"I am critically maimed" - Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)' started by Uncleskinny, Jan 2, 2014.

By Uncleskinny on Jan 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM
  1. Uncleskinny

Uncleskinny It's all good Subscriber

Postcard from Morrissey to Dave Haslam. Some of you may have seen this before. I recall Dave Haslam giving a talk entitled "I am critically maimed" at a convention some years ago.

@Mr_Dave_Haslam - Dec. 31, 2013
    31 Dec 1983 the Smiths played the Danceteria NYC. Morrissey reported an injury to @Mr_Dave_Haslam pic.twitter.com/GvFFrg20Km

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
    1. Girl-Afraid
      Girl-Afraid
      Re: "I am critically maimed"

The handwriting of a child psychopath but the mind of a genius.
    2. MORRIZSEY
      MORRIZSEY
      Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

DJ, noted author and all-around Manchester music institution Dave Haslam shared a charming artifact of rock n’ roll history on Tuesday when he tweeted a photo of the below postcard Morrissey sent him about a Smiths show in New York City on New Year’s Eve, 1983 - deathandtaxesmag.com

[​IMG]

Excerpt:

Morrissey had to have been just 24 at the time. However, this is the drama we’ve come to expect from a man who recently put out a memoir where he names every teacher who was ever mean to him.
    3. DAVIE
      DAVIE
      Re: Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

Such innocence back then :)
    4. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Re: Morrissey’s handwritten postcard about a 1983 NYE Smiths show - deathandtaxesmag.com

Hahaha!! Love it...
    5. Tibby
      Tibby

That`s hilarious.Poor Moz!!
    6. Mozzersmandan
    7. Iona Mink
      Iona Mink
      30 years on - "reports of my death has been greatly understated."

It's nice to know some things never change.

(And doubling down with plagiarism to boot. Most impressive.)
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I believe this post-card is definitive proof that if Morrissey had a twitter account, it would be the funniest fucking thing ever. The man was Twittering by post before the internet even happened. That's called be a trend setter kids.