I feel really depressed

I am a 16 year old Moz fan. I could only afford 1 ticket (Brixton 29th) I feel that I could have lost my one and only chance to see him in my life (can't travel to other countries obviously) I dont know about getting a refund either I dont think I can

Its bad enough having to cope with exam stress and adolescent angst than this sadness I have that I could never see live the guy who had such an impact on my life. I have had a bad time recently and the only comfort I had was listening to Morrisseys music and knowing that I was going to see him live soon, which made me feel happy

It may seem like I am being ridiculous but I honestly feel like this

I have almost lost the will to live :tears::tears::(:(:(:(

Can anyone make me feel better about this??? :straightface:

Wrong place to come I'm afraid. Most people here are just going to throw insults at you.

I feel for you though...

Don't worry, the 29th isn't officially canceled yet. You have a glimmer of hope. :tears:

I am a 16 year old Moz fan. I could only afford 1 ticket (Brixton 29th) I feel that I could have lost my one and only chance to see him in my life (can't travel to other countries obviously) I dont know about getting a refund either I dont think I can

Its bad enough having to cope with exam stress and adolescent angst than this sadness I have that I could never see live the guy who had such an impact on my life. I have had a bad time recently and the only comfort I had was listening to Morrisseys music and knowing that I was going to see him live soon, which made me feel happy

Your depression is based on your assumption that you've missed your one and only chance. You haven't. Morrissey will continue to play shows, even if this is his last tour. You may have to travel farther than you would have, but you can see him.

Those who have been fans for many years know that he dips into periods of inactivity and re-emerges. Should this tour prove to be his last full tour, I have no doubt he'd play some one-off gigs and you'd be able to see him in, say, London or Manchester.

The other thing to say is that Morrissey's recorded music is and always will be alive and vital. If you have the music, you have the man. Going to gigs is an amazing experience but it's merely a more elaborate and lifelike illusion of intimacy. The truth is, those who have seen him live aren't a whole lot closer to the heart of his music than those who haven't.

Last edited:

Don't worry mate, you'll see him. I've been there. I'd just turned 17 when I was meant to go my first show at the Roundhouse last year and I cried my eyes out that night. I felt exactly like you, I promise. With these Brixton nights cancelled that brings me to 6 out of 10... I won't lose faith if you don't. See you in October, yeah? x

Your depression is based on your assumption that you've missed your one and only chance. You haven't. Morrissey will continue to play shows, even if this is his last tour. You may have to travel farther than you would have, but you can see him.

Those who have been fans for many years know that he dips into periods of inactivity and re-emerges. Should this tour prove to be his last full tour, I have no doubt he'd play some one-off gigs and you'd be able to see him in, say, London or Manchester.

The other thing to say is that Morrissey's recorded music is and always will be alive and vital. If you have the music, you have the man. Going to gigs is an amazing experience but it's merely a more elaborate and lifelike illusion of intimacy. The truth is, those who have seen him live aren't a whole lot closer to the heart of his music than those who haven't.

Worm, you're amazing. Perfectly summed up.

Everything sucks when you're sixteen. Don't worry, things do get better. :)

True. And when I saw him when I was 16, my depression got worse AFTER the show because it was over and I had to go back to my life.

Don't worry mate, you'll see him. I've been there. I'd just turned 17 when I was meant to go my first show at the Roundhouse last year and I cried my eyes out that night. I felt exactly like you, I promise. With these Brixton nights cancelled that brings me to 6 out of 10... I won't lose faith if you don't. See you in October, yeah? x

Yeah... I guess its because I did honestly think it was his last tour. I already felt bad about born too late to enjoy Morrissey in his heyday, and the thought of not seeing him at all is just really sad for me.

Yeah... I guess its because I did honestly think it was his last tour. I already felt bad about born too late to enjoy Morrissey in his heyday, and the thought of not seeing him at all is just really sad for me.

Until he announces his retirement, I wouldn't worry about. Don't stress yourself about something that hasn't happened yet! :)

Not to mention since you are sixteen you have your whole life to experience concerts and learn of even more musicians who have special meaning to you. Even if for some reason you never get to see Morrissey, he won't be the only one for you.

I was at The Roundhouse when he went off last year and promptly burst into tears much to the bewilderment of those around me (including my mum!) and I was 30. It's just because you care and no-one can fault you for that.

I was also going to see him at the Troxy this week and felt crushing disappointment about that too but I've got faith that come October we'll get the brilliant performances he can deliver (I have managed a couple of non-cancelled gigs!) and that we deserve.

Chin up!

Chin up! I know it seems awful right now but you will see Morrissey. Illness aside it doesn't appear he has any intention of stopping touring, the fact he added further UK dates for October surely proves this. Also you should be able to get a refund and there's the possibility of a reschedule.

It probably means nothing to you me saying this but things will get better! You've still got the music if not the man himself for the time being and that is worth more than anything else. Being 16, having a bad time and then having your hero cancel on you is rough, but it's only a small part of your life which will be gone before you know it. Hope things get better for you:thumb:

It's pretty understandable about how terrible you feel, but know that this pain will pass.

It's healthy to vent and explore your feelings. Just don't do it here, just joking! Your feelings are valid. Talk, go for a walk, have a wank...do something pleasant to divert yourself so that your feelings, however valid, don't overwhelm you and lead to damning consequences.

And ffs, don't end it all, because then you'll feel really stupid about having missed it, being dead and all, when Moz returns to your town (London -- certainly won't lack for Moz shows!) and gives you a glorious show you'll never forget!

And why don't you think you can get a refund? Surely you didn't buy the ticket fro a tout!? Even then, it can't hurt to try.

In the early 90s, I'd only see Moz 2 or 3 times a year. I started going to multiple shows in '97 because I thought it would be his last tour! I guess I never got over that fear, and look where it's gotten me...140+ gigs later. Can we say irrational?

Last edited:

It could be worse, you could be a Newcastle United fan too:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

It's not the end of the world for heaven's sake.No one has died.

In the early 90s, I'd only see Moz 2 or 3 times a year. I started going to multiple shows in '97 because I thought it would be his last tour! I guess I never got over that fear, and look where it's gotten me...140+ gigs later. Can we say irrational?

I thought your statistics were pretty amazing, less than 10% cancelled and all this talk that he's "Mr. Cancellation" and we can't count on him? Your method and dedication may be irrational, but it seems your success rate at seeing him perform is rather positive. AND the fact most of the cancellations were in the past few years suggests that perhaps, we all really need to seriously consider that unofficial "touring" retirement may be near, but the occasional show must and will go on.

Back
Top Bottom