopping partners! what type of shopping are you looking for? Camden market is good for retro, second hand stuff.

Hope that helps.

Forza Mozza

I'll be about in Camden Wednesday afternoon. I was going to be there arround 5ish, but might make a day of it and get there earlier. My chum dropped out (Hence my ticket sales for Wed and Sun) so it would be nice for me to meet up with some fello Morrissey fans to do these gigs with.

Any way, Let me know if you all find a ny nice pubd or places where people are meeting up, it would be a funn to join in! :D

peace
anne marie

I'm up for meeting with others before the Monday show.
will probably get there about 7-ish and then try and get a ticket!
if you've arrived today, maybe you found a good pub near the venue where we can all meet?
Maurice

Back
Top Bottom