I feel sorry for the variant collectors...

75 quid for all 4 on mporium, and 20 for the green on HMV. Its not really gonna sting, Money well spent i think.

It’s not like ye old days. I just don’t get it...

I’ll go as far as album, 7” and 12”, but the same thing five times on different coloured Vinyl seems very silly to me. Collectors are being manipulated, the marketing departments will get a pat on the head and the record companies will laugh their way to the bank.

It’s not rock n’roll.

It’s not like ye old days. I just don’t get it...

I’ll go as far as album, 7” and 12”, but the same thing five times on different coloured Vinyl seems very silly to me. Collectors are being manipulated, the marketing departments will get a pat on the head and the record companies will laugh their way to the bank.

It’s not rock n’roll.
Nope, it's not it's pension fund.

Nope, it's not it's pension fund.

Again ... not very Rock n’Roll is it? Plus, collectors talk of value and nest eggs, but in reality will NEVER sell up. I know because it’s the excuse I’ve used with my partner for 25 years. I’m never going to sell my beloved records (the kids can do what they like with them).

I was having a conversation the other day with someone who has a collection of sealed vinyl he never listens to. He thought this was very normal!

My record player died about 2000, and i only inherited another last year, when my son moved out and didn't take his with him. So i'v got a copy of virtually every Morrissey /smiths release, that are either still sealed or never played but opened just to check it out, since that date. Madness I know.

The collectors need to get wise. This latest load of shit will not be worth anything to anybody. There won't be a market for it.
If you need to collect it's the early stuff that's gonna count, my attic is full of it. So I should get a good return when I sell up especially if I hang on for toes up time.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The collectors need to get wise. This latest load of shit will not be worth anything to anybody. There won't be a market for it.
If you need to collect it's the early stuff that's gonna count, my attic is full of it. So I should get a good return when I sell up especially if I hang on for toes up time.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
It's more habit now I think, there's a release I order it. The sleeve on this one bothered me and I was determined I wouldn't get it, then the boxset was announced without the embarrassing picture and i'm in again, and the cd and cassette bundle is virtually the same price so may as well get that. I'm just a sucker for it.

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but in Morrisons today the cd was in a slipsleeve with the 'my parents are a handful' picture on the front. Is this to obscure the monarchy cover ? Anyway I nearly bought it but thought better of it !

How m
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but in Morrisons today the cd was in a slipsleeve with the 'my parents are a handful' picture on the front. Is this to obscure the monarchy cover ? Anyway I nearly bought it but thought better of it !
How much? Just saw that going for £16+..

Supermarket vs Mporium.

LIHS_zpsi3qycf8s.jpg

I prefer the one on the left, in fact a few of us here commented at the time on how that would have been a better cover.

Went for £53!

Back
Top Bottom