I am a muslim radical and ISIS member and a Morrissey fan, ask me anything

A

Anonymous

I have just returned to the UK after fighting for ISIS. I have been a Morrissey fan since my teens and still listen to his music. Such music is of course forbidden and when I was found to listen to Morrissey while with ISIS I was sentenced to a whip punishment. I was thinking that his fans would like to ask me questions about my life as a member and fighter with ISIS so here is your chance.

I can see how some of his lyrics can be seen as pro muslim and even backs us within ISIS as I think Morrissey is tired of the christian western lifestyle. I have been told that the old singer Cat Stevens, who of course converted to islam, have met Morrissey and told him about islam and that Morrissey regularly reads the Quran and takes great inspiration from it. The song "Istanbul" is about how Morrissey embraced islam and from a reliable source I have been told he spent many hours in a mosque there.

We are not evil we are spreading peace and a new lifestyle, do not be afraid people of the new because the old will always die and be replaced.

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

When he first cried, his mother died. I had tried to be his guide
When he was born I was too young, the father searches for the son

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.
Give me back my brown eyed son.

Moonlight jumping through the trees, sunken eyes avoiding me.
From dawn to dusk the hunt is on, the father searches for the son.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul
Give me back my brown eyed son

On secret streets in disbelief, little shadow shows the lead
Prostitutes stylish and glum, in amongst them you are one
Oh what have I done...

Rolling breathless off the tongue the vicious street gang slang
I lean into a box of pine, identify the kid as mine...

I have just returned to the UK after fighting for ISIS. I have been a Morrissey fan since my teens and still listen to his music. Such music is of course forbidden and when I was found to listen to Morrissey while with ISIS I was sentenced to a whip punishment. I was thinking that his fans would like to ask me questions about my life as a member and fighter with ISIS so here is your chance.

I can see how some of his lyrics can be seen as pro muslim and even backs us within ISIS as I think Morrissey is tired of the christian western lifestyle. I have been told that the old singer Cat Stevens, who of course converted to islam, have met Morrissey and told him about islam and that Morrissey regularly reads the Quran and takes great inspiration from it. The song "Istanbul" is about how Morrissey embraced islam and from a reliable source I have been told he spent many hours in a mosque there.

We are not evil we are spreading peace and a new lifestyle, do not be afraid people of the new because the old will always die and be replaced.

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul

Oh what have I done...

Morrissey wrote Istanbul after meeting Cat Stevens and it is inspired by the Cat Stevens song "Father and Son" and Morrissey has been heard saying he might convert to islam or so a friend of his has stated.

That is old news to me since the lyrics about sunken eyes is in fact a reference to the islamic tradition of women lowering their gaze.

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul

Oh what have I done...

As-salamu alaykum!

I'm a huge fan of Johnny Abdul too. Do you like him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really.....I'm sure some intelligence agency would love to track down your IP address right about now.

As a knowledgeable Morrissey fan, I can assure you that Morrissey opposes rape & murder. The Islamic State of Iraq & Syria, however, wholeheartedly embraces rape & murder. Just because "the old will always die and be replaced" doesn't mean you get to hasten their deaths by shooting them in the heads & stealing their children & planting your seeds in the children to create some "new" to replace the "old."

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul

Oh what have I done...

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul

Oh what have I done...

Try a little harder. You're in France.

Poor effort, 2/10.

If Morrissey met Yusef then he MUST have converted to Islam, then he met Cliff Richard and converted to Christianity, then he met Tom Cruise and converted to Scientology, then he met Julia Roberts and converted to Hinduism.

No, actually, he didn't as he's completely against organised religion and probably sees it as the root of all evil, like any sensible person.

Get a life

Try a little harder. You're in France.

I was in France yesterday and today I am in Holland. I go back to Thornton on Monday. I am sorry for not being able to answer all questions until then but appreciate all the questions asked so far. I will come back with answers, insha'Allah.

Allahu akbar

"Istanbul"

In Istanbul.
Give him back to me
In Istanbul.

In Istanbul
Give him back to me
In Istanbul

Oh what have I done...

This is an interesting topic. Morrissey has, to some extent, 'lived the dream' of the perfect western lifestyle of wealth and fame. Not Elvis levels but certainly at least at the level Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam achieved before converting to Islam. It would not surprise me if Morrissey were to convert to a strict religion as he reports a life of aimless indolence where nothing seems to make him happy, no amount of adulation from fans, or luxury lifestyle. He has also frequently claims to be suicidal.

My understanding of ISIS/ISIL is that music would be banned entirely, including Yusuf Islam. And Morrissey would have to stop wearing crucifixes as a fashion accessory. Are there any songs of Morrissey which you think escape the 'haram' description, other than 'Istanbul'?

best
BB

Hi,

I am completely unknowledgeable of the fight of Islamic terrorism in America. However, I do have my own principles and I am willing to BELIEVE and counterattack. I hope that you see this message and respond. Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom