"I don't bless them" QID intro meaning?

Prince Harry's message re: Prince Philip's death ended with the line "per mare, per terram" latin for by sea, by land. Spooky huh!

Try this (sorry it's a wav), about 0.8 speed.
Ignore the tiny echo and you can hear the 'atsee' sound which sounds more like testing when in the full mix.
Regards,
FWD.

Ah! thanks! Now I hear it, “ by land by sea” amazing how much the electronic processing changed it in the release version. He speaks it more, he’s not holding out the notes of the words as heard on your wav file.

Prince Harry's message re: Prince Philip's death ended with the line "per mare, per terram" latin for by sea, by land. Spooky huh!
The Royal Marines motto. Never knew that.

I agree. I always thought it was rather obvious that there is more than one layer of meaning in this lyric. I wasn't aware that many people think it's really only about the Queen. I mean, what do these people think the lines

And I was shocked into shame to discover
How I'm the 18th pale descendent 5
Of some old queen or other

are about?
I thought the point of the whole song was that Morrissey is the repressed Prince Charles figure (i.e a man who feels powerless and ineffectual / 'castrated', tied to an overbearing mother who runs his life, hiding part of who he is, too uptight to take solace in drink or drugs). Self-loathing.

Back
Top Bottom