I don't think Kill Uncle is THAT bad

Re: I don't think Kill Uncle is THAT bad.

I think there was a thread like this before. But Kill Uncle is one of those albums that upon first listen is underwhelming. But over time you become used to it. It is like living in the monkey house. The production is not the best and the songs are rather tentaive, play up to a Morrissey image rather than portraying Morrissey himself. Of course I like a few songs on there though. I don't think the album deserves the trashing that it gets.

If I ever stop to think do I REALLY need another pressing of Kill Uncle, I just have to play the record... and I dooo need another pressing of Kill Uncle.

DSCN0075-1.jpg

Kill Uncle thread! I've gotta post!

LOVE this album. I usually skip over Asian Rut or The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye when I'm just playing music randomly, but they have their place on the album and I enjoy listening to them every once in a while. Other than that I LOVE the songs completely. Especially Our Frank, Sing Your Life, King Leer, Found Found Found, and Tony The Pony get played a lot, compared to "average" songs, I think. Especially King Leer, though I'm not a fan of the live version on that one. The studio one, love!

kill uncle is one of my all time favorite albums. it's brilliant. if you don't get it, that is a shame.

If I ever stop to think do I REALLY need another pressing of Kill Uncle, I just have to play the record... and I dooo need another pressing of Kill Uncle.

DSCN0075-1.jpg

I love this :thumb::thumb:

I hate the production, I would have scrapped it and rerecorded the whole thing.

Some of the songs could have been fantastic, I love Mute Witness but it was a big opportunity missed. he's never going to record it again but I'd love to here the songs played by the current band and produced by someone who actually cared.

Its a cracking album, i dont think moz has made a bad album, all quality

1. Our Frank
2. Sing Your Life
3. Mute Witness
4. King Leer
5. Driving Your Girlfriend Home
6. There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Right there, you've got a great Moz album. Very short, but great nonetheless.

Excellent track list for Kill Uncle...maybe Tony The Pony would fit on there?

Maybe I'm The End Of The Family Line wouldn't be a bad addition either...then at least there'd be 8 tracks.

I never understood why people can't find it in themselves to appreciate the album. Kill Uncle is actually the album that turned me on to solo Morrissey, and today I adore all nine of his albums.

I think 'King Leer' is one of Morrissey's greatest songs. :blushing:

DSCN0075-1.jpg

Sweet fancy Moses.

The End Of The Family Line is the most underated song on the album and I think Morrissey should have performed it more live. There's still time Moz!

I like it way better than Vauxhall And I, actually.

But ROTT will always be my favorite.

huh huh... huh huh.. you said butt rot!

The End Of The Family Line is the most underated song on the album and I think Morrissey should have performed it more live. There's still time Moz!

He did, he played it in the first Kill Uncle show in Dublin in 1991 then dropped it til he hit the states where he played it on the first 6 shows. Since then it has not been played.

I know he did play it live 1991, but he didn't play it a lot afterwards and there's not many great bootlegs with Morrissey singing it either. I've got about 1 or 2, I think.

It's an amazing album but I'll never not see this now when I look at the cover. :D

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961.jpg

It's an amazing album but I'll never not see this now when I look at the cover. :D

harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961.jpg

:lbf: Well, JK Rowling is a Moz fan...

Anyway, I don't think KU is that bad either, in fact I really like a lot of the songs on it- 'Our Frank', 'Mute Witness' 'I'm The End Of The Family Line', 'There Is A Place In Hell...' etc. I really like 'Tony the Pony' too, although it isn't on the UK version :tears:.

The weird echoey effect on some songs (e.g., 'Sing Your Life') is one thing that does my head in though. That and 'Found Found Found'.

I talked more about Kill Uncle in this thread I made a while back. :)

I adore it! It's wonderfully peculiar. It's Morrissey at his lightest, a great slice of his bright side. Even though it still swings from Carry-On-Morrissey to We're-All-Going-To-Die-Morrissey, it's still on the whole... upbeat.

After I listen to it I feel like I've been out for a drive with Moz and we've had a chat. (Scary and psychotic of me to think that, I realise.) I think that's the chatty style of the lyrics and the way it's all his voice in your ears.

mikael ftw :thumb:
gr8 thread title too :)
and yes indeed, there are those of us that adore Kill Uncle :eek:
I have never understood Morrissey fans that don't :confused:

ps: KU predates that harry potter retard :cool:

Tags
nicethreadtitle
Back
Top Bottom