I Am Not A Dog On A Chain = Techno Kill Uncle

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
The line "if you want to sing, just sing" in Jim Jim Falls reminding of Sing Your Life
Dog on a chan = King Lear
The Secret of Music = The truth of the Camera Eye
My Hurling Days are done = End of the Family Line
And the Truth about Ruth could have been on KU with some imagination

I would find it more appropriate to say that IANADOAC draws inspiration from his 1987 - 1991 period, which includes KU, with a dose of electronics added to it. For me, some songs remind me more of Bona Drag (What Kind of People, Once I Saw The River Clean and Jim Jim Falls) or Strangeways (Bobby, My hurling Days Are Over) but there is a striking resemblance between IANADOAC and King Lear.

But if you really want to compare this one to Kill Uncle, I can not help but feel that Kill Uncle was let down by the production and a lack of interest / energy on behalf of Morrissey himself. The potential of the songs on Kill Uncle was never fully exploited. Do you want to re-issue it with Chicarelli as producer and the current band?

The line "if you want to sing, just sing" in Jim Jim Falls reminding of Sing Your Life

I would find it more appropriate to say that IANADOAC draws inspiration from his 1987 - 1991 period, which includes KU, with a dose of electronics added to it. For me, some songs remind me more of Bona Drag (What Kind of People, Once I Saw The River Clean and Jim Jim Falls) or Strangeways (Bobby, My hurling Days Are Over) but there is a striking resemblance between IANADOAC and King Lear.

But if you really want to compare this one to Kill Uncle, I can not help but feel that Kill Uncle was let down by the production and a lack of interest / energy on behalf of Morrissey himself. The potential of the songs on Kill Uncle was never fully exploited. Do you want to re-issue it with Chicarelli as producer and the current band?

Yes, it does remind me of his early solo years. Say what you want about the quality of his lyrics nowadays, but I Am Not a Dog on a Chain features his best vocal melodies in a long time.

I'll give the record credit for being strange, but it's certainly not good. Lyrics are abysmal and there isn't a single memorable melody to be found across 11 tracks. It does remind me more of Bona Drag than Kill Uncle.

Is the title track reminding you of King Leer good?

King Leer is one of my favourites but I’ve seen loads of people say it’s one of his worst songs.

IANADOAC reminds me of IANADOAC

:p:cool:

The only thing about dog on a chain that makes me think of king leer is that it’s maybe vaguely in the same sorta style. To me it makes me think of bona drag because of the variety coupled with its consistency. I thought he had a lot of swagger here and his vocals have been reflecting that. His public fight seems to have really inspired him

IIIIIIIIII’MMMMMM THROWING MY ARMS AROUND
AROUND PILLOW

Back
Top Bottom