California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
This never happened in history of pop/rock music. Even Sex Pistols had radio and TV play and push from record company and management.
Morrissey was alone, just with band friends - Boz, Tobias & co.
This is the greatest victory in modern art. So proud for Morrissey.
Morrissey is the greatest!

The question is why not? You would think it was in the best interest of BMG to promote it as normal to drive sales?

Truth is from day one The Smiths struggled to get airplay on daytime/ mainstream radio although they did make it onto Top Of The Pops frequently which helped their profile as did Morrissey when he went solo.

Not true at all. They are (The Smiths) in rotation day in day out with John Peel for example.
This time, zero, nothing, radio/tv play for Morrissey, zero, nothing, push from BMG (shame on them). I bet, Morrissey was given money from his pocket even for recording sessions.

The question is why not? You would think it was in the best interest of BMG to promote it as normal to drive sales?

Maybe they thought the album was good enough to sell on its own merits?

Not true at all. They are (The Smiths) in rotation day in day out with John Peel for example.
This time, zero, nothing, radio/tv play for Morrissey, zero, nothing, push from BMG (shame on them). I bet, Morrissey was given money from his pocket even for recording sessions.
If you read what I said, they were not played on daytime or mainstream radio from day one in the UK, that's a fact and Morrissey was constantly complaining about it on tv interviews and music newspapers like NME, Melodymaker, Sounds etc John Peel had a popular radio show but it was on later in the evening and he did champion The Smiths, Kid Jensen too but to say they were played frequently is nonsense, they actually achieved major success without being radio darlings. I was there from the start and I remember those days well.

Bottom line? It’s a fantastic album. I could careless how many albums he’s sold, his chart position, what it all means and why blah blah blah.......I don’t buy albums anymore. I just have Apple Music and listen to whatever tickles my fancy. But I always do hope Morrissey is successful and this is his best since quarry. My hurling days are done is simply beautiful and haunting. What kind of people live in these houses is a real gem. Knockabout world, Jim Jim falls fantastic. Even darling I hug a pillow and I am not a dog are just growing on me. I don’t care about what he said , what he meant, or his supposed politics. I could give an eff. People should follow their own hearts and stop being so damn rigid and overbearing with their fake moral outrage if someone says or feels differently. I am just so thankful that Morrissey keeps trudging forward . His music has always touched me in ways few artists ever have and listening to this album he still does

I’m delighted his sales are down. his recent pronouncements are disgusting and all the gaslighting on this site is incredibly depressing. If you continue to support Morrissey and his obnoxious views then shame on you

I’m delighted his sales are down. his recent pronouncements are disgusting and all the gaslighting on this site is incredibly depressing. If you continue to support Morrissey and his obnoxious views then shame on you
Mike Joyce alert!!!

What recent pronouncements has he made recently...... I can only presume pin badge and comments from low in high school pre relaese era..?? I support morrissey after a disappointing Leeds concert, but a triumphant album one of his best in a long while. Does the polish, Chinese, Asian communities of the uk , and presumably Europe, not huddle together and keep the same company , as English, Scottish people ect....don't put your shame on me , its ugly keep it for one of the yet unexposed pop stars of yesteryear

What recent pronouncements has he made recently...... I can only presume pin badge and comments from low in high school pre relaese era..?? I support morrissey after a disappointing Leeds concert, but a triumphant album one of his best in a long while. Does the polish, Chinese, Asian communities of the uk , and presumably Europe, not huddle together and keep the same company , as English, Scottish people ect....don't put your shame on me , its ugly keep it for one of the yet unexposed pop stars of yesteryear

I also think it's his best in a while.

6720? That is just appalling. Nearly 2,000 less (LESS!) than California Son (considered by most round here to be his worst ever solo album).
I really hope Anne Marie Waters appreciated and benefited massively from Morrissey's endorsement because it has destroyed his career.
Morrisseys career is far from over

I also think it's his best in a while.
Was it you, or me who guessed the chart position right, can't quite remember......the only one thing I'm bitterly disappointed with this release is the fact that Morrissey hasn't taken the opportunity to say anything outrageous, like he always has done in the past.... older fans like us expect it , well first time for everything I suppose......he must be like a boy on the naught step hoping bmg will offer another deal.... lets hope so as I can't see another l.p. for sometime.....

Was it you, or me who guessed the chart position right, can't quite remember......the only one thing I'm bitterly disappointed with this release is the fact that Morrissey hasn't taken the opportunity to say anything outrageous, like he always has done in the past.... older fans like us expect it , well first time for everything I suppose......he must be like a boy on the naught step hoping bmg will offer another deal.... lets hope so as I can't see another l.p. for sometime.....

I originally said 8 but once I saw what else was being released I said 3 if you remember. Yes I agree last one for a while unless he self releases? Sleeper did this last year and managed to get to number 18 and they have a much smaller fan base than Morrissey.

I originally said 8 but once I saw what else was being released I said 3 if you remember. Yes I agree last one for a while unless he self releases? Sleeper did this last year and managed to get to number 18 and they have a much smaller fan base than Morrissey.
Ah yes, that sounds familiar, think I said no4....... I owe you a pint at the next concert then..... wherever, whenever...... he won't self release, absolutely not, ever....yes remember sleeper, had they broken up or not can't quite remember. How many sales to get to no 18 in the uk album charts.....by the way just listened to Craig Charles on BBC 6 music, funk, soul disco from 6 to 9pm, nice change for another long and wonderful day...

Ah yes, that sounds familiar, think I said no4....... I owe you a pint at the next concert then..... wherever, whenever...... he won't self release, absolutely not, ever....yes remember sleeper, had they broken up or not can't quite remember. How many sales to get to no 18 in the uk album charts.....by the way just listened to Craig Charles on BBC 6 music, funk, soul disco from 6 to 9pm, nice change for another long and wonderful day...
Yes, they broke up 20 years ago and reformed a couple of years ago, did a couple of gigs to test the water and then did a UK tour which sold very well, so they self released an album and toured again. I never saw them back In the day but have seen them 5 times in the last 2 years and am seeing them again this year. They are an excellent live act.

This is a track off their new album

Last edited:
Surface give it a rest, you're beginning to sound like a normal, sensible, rational person, FFS. What meds are you taking?.
Get back to the troll penn.

Surface give it a rest, you're beginning to sound like a normal, sensible, rational person, FFS. What meds are you taking?.
Get back to the troll penn.

I have never said I don't like his music Mozmar - I just wish he hadn't let his misguided thoughts alienate so many of his previously loyal fan base. If this album had been released pre 2018 it would have sold very well.

I have never said I don't like his music Mozmar - I just wish he hadn't let his misguided thoughts alienate so many of his previously loyal fan base. If this album had been released pre 2018 it would have sold very well.

He's Morrissey...he speaks his mind & says what he thinks, when others don't have the courage to do so. You should know that by now surely? Controversy is his middle name.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom