I did post the Scotland+UKTourbook 85 in here for your pleasure...

Re; the back cover photo.

This is unlikely to be Edinburgh since the booklet was made BEFORE the tour began (to be sold at dates) and The Smiths never played Scotland that year until that tour. It is likely taken from an earlier gig that year - considering The Smiths played their first major US tour that summer, it may well be an American cityscape, perhaps even Los Angeles (taken from Hollywood looking down at the city it's a logical viewpoint) where they played two nights in June 85. The photo credit says "Angie" - Johnny's wife. Johnny and Angie married on that same 1985 US tour incidentally.

So chances are it's a foreign/US city and not actually Scotland.

I did think that but i just wanted it to be Edinburgh:p

Thank you! This is fabulous!!!:)

the back cover of the scottish tourbook i always assume it was calton hill ..but yes unlikely if there werent touring there before. this tour 85
i did climb it up when i was in february this year.. but i could be anywhere sa else of course....
ohh i didnt realize tht the maggi clarke interview was conducted there on calton hill...now i recognize some parts there

Last edited:
your arsenal and kill uncle tourbook

I thought about scanning the" your arsenal and kill uncle tourbook" recently too but i think these download scans of the kill uncle and your arsenal tourbooks are still valid : http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=84727&highlight=tourbooks
but if anyone have problems with downloading them^ i am at service then if required;-)

Last edited:
thank you sistasheila

Andy's the only one who named Morrissey as fav singer.

oops, this was old and I already had them :p

Last edited:
PS - in fact the more I look at it, the more it does look like LA. The concrete steps/balcony *could* even be the Griffith Observatory (from Rebel Without A Cause). Just a thought?

i think you are right.

note jim connolly there don the tour perdona didnt have moz a bodyguard in the early 90 ties named jim conolly..i wonder if itsthe same man

you are correct. jim connolly is listed as "knuckle duster" on the live in dallas credits, if i am not mistaken.

i scanned the uk+scotlandtourbook 85 and post it in here
Scotlandtourbook 85
scotfrontneu.jpg

I missed these the first time around. Many thanks, sistasheila. Good buy, thanks for posting. The Glascow show on this tour was great, as well as the Dundee Soundcheck. And in Inverness, it was the first and only time Asleep was played live. I want to believe that the back cover photo of the tourbook was taken at Griffith Observatory...the thought makes me tingle. :)

. The Glascow show on this tour was great, as well as the Dundee Soundcheck. And in Inverness, it was the first and only time Asleep was played live. :)

oh would you please tell more...i would love to hear some smiths concert stories
also feel free to add your stories of the souncheck beside the concerts

@abraham such a pity he didnt stick with jim as PB he seems to be a genuine nice guy i saw in thesing your life fanzine a story of a guy who did meet moz and jim photographed him and moz.
i dont think arturo would do that ..he would more likely crush the camera :D;)
i think i also saw him on the live in dallas dvd when this girl in the yellow a shirt came up on stage and kissed morrissey`s hand during ?every day is like sunday?

oh would you please tell more...i would love to hear some smiths concert stories
also feel free to add your stories of the souncheck beside the concerts
Alas, I've never seen The Smiths live but I've downloaded many of their shows from Smithstorrents so I feel as though I've been on tour with them. The shows from 1985 are some of my favorites including the Apollo Theatre in Oxford and the Beacon Theater in New York. Sadly, I've lost part of my Smiths catalogue (always back up your files - a little too late for me) so I can't be more detailed about the shows, just going off the ratings in my itunes and my memory. But the Dundee and Inverness soundchecks are fascinating to hear as the band works it out on stage without an audience. We have Steve to thank for these recordings. Here's what he has to say about the Inverness soundcheck.

Tags
photo smiths tour tourbook
Back
Top Bottom