I Don't Mind if You Forget Me

Absolutely terrible, pathetic song, with a risible sentiment.

I wish Morrissey would send me his hardened regards. Like now. :straightface:

Music-wise it's fine. But lyrics-wise, about telling people you're such a nonentity to forget you even ever existed, it's just ludicrously pathetic self-pitying intolerable crap.

Music-wise it's fine. But lyrics-wise, about telling people you're such a nonentity to forget you even ever existed, it's just ludicrously pathetic self-pitying intolerable crap.

Then you're missing the point. What does it mean when someone says, "I don't care that you don't love me!" It means they do care. If they truly didn't care, they wouldn't say anything.

Not sure I interpret it the same way. I've always laughed aloud at how Morrissey takes the mundane, i.e. a breakup and catapults it into high drama: "..rejection is one thing, but rejection from a fool is cruel." Hilarious, smartly written in my humble opinion.

Absolutely terrible, pathetic song, with a risible sentiment.

That's to Marr no one may deny, but it's not terrible. It's one of better Viva Hate song. I don't why you say that... that time - to Morrissey - was one of hardest: Marr threw Morrissey out and took a different way. The Smiths were everything on Morrissey's life and Johnny knew it.

Back
Top Bottom