Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

Just to say that I will be eternally grateful to the NHS who swiftly saved my life at the end of 2017. My treatment and the experience was nothing but awesome.

I am sorry to read about this sad story. Medical malpractice is quite common, not just in Great Britain. You can read about the reasons for these deficiencies in the health care sector online, it's everywhere.

But, surprisingly and against our better judgement, we again and again put too much faith in the "halfgods in white". There are also reasons for that.

It seems impossible to even think about filing an action against the doctors in this moment of all-encompassing grief. I am sure. But if the evidence is so clear, why not? Even decades later I regret that I never sued the hospital where my father died, but back then I was too immersed in grieving and thus the chief physician I talked to afterwards, and who even apologized to me, had an easy job convincing me not to take legal steps.

Anyways, it will take a few years to work through this, but eventually it will get better.
It took me awhile to understand that the more underfunded and thus overtaxed and prone to error the public sector is, the more we, as patients and also as relatives or friends of patients, have to take over responsibility. It is a fight, and it is indeed extremely time- and money-consuming and also nerve-racking. But someone has to pay for it, and sometimes they pay with their lives. That's the sad truth.

There is no evidence.

She died of an aggressive cancer that has very poor survival stats.

She became ill a matter of weeks ago when these tests started. There is no doctor on the planet who could have treated and cured her of this cancer at that stage, detected or otherwise.

blimey. And you have just extended the blame to how old people are treated by the NHS.

How you went from what is posted to that god only knows. Maybe stick to the facts that are provided?

A woman in her 80s getting a late diagnosis of a cancer that people rarely survive from even with years of early detection was never going to end well no matter which health provision there was.

Love it when non medical people lash out at a health service when they have no understanding.

You can't blame him when he'll have heard about the Liverpool pathway being bungled enough times to be discontinued. Plus the Covid in care homes debacle. A lot of people think the elderly are being killed off to save money & because their lives aren't seen as worth living.

And do what instead - make everyone pay for healthcare?
yes and associated tax cut of course.
safety net for impecunious
financial penalty/tax/levy for middle classes with poor lifestyle choices affecting health

You can't blame him when he'll have heard about the Liverpool pathway being bungled enough times to be discontinued. Plus the Covid in care homes debacle. A lot of people think the elderly are being killed off to save money & because their lives aren't seen as worth living.

This has absolutely nothing to do with what was posted by Morrissey. He never once suggested it was related to how old she was and has nothing to do with a care home.

You are digressing

I think if Morrissey goose stepped up and down an NHS ward telling everyone they were crap you would still think he was meaning something else.

It is very clear in black and white. You are showing yourself up

An accusation is different from not being happy with the way things went.

He's not actually said they were negligent.

You could say he was blaming his mother for not getting a second opinion. Or the Gods for not listening to his wishes.

You lot show up your desperation to be mad at him on a daily basis.

yes and associated tax cut of course.
safety net for impecunious
financial penalty/tax/levy for middle classes with poor lifestyle choices affecting health

and children who live in poverty? How do they pay?

Moron

Just awful.

It doesn't do anybody any good, NHS patients and NHS staff, to engage in this facile fairy tale that the NHS is staffed by Saints and Angels, and is a National Treasure, to be saluted on command. It's a fairy tale that has been used and abused by all sides for many years now, but really began ramping up with Danny Boyle's Cool Britannia pantomime for the Jubil-ympics in 2012, and then on into the Brexit bullshit. Yes, it most likely is one of the greatest achievements of British society since World War II, and at least it's not the American carnage, but that doesn't particularly help people in the here and now.

As much as people can, and do, say, 'it's all the fault of Thatcher/Cameron/Johnson', or bloody management consultants, or 'cutbacks', or whatever, but at some point, in every healthcare interaction it will come down to human f***ing beings. And as in any other system you will get good humans and shit ones, smart ones and dumb. Difference with the NHS system is the dumb ones can kill you. Or your loved ones. Or f*** your life irreversibly.

My Mother would have died of Dementia. Or Parkinson's. No cure for either. In the end, what most likely ended her life on the day that it did, was a harassed District Nurse, who put on a Morphine patch to ease a level of pain in her patient that her medical ineptitude caused over the space of only 6 weeks. Three days later my Mum stopped breathing. She lied to us that she'd sought a GP's permission for it, and about the safety of it, in my Mum's case. At the end of the day though, it was me that gave her permission to apply the patch, after weeks of wearing me down with guilt. The GP's certificate lists cause of death as simply "dementia". In other words, "She was old and she would have died anyway". Which is true. But the pain doesn't acknowledge such handsome logic.

It's a f***ing mess, and í don't know what the answer is, but throwing money at it while offering up a defence of national treasure holiness isn't going to work for very much longer.

You forgot to add Blair.

An accusation is different from not being happy with the way things went.

He's not actually said they were negligent.

You could say he was blaming his mother for not getting a second opinion. Or the Gods for not listening to his wishes.

You lot show up your desperation to be mad at him on a daily basis.

It is plain to read.

You show up your desperation to accept and love everything he says on a daily basis.

He said they packed her off with paracetemol and that they failed after several repeat tests to find out what was wrong with he which they did obviously find out because they told him she had 3 weeks to live which they would only have done knowing that she had the cancer.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence will read that as it says. You can try and try to interpret it differently as much as you want.

Anyone who works in the NHS and anyone that was treating his mother will see that for what it is , an attack and criticism.

You see it as a "well he was really just saying it hadn't gone the way he wanted and it was due to the set of circumstances he was in".

Sure.

We all know that she died and that is a set of circumstances anyone who watches a loved one die of a terminal disease go through but to now be posting this is not just acceptance of that outcome that most people have to deal with but a blame game, his usual thing when he can't control something and believes it could have had a better outcome. It could never have had a different outcome.

Maybe he doesn't trust the diagnosis of gallbladder cancer. I wonder if Moz is having an autopsy done.

Going from a terminal diagnosis to death in 9 days is brutal. There's nothing anyone can say, they're going to have to work through the grief their own way.

Shut the f*** up, Clown Shoes. His mother was old. Know what happens when you get old? You ducking die. EVERYONE does.

If Morrissey’s present “NHS killed mom” bullocks interests you, for even a second - please eat a lump of freezing cold poison.

Absolute c***s.

Yes. You are.

Those are specific to the circumstances he was in.

Plenty of people have died on an nhs hill. It doesn't actually help anyone not to discuss problems in the system - even if the problem is there wasn't enough psychological help given to the family to deal with a sudden terminal diagnosis.

He isn't offering a constructive discussion regarding any limitations that the NHS may or does have. He's grieving, but he is also being the woe-is-i, no-one-has-it-as-bad-as-i-do person that is agreeable in art, but not so when they're lashing out. And, as I said at the start of this, to lash out at the NHS is not going to win any widespread plaudits.

The Morrissey of the 80s and 90s would know this. The one that ran off to LA, then Rome and finally a Swiss mansion is not the same person, and fleeting visits to Bowdon to see his now sadly departed mother is not enough time to keep your finger on the pulse of the wider British public. I thought it was a tad overbearing and cringeworthy, but the support for NHS during the last six months is a testament to the reverence to which we hold the NHS.

Also, "trendy COVID" - do f*** off.

the higher earners pay their 40/45/60% marginal tax rates to pay for others' NHS provision as well as their own private medical. then the left scream 'tax the rich more!'....

The right would be screaming it as well if we had an American system. The nhs evolved because of the flaws with insurance & we're not anti-government to the point where we'd prefer death.

Going from a terminal diagnosis to death in 9 days is brutal. There's nothing anyone can say, they're going to have to work through the grief their own way.

We ulltimately agree. My point is that the NHS is a pretty dodgy target for a persona non grata like Morrissey. You'll have the usual absolute nutjobs on here who'll completely change their mind and attack the Health Service because the guy who sang Girlfriend in a Coma has done it first. But in the long run, it's not a good look.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom