California Son: 4
I Am Not a Dog on a Chain: 3

UPDATE 11:25 AM PT:

Added placings:
#1 in the Official Physical Albums Chart Top 100
#1 in the Official Independent Albums Chart Top 50
#2 in the Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40

Last edited by a moderator:
Social media is a hatred machine & it makes people feel they have to join the witch hunt or they'll be next.

He's surviving. It'll burn out.

Social media is the key to making sense of all this. In the 90s there was similar hatred and lies. I remember Select magazine running a story about Morrissey being seen in an Angus Steakhouse; a complete hate fuelled fabrication. But it could be contained back then—Morrissey made them publish an apology and that mitigated the injury of the lies. It’s a different ball game now.

Social media is a hatred machine & it makes people feel they have to join the witch hunt or they'll be next.

He's surviving. It'll burn out.

Point to any indication it is burning out. It's over 2 years since he shared his thoughts, nothing has improved.

Amazon: hes now on 17, Amazon is so irrelevant (all the "NOW 100 Hits"-compliations that you see high in the amazon charts are nowhere seen in the official charts.
more important: he was not in the top 100 in the official UK Album Streaming charts last week

aside from the few first-week fanatics that bought several copies and dont care about his far-right escapades nobody else really cared about the album.

Point to any indication it is burning out. It's over 2 years since he shared his thoughts, nothing has improved.
In terms of the widest point, the important question relates to whether Morrissey’s fate remains in his own hands. I believe it does, and I honestly haven’t seen anything to shake me from this.

Yes, if anything one could argue that it's getting worse (see the radio airplay in the UK difference between 2018/19 and this year so far). His current "strategy" of keeping quiet doesn't really seem to be helping, bless him.

In terms of the widest point, the important question relates to whether Morrissey’s fate remains in his own hands. I believe it does, and I honestly haven’t seen anything to shake me from this.

So do I but i'm not sure he realises that?

Are you the Anon who thinks he's not a cult star? Because if I had to be there, he's probably a cult star.

And if you're the one who thinks he's over because The World Of Indie has turned on him. Meh. I've seen Twitter reduce people to dust. If he's still making records & playing gigs, he'll recover.

But what did you see that you think I'm missing?
He's reached the end of his record deal - over the duration of this record deal his UK fanbase (which is a third of his worldwide fanbase) has crumbled by what would appear to be anything between 50% and 70% judging by sales and live audiences following his support for the far right.
During this record deal he's gone from having his biggest ever radio hit (Spent the Day in Bed) to almost zero airplay (despite releasing better/catchier songs). The decline is remarkable. He has indeed put out a new record but it's the end of the deal. If he manages to pick up a new record deal in the next 2 to 3 years, then he obviously can carry on. But the fact that he's just put one out is totally meaningless with regard to his ability to carry on.

What are you on about, he's not recovering at all. It's been 2 years since his voiced his thoughts and things are getting steadily worse.

No, they're not. People are starting to come to his defense, or mention him in neutral or positive ways on social.

He can still tour, he'll probably get another record deal, you're still on his fan site heralding doom.

Yes, if anything one could argue that it's getting worse (see the radio airplay in the UK difference between 2018/19 and this year so far). His current "strategy" of keeping quiet doesn't really seem to be helping, bless him.

Ach, it's the slower option, but it's fine.

Thing is there was no proper single for Dog On A Chain more like 3 instant grats. He did say at one of the gigs recently, think it was Wembley, Love Is On Its Way Out was touted around the radio stations and not one took it on but who knows if he was serious but lack of airplay around this album won't have helped.

No, they're not. People are starting to come to his defense, or mention him in neutral or positive ways on social.

He can still tour, he'll probably get another record deal, you're still on his fan site heralding doom.

California Son sold less than LIHS, IANADOAC sold less than California Son. Last time around he sold 95% of Leeds Arena along with 4 other arenas in the North of England/Scotland. This time around he sold 65% of tickets for his sole Northern/Scotland date.

To any sane person, that looks like a continuing decline.

He's reached the end of his record deal - over the duration of this record deal his UK fanbase (which is a third of his worldwide fanbase) has crumbled by what would appear to be anything between 50% and 70% judging by sales and live audiences following his support for the far right.
During this record deal he's gone from having his biggest ever radio hit (Spent the Day in Bed) to almost zero airplay (despite releasing better/catchier songs). The decline is remarkable. He has indeed put out a new record but it's the end of the deal. If he manages to pick up a new record deal in the next 2 to 3 years, then he obviously can carry on. But the fact that he's just put one out is totally meaningless with regard to his ability to carry on.

To be honest, if 70% of his old fanbase is so thick it can look at the shitshow that is UK politics & still hold a few comments & THE PIN against him, he's well shot of them.

He can definitely keep touring, he's very likely to get another record deal because the album sold & it got decent enough reviews under the worst circumstances.

And he can build a new set of fans interested in his Gothic Exile From Polite Society.

California Son sold less than LIHS, IANADOAC sold less than California Son. Last time around he sold 95% of Leeds Arena along with 4 other arenas in the North of England/Scotland. This time around he sold 65% of tickets for his sole Northern/Scotland date.

I'm interested in his reputation at this point, not his sales.

I don’t think you can really argue with these stats. I’ve followed Morrissey tours since 91, several hundred gigs, including the 3 recent ones, with hopefully Israel to come but, facts can’t be disputed no matter what spin is put on them. I’ll always go (I think) - considering, North America and South America we’ve attended since his opinions etc started getting in the way. I do wish he wasn’t persona non grata, but he can only work with what he’s got. Yes, the arenas didn’t sell very well, or the last couple of albums but, it is what it is.
Buy the records - go the concerts, or don’t.
Each to his/her own.

To be honest, if 70% of his old fanbase is so thick it can look at the shitshow that is UK politics & still hold a few comments & THE PIN against him, he's well shot of them.
He can definitely keep touring, he's very likely to get another record deal because the album sold & it got decent enough reviews under the worst circumstances.

And he can build a new set of fans interested in his Gothic Exile From Polite Society.
It's not a few comments - it's a totally unambiguous endorsement of a far-right political party which has never been retracted. A party so extreme that even Farage ridiculed them. A party that wants to protect the wealthiest people in society by slashing their taxes. A party that wants to spend billions more on military expenditure. A party that wants to deny the existence of a climate emergency. If you support this party and everything they stand for, then that makes you something of a see-you-en-tee. It has nothing at all to do with the wider world of UK politics.
The album sold? You missed a word off the end of that sentence. The album sold pitifully. You don't seem to have any understanding of record sales, album deals, recording costs etc. If you think this all means business as usual with another couple of new albums released in the next few years, you are massively deluded. But we'll see...

Amazon: hes now on 17, Amazon is so irrelevant (all the "NOW 100 Hits"-compliations that you see high in the amazon charts are nowhere seen in the official charts.
more important: he was not in the top 100 in the official UK Album Streaming charts last week

aside from the few first-week fanatics that bought several copies and dont care about his far-right escapades nobody else really cared about the album.

Compilation albums aren't included in the main album chart.

Who the f*** do you think you are. How f***ing dare you call 70% of his old/current fanbase thick. Everyone has their own views on life and just because they do not align with yours or Morrisseys, it does not make them thick you utter c***.

Who the f*** do you think you are. How f***ing dare you call 70% of his old/current fanbase thick. Everyone has their own views on life and just because they do not align with yours or Morrisseys, it does not make them thick you utter c***.

Full tilt exposure there skinny...using that favourite word of yours. Quite disgraceful.
Mods should ban you. You are thick though, thicker than a bag of thick things.
So I'm with Nerak on this.
Just because you're views don't align with Moz's, & vice versa, you call him a bigot...which actually describes yourself to a 'T'. Dipshit.

Full tilt exposure there skinny...using that favourite word of yours. Quite disgraceful.
Mods should ban you. You are thick though, thicker than a bag of thick things.
So I'm with Nerak on this.
Just because you're views don't align with Moz's, & vice versa, you call him a bigot...which actually describes yourself to a 'T'. Dipshit.

Show me one post where I have called him a bigot? Guess what, you can't, do some research before claiming somebody has said something.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom