Hyde Park - The return of Alain Whyte?

King Leer

Leering since '97
A user named Foster on the main board mentioned that those attending O2 Wireless in Hyde Park will "witness the return of Alain Whyte."

Probably not true, unfortunately, but has anybody heard anything like this?

A user named Foster on the main board mentioned that those attending O2 Wireless in Hyde Park will "witness the return of Alain Whyte."

Probably not true, unfortunately, but has anybody heard anything like this?

Not heard it, but the way things work around here is that if this thread gets 5 posts, it becomes a strong rumour, 25 posts then it becomes a possibility. 45 posts it becomes FACT:D

Jukebox Jury

No plans to attend this one at the moment, but if it heralded the return of Alain, I would go like a shot. Bring back the man. Viva Alain.

If it helps us get to 50, then count me in. Come on Alain - get off your lazy arse, or your gonna go the way of Big Boz!

Jesse's much better. Nothing against Alain at all - it's just that I went from mild disappointment at Alain's departure in 2004, to being absolutely blown away by Jesse as a part of Moz's sound.

If this really is the only UK gig this summer and Alain has written all the as yet unheard songs, then let the boy play!

I guess it's only a handful of us who think Alain being away is only one of the problems with the current lineup?
I understand Mikey will stay away and that's a pity. I also understand Jesse's staying and that sucks.

Before you get upset, remember this is an opinion, nothing else. :rolleyes:

Let's not start the Alain Vs Jesse debate again :eek::confused:

If Alain does play, that would be very cool indeed. Anyone care to email Boz to see.....???? :guitar::guitar::guitar:

If Alain were still in the live band, people would be slagging him off just as much as Jesse.

Sorry but it's true. Very hypocritical.

If Alain were still in the live band, people would be slagging him off just as much as Jesse.

Sorry but it's true. Very hypocritical.

I'd have to disagree with this. The general consensus is that he's better than jesse. Just sayin' :rolleyes: :p

And i'm part of that consensus, bring our boy back! Actually, here's what i say we do -- take boz off of rhythmic guitar parts and put BOZ & ALAIN on lead, moving jesse to rhythm/acoustic. :cool:

I just remember a hell of a lot of posts slagging off Alain when he was in the band that's all. And when Jesse first came on board the majority view was that he'd injected new life and kicked the band into touch.

I think the constant harping over Alain is just nostalgia. People wanting what they didn't want when they actually had it.

My view is that the band today is in a different class to the band we had when Alain was part of it.

That doesn't mean I don't think Alain is by far the best writer though.

Talk about mixed emotions! On the one hand, it would be awesome if he rejoined the band. On the other, I'd be upset that I couldn't be there to witness it. Then again, there's always YouTube. :)

Back
Top Bottom