Morrissey Central "I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD" (August 23, 2020)

I DON’T KNOW WHY MY MOTHER IS DEAD

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker.
The official cause of my mother’s death was not the trendy and unquestionable “covid” - but, instead, cancer of the gallbladder … which had gone undetected by the NHS during their three thorough investigations.
How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS.
She might still be alive today.”

Morrissey
23 August 2020.

Untitled_b47und.jpg

Media item:

It's no surprise to me to read this. I was wondering at whom the blame would be directed, because Morrissey has never let any opportunity to cast blame to go begging.
And those of you dullards using this opportunity to put the boot into the NHS, well feel free to take out a BUPA policy. Then, when the private hospitals realise they can't make a profit out of you anymore they'll just kick you out and you'll end up in the NHS anyway. Do you seriously want a US-style healthcare system? Are you that insane?

He's not really blaming anyone - he's wishing it was different.

Fing hell, i did wonder! How disgusting!!!!! You need to sue. So angry for you! Fight not to have Covid on the death cert. Horrible, just horrible! xxx

What?

Who said anyone was putting covid on a death certificate?

Why is it disgusting?

That's a really sick interpretation & I really don't know where you've been that you don't know that the NHS does sometimes let people down.

Doctors working in the NHS can make mistakes. And if a mistake has been made in this case then I hope the Dwyer family pursue it legally. But to attack THE NHS is something I am always going to come out against, the guy who sung "Rubber Ring" be damned.

“Following a stroke, her recovery was remarkable.
She had three extensive head-to-toe examinations by the NHS who could find nothing amiss.
Four days following the third all-clear examination I was told that my mother had three weeks to live.
Nine days later she had withered and died without any attempt by the NHS to save her life.
So after three head-to-toe examinations after a stroke, then clearly some kind of investigation that led to the gall bladder cancer being detected, he's accusing the NHS of negligence? I only hope that when the papers pick this one up and the relevant hospital is asked for its side of the story then we will get a fuller picture.

Morrissey
Shut the front door, please.
You’re embarrassing yourself.
There’s is always someone to blame.
As usual, the puppets on here believe it.

He's not really blaming anyone - he's wishing it was different.

What?

So him suggesting that his mother would still be around if she hadn't gone to the NHS is not blaming anyone?

The trendy covid?

No blame here.

Sure

Doctors working in the NHS can make mistakes. And if a mistake has been made in this case then I hope the Dwyer family pursue it legally. But to attack THE NHS is something I am always going to come out against, the guy who sung "Rubber Ring" be damned.

spot on, Ben.

He's talking about the circumstances he was in - it's not an attack on the existence of the nhs.

I believe that Morrissey is grieving and the grief at losing his beloved mother and best friend is breaking his heart.I am so sorry for your loss but you have to be strong,your mother would want you to live your life and be happy,you meant everything to her as well.

Wonderful how so many people helped save the NHS. By f***ing dying for it.

This lockdown/"Save the NHS"/"Clap for the NHS" madness was never about saving lives.

It was about saving the institution of the NHS.

He's talking about the circumstances he was in - it's not an attack on the existence of the nhs.

"Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker."

"How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS"

The NHS saved my life. I will die on the hill of defending them seven days a week.

So after three head-to-toe examinations after a stroke, then clearly some kind of investigation that led to the gall bladder cancer being detected, he's accusing the NHS of negligence? I only hope that when the papers pick this one up and the relevant hospital is asked for its side of the story then we will get a fuller picture.

He's not made an accusation as such. He's said they didn't find it, then when they did find it they didn't treat it & his mother accepted their decisions & he wishes she hadn't.

"Once the NHS waves you off with paracetamol, get ready to meet your maker."

"How I wish to all gods that my mother had expressed no faith in the NHS"

The NHS saved my life. I will die on the hill of defending them seven days a week.

Those are specific to the circumstances he was in.

Plenty of people have died on an nhs hill. It doesn't actually help anyone not to discuss problems in the system - even if the problem is there wasn't enough psychological help given to the family to deal with a sudden terminal diagnosis.

I am sorry to read about this sad story. Medical malpractice is quite common, not just in Great Britain. You can read about the reasons for these deficiencies in the health care sector online, it's everywhere.

But, surprisingly and against our better judgement, we again and again put too much faith in the "halfgods in white". There are also reasons for that.

It seems impossible to even think about filing an action against the doctors in this moment of all-encompassing grief. I am sure. But if the evidence is so clear, why not? Even decades later I regret that I never sued the hospital where my father died, but back then I was too immersed in grieving and thus the chief physician I talked to afterwards, and who even apologized to me, had an easy job convincing me not to take legal steps.

Anyways, it will take a few years to work through this, but eventually it will get better.
It took me awhile to understand that the more underfunded and thus overtaxed and prone to error the public sector is, the more we, as patients and also as relatives or friends of patients, have to take over responsibility. It is a fight, and it is indeed extremely time- and money-consuming and also nerve-racking. But someone has to pay for it, and sometimes they pay with their lives. That's the sad truth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see anyone being let down in this. Unless you detect gallbladder cancer years earlier survival is very slim and in this case even if they had noticed a year ago prognosis wouldn't have been great. Very low survival rates for that cancer.

It is usually always detected too late because people rarely know they have it until it is too late.

Unless she was paying to get full scans every 6 months privately when not ill then the outcome would likely have been the same. Even with early detection with this cancer the survival rate is only about 15% and this obviously wasn't detected early

Probably - but people don't think straight when they're upset.

That is so heartbreaking to read. It echoes my own experience with both my parents in a similar "healthcare" system in Ireland, where being older means you are expendable and not worth the bother of thoroughness, in diagnosis or follow up care. It's so awful to read this and see the photo of a young vibrant Elizabeth. The trust of the elderly is betrayed by a system where no one is culpable. "That is no country for old men" - or women, applies universally it seems. Bless their hearts , a sad read.

blimey. And you have just extended the blame to how old people are treated by the NHS.

How you went from what is posted to that god only knows. Maybe stick to the facts that are provided?

A woman in her 80s getting a late diagnosis of a cancer that people rarely survive from even with years of early detection was never going to end well no matter which health provision there was.

Love it when non medical people lash out at a health service when they have no understanding.

What?

So him suggesting that his mother would still be around if she hadn't gone to the NHS is not blaming anyone?

The trendy covid?

No blame here.

Sure

He didn't say she shouldn't have gone to the nhs & trendy is beyond a reach.

He's not made an accusation as such. He's said they didn't find it, then when they did find it they didn't treat it & his mother accepted their decisions & he wishes she hadn't.

I think if Morrissey goose stepped up and down an NHS ward telling everyone they were crap you would still think he was meaning something else.

It is very clear in black and white. You are showing yourself up

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom