I don't know if I'm allowed here

skull

...but, if anyone of you can be interested, I would be glad to have your opinions about a song of mine, played live...You can find it on you tube searching for "mocking the journey". Please don't insult me...Thank you!

Re: I don't know if I'm allowed here...

I had a listen on youtube, the sound quality was very poor I could hardly hear anything but the drums. But I've visited your myspace and am just listening to I Feel So Sad. The way the song starts reminds me incredibly of Suede. The guitar riffs sound like The Cure. The singing, especially towards the end sounds like you are trying too hard to imitate Placebo. So, all in all, I can see/hear a lot of work put into your music but it's a bit too easy to recognize your musical influences.

I hope that wasn't insulting.

Edit: This thread most probably is going to be moved by the moderators, don't take it as an offense.

EPbabe, before they cancel this thread I just want to thank you for your time, really! Thank you!

I had a listen on youtube, the sound quality was very poor I could hardly hear anything but the drums. But I've visited your myspace and am just listening to I Feel So Sad. The way the song starts reminds me incredibly of Suede. The guitar riffs sound like The Cure. The singing, especially towards the end sounds like you are trying too hard to imitate Placebo. So, all in all, I can see/hear a lot of work put into your music but it's a bit too easy to recognize your musical influences.

I hope that wasn't insulting.

Edit: This thread most probably is going to be moved by the moderators, don't take it as an offence.

Well, let's hear your singing and musical efforts, Miss Hyper Critical.
Joking! Good of you to take the time to listen and provide feedback.
Yeah, this thread doesn't belong here. Should be in 'other music'. This bit of the forum is specifically about Morrissey/Smiths related stuff...

EP=Simon Cowell

EPbabe, before they cancel this thread I just want to thank you for your time, really! Thank you!

'they' won't cancel it - it'll just get moved.
do a cover of a Smiths/Moz song, and it would be ok to post here...

Back
Top Bottom