HURTS - Happiness (debut album, September 2010)

dizzywhore_1804

A big-nose who knows...
hurtsalbumartwork.jpg

Confirmed tracklist:

1. Silver Lining
2. Wonderful Life
3. Blood, Tears & Gold
4. Sunday
5. Stay
6. Illuminated
7. Evelyn
8. Better Than Love
9. Devotion
10. Unspoken
11. The Water

Odd that the album title is that of a leaked song that doesn't seem to be on the album. Weird.

Love the cover though, very PSB. Will look great in shops (should anyone choose to stock it) - here's hoping for a 12".

I found all but 5 of those tracks searching the net. Have any of these leaked:

4. Sunday
5. Stay
7. Evelyn
9. Devotion
11. The Water

And Happiness....was that only ever done live?

The official video. Love how it calls back the original video.

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIJXqOvXb1A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PIJXqOvXb1A&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/url][/youtube]

I hoped for a thread like this. I'm quite obsessed with Hurts at the moment. I can't wait for their album.

It's released earlier in Germany. One week, I think.

"Better than love" has the perfect video I've ever seen! I love ballett. And the other people. All ther videos are very nice. But I prefer the old version of "Wonderful live".

Thanks for the download, btw!

Anyone going to their Hamburg concert?

I had the great fortune to see them on the first night of the NME Radar tour at King Tut's in Glasgow at the end of April. My daughter is living in Glasgow and while visiting her she picked up tickets for the show...thank goodness!
I'd never heard of them before that night. They totally blew me away, incredible show. HURTS are the real deal.
To show my age, I wasn't that excited seeing a new band since I saw Roxy Music's first tour in Detroit for their first LP.
If you get a chance you must see HURTS live. The use of a 'live' drummer is incredible, just drives the songs beautifully and with power. Every song in their set is a hit, no weak material at all.
There are some UK MTV (I think) videos that are well done.

Hurts are Theo Hutchcraft (vocals) and Adam Anderson (guitars, synths), who met while their mates were brawling outside a club. After ditching previous incarnations that they felt were out of control, the Manchester-based duo retreated to Germany & Italy where they perfected their own take on Disco Lento (mainstream pop with a dark undertone). Motivated by the first song they wrote together, 'Wonderful Life', Theo & Adam created their own video for the song and posted on YouTube, which quickly because a calling card for the band. The band also signed with legendary songwriter Biff Stannard's (Spice Girls, Kylie Minogue, Marina and the Diamonds) first label imprint Major Label, after they sent him an email online telling him about their own favourite Kylie song, with Biff overseeing A&R on the album. Their debut album features the singles 'Wonderful Life' & 'Better Than Love' and includes a guest appearance by KYLIE MINOGUE on 'Devotion'.

Hurts Discography
Hurts Lyrics

:guitar:

they did the german morning show today and did a acoustic version

edit:they also did an interview an hour earlier but that wasnt uploaded

Last edited by a moderator:
The debut CD will be released next Friday, 27th August here in Germany.

The single 'Wonderful Life' in Germany has already been released containing two versions (Album Cut / Arthur Baker Remix) of that song. The UK version, tba. next Monday 23rd August, will contain 'Wonderful Life' and an unreleased non-album track called 'Affair'.

Last edited:
The debuet CD will be released next Friday, 27th August here in Germany.

The single 'Wonderful Life' in Germany has already been released containing two versions (Album Cut / Arthur Baker Remix) of that song. The UK version, tba. next Monday 23rd August, will contain 'Wonderful Life' and an unreleased non-album track called 'Arrival'.

im surpridsed of the level of marketing of this band here in germany..some popel on another forum even spoke about that the song runs repeately in the most mainstram-radio programms even before they charted.

Well, 'Wonderful Life' charted at #2 in Germany, Rolling Stone will promote the tour and the CD can be pre-ordered for less than € 10 - it seems that extensive marketing does pay off (has there ever been equal marketing in Germany for Morrissey - by any recond company he was signed to?)

Last edited:
Well, 'Wonderful Life' charted at #2 in Germany, Rolling Stone will promote the tour and the CD can be pre-ordered for less than € 10 - it seems that extensive marting does pay off (has there ever been equal marketing in Germany for Morrissey - by any recond company he was signed to?)
they certainly did a quite intense job..
moz ..well i wouldnt say he was really marketed very well. here.. he appears in music mags and for a few years also in the feullitons of newspapers but has never done any tv show as a solo artist. well during the befginnings of smiths he did rockpalast and farin urlaub of ,as you know super highly popular band die ärzte did namedropped the smiths in "SUMISU" -for that reason i guess the smiths are more familiar to the people than morrissey(i got the convo very often..morrissey who -mybe you mean morrisette??no- he was the singer of the smiths! ahhh, okay :D)
#may i add the smiths rockpalast have very rarely been repeated so he isnt really present.? could you imagine him doing the morning show?
tht paris was played not only in the indie prefered "radio eins" but also on mainstreamprograms(but of course not on repeated service)
was quite a surprise but beside that didnt it only happen with the quarry that his singles were marketed a bit on radio? it still seems more of a cult following from my point of view compared to the US and UK but maybe through the namedropping of younger bands like fall out boy, the killers and from germany tomte or vjs like markus kavka people become more aware of him

i think that he did 4 german interviews in 2009 def helped pushing YOR on number 4!
surprising though no british one in 2009 and and only 2 american interviews

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom