I have 11 newborn kitties.

biru

get the f* out of my lawn
6 of them are older now and one of them is already given away... SO MANY KITTIES. I have 20 cats at the moment. I feel like a crazy cat lady. Here's a picture of the one who's going to go.

DSC_00052.jpg

I <3 kitties!!!!

take my cat mothers, they keep on breeding and I cant afford and dont really like the thought of castration!!! *cries in a corner*

they're infinitely cute, I have no idea how it'll even be possibly for me to give them away.

Mine had 3 kittens a few days ago, unfortunately one of them didn't make it.
That kitten is beautiful, what kind is it?

take my cat mothers, they keep on breeding and I cant afford and dont really like the thought of castration!!! *cries in a corner*

they're infinitely cute, I have no idea how it'll even be possibly for me to give them away.

Heh...I have another cat who is due any day now...I know how you feel...

Heh...I have another cat who is due any day now...I know how you feel...

Oh, I have another one who's pregnant... so 3 pregnant only this year. The first and oldest one has already been pregnant 3 times.
Most of my cats are siamese, I suppose that one will be too but since they are born really white and darken with time. They either are siamese or mixtures of siamese with white tiger'y cats. It runs in the family!

You don't like the thought of getting a cat spayed or neutered, but you have no problem with the thought of them breeding and producing kittens, which by your own admission you have no clue how it will even be possible to give away.

In the end, the kittens are the ones who will suffer because you are too cheap to simply get the cat fixed. But then again, that idea is oh so *cringe*, but the thought of all those little kittens who have you have clue what to do with is perfectly ok, right?

I'd LOVE to take one (or two or three or...) but I just don't think my little guy would appreciate it (he won't share me).

You don't like the thought of getting a cat spayed or neutered, but you have no problem with the thought of them breeding and producing kittens, which by your own admission you have no clue how it will even be possible to give away.

In the end, the kittens are the ones who will suffer because you are too cheap to simply get the cat fixed. But then again, that idea is oh so *cringe*, but the thought of all those little kittens who have you have clue what to do with is perfectly ok, right?

You did not understand I love my cats and what I had no clue about is how I will allow them to leave the house, with them being so cute and loveable and all. they won't suffer if their future owners are filled with love and care about them ...and besides, you don't know about my life, the country I live in and the expenses I have so don't call me cheap. No cat I ever had was ever mistreated in any way, being always well fed and all.
The bad part about getting my cats fixed is that I wouldn't have the chance to have beautiful kittens every once in a while. We give the cats the pill but sometimes it just happens to fail, our 3 female cats got pregnant at the same time which caused a little bit of pressure on us, moneywise and all.
We usually even keep all the cats but this time it was just too much.
I have had cats all my life, you can't just come here and assume things about me, it's not right. maybe you could've asked... no?

I'd LOVE to take one (or two or three or...) but I just don't think my little guy would appreciate it (he won't share me).

Ah, well, I'm glad we can all live in harmony here: dogs, cats, fishes and boyfriend! :p

You did not understand I love my cats and what I had no clue about is how I will allow them to leave the house, with them being so cute and loveable and all. they won't suffer if their future owners are filled with love and care about them

If you want to be a crazy cat lady with like 50 cats because you don't want to get the mothers fixed, that's fine. As long as each of them has a good quality of life, but in the end the expenses from doing that would dwarf the cost of having them spayed.

/Shrug. It's your money.

Kitties! I Love cats, wish I could have one in my flat but the landlord wont allow it :(.

Oh, I have another one who's pregnant... so 3 pregnant only this year. The first and oldest one has already been pregnant 3 times.

I don't wish to be harsh or rude, biru, because it's evident that you love your cats, but when I think of all the all the hours I have put in over the decades rescuing surplus kittens and getting people to neuter their cats to stem the flow of homeless pets, I get pretty pissed off reading your comments.

Unless you can keep every single one of the kittens you breed, you are adding to a huge welfare problem. Countless thousands of cats and their kittens are abandoned and/or destroyed every year because there are simply not enough good homes to go around. If you really want to live in a house teeming with cats (and there's nothing wrong in being a crazy cat lady so long as you do it responsibly) then why not fill your home with the beautiful neutered adult cats that never get chosen for rehoming because there are so many cute baby kittens in the rescue centres?

I provide transport to the vets for those without transport, obtain neutering discount vouchers for neighbours' cats and raise funds to help pay for the upkeep of cats awaiting rehoming. Just one person like you can effectively negate all of my efforts. Please think of the the cats and not of your own selfish need to play "mummy" to endless streams of preventable litters.

There's a contraceptive pill for cats ?
:eek:

Yes. Mostly it's used by pedigree cat breeders to stop show cats calling (coming into heat - which can make them lose condition) or for delaying oestrus in sexually precocious queens who will be wanted for breeding when they are mature. Keeping a queen both unmated but not neutering her can cause health problems, so the pill is used to help forestall this. Stimulating the vulva of a calling queen with a cotton bud can also trigger ovulation (it fools the cat's body into thinking that she had been mated) and this stops the calling until the following month. Don't try this at home, though - it's an expert's job!

Contraceptive-laced food is also sometimes used to reduce fertility in feral colonies of cats.

Ooops! Late for the vet.....

Tags
crazy cat lady irresponsible kitties pussy galore
Back
Top Bottom