Hull, England - Hull Arena (Sep. 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Oboe Concerto / Meat Is Murder / Smiler With Knife / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I Will See You In Far-Off Places // What She Said

setlist provided by lutewinebemine.

Last edited:
Did Smiler With Knife have the extended piano intro?

Now that is one of the most depressing photos I have witnessed. That is a true warehouse. Is that one of those factories that Morrissey always likes to pretend he worked in from his "poor" upbringing. I can't believe he plays those places outside of America is the world.

I guess the obvious question is....where is Hole?

What do all the Brit people do when he shits on the queen and the royals? Do all the Brits say "yeah 4fook the queen and her hillbilly redneck offspring!" I am thinking he would be afraid of being assassinated by the Orange Order.

Will you gay f***ers stop with this Damon shit e. Look at Jake now. He's married to a WOMAN and has kids and lives in the Midwest. Supposedly Jake was butt f***ing him too and look at the truth. I don't know how Nancy puts up with this 4fooking bull ox.

AztecCamera-London
Morrissey worked at Costco?

I cannot attend any of the ahem final UK dates due to a variety of reasons but with remarkabke foresight I suggested that for these ticket prices Moz really needed to shake up the setlist or at least introduce dancing dwarves dressed as drumming boys and/ or bite the heads off chickens during Meat Is Murder.

The man who bored his audience so much they turned their back on him. The wizard of Moz tried every trick in the book to fleece his fans he even stooped so low as to telling them he had cancer. Such a song and dance was made about meat free performances 'at the artists request' only to find cheese, meat and sushi still on the menu and Silly Steven residing in 5* luxurious Michelin meat hotels. Oh we had it all ! Harvest-gate, cheese-gate, cancer-gate, hotel-gate, Glastonbury-gate and now UK performance-gate. It's never Steven's fault though, the blame always lies with the usual suspects, the music industry, the royal family, the government, the fans.
Only two more shows to go folks and then that's it ! No more of this pathetic fool ! No more you poor little fool !

Could the last person out please switch the light off ? Thanks.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Yes and if he wants everyone to be meat free why is it a "Cause" he collects accolades for even when he is being a hypocrite?That seems like a form of exploitation of the pain of other living beings.Otherwise , why is a HUMAN collecting awards for it ?There are plenty of people who are vegan or vegetarian who are not looking for awards or honorable mention they do it because they really care.Is it not obvious to some people that even the ridiculous comments he posts are very immature and seem like a form of abuse to his fans? Finds it irritating.Also, if Damon really is his partner why not just say it? Instead , the way he appears like a little lost dog following him around .It's hard to even watch really.It seems like everything has to be about Morrissey.He acts like a child who demands too much attention. It's hard to believe in him anymore.Why do people need to be informed of his tour woes? Why is it such a big deal to see him anyhow?It's not like his set list change dramatically and he has been wearing those dumb shirts for years.If he was such an artist and thinks he is so much better than other people you would think he would embrace switching it up a little bit .It really is BORING. Seems like a way to just collect more of people's money o he can continue to stay in the nice hotels with his manservant who he treats like his little bitch. I have lost major respect for Morrissey. I wis he had more brain cells.

I had a group of 3 or 4 lads behind me who were voicing their displeasure that he wasn't playing "ones we know" loudly during songs. Fine, be miserable, but why spoil it for people who ARE enjoying it?

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that Moz allegedly told the venue to shut the bar in the venue before he came on, leaving only the one upstairs in the foyer open with resulting queues of 30 minutes for a drink.........

This definitely wasn't the case at the shows I attended this summer in the States. What show did you observe this at?
We here at So-Low are largely die-hard fans, who know just about every song Morrissey has ever recorded. And we follow tours pretty closely. But, we also make up about 10% of the people who buy a ticket to a show.

Here is what the other 90% think about this setlist:

Suedehead YAY!
Alma Matters I think I know this one
Speedway Sweet!
Ganglord Ummmm?
Staircase At The University Cool song.
Kiss Me A Lot Okay song. What's next?
World Peace Is None Of Your Business I think I need a beer
Istanbul Okay song. What's next?
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris I've heard this song before
The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores What album is is this from?
Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed Huh?
I'm Not A Man Sounds okay I guess. A few clumsy lyrics.
The Bullfighter Dies An upbeat pop song that sounds vaguely like classic Moz
Yes, I Am Blind Of all the songs on Bona Drag, you pick this one?
Oboe Concerto Huh?
Meat Is Murder Gross.
Smiler With Knife Huh?
Everyday Is Like Sunday YAY!
I Will See You In Far-Off Places I think I heard this song once. What album?
What She Said This is a Smiths song right??? Are we into the second set now? Oh no. I guess it's over.

Again, these are comments from not those who frequent this site, but rather the other 90+% that make up his audience.

So, put yourself in their shoes - would you shell out 75 pounds/120 dollars to see this show again when it rolls through your area again in 8-18 months?

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that Moz allegedly told the venue to shut the bar in the venue before he came on, leaving only the one upstairs in the foyer open with resulting queues of 30 minutes for a drink.........

I wonder if this was to stop people wondering off to the bar during 'Meat is Murder'?

I'm from Hull and saw him when he played at Hull Arena last, think it was around 2007/2008. The sound was a lot better this time round although I thought the set list was very self indulgent. The amount of classics he's got in his back catalogue and he seemed to only play a few. A lot of them were from his most previous albums which admittedly I haven't got them all. Unless your die hard fans I think you'd be a bit dissapointed by his set list last night and the fact he only did one encore. Can't understand why the bar was shit at the back and you had to get a drink from upstairs resulting in queuing for 15 mins and missing part of the gig! That said he's still a living Legend and he played in my home town (one of only 2 gigs!) and if to be believed after the London Shows could be his last! Wondered if anyone knew how to get one of his t-shirts I never saw the merc stall and would like to get one. Have rang the Arena but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Peace ✌

I'm from Hull and saw him when he played at Hull Arena last, think it was around 2007/2008. The sound was a lot better this time round although I thought the set list was very self indulgent. The amount of classics he's got in his back catalogue and he seemed to only play a few. A lot of them were from his most previous albums which admittedly I haven't got them all. Unless your die hard fans I think you'd be a bit dissapointed by his set list last night and the fact he only did one encore. Can't understand why the bar was shit at the back and you had to get a drink from upstairs resulting in queuing for 15 mins and missing part of the gig! That said he's still a living Legend and he played in my home town (one of only 2 gigs!) and if to be believed after the London Shows could be his last! Wondered if anyone knew how to get one of his t-shirts I never saw the merc stall and would like to get one. Have rang the Arena but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Peace ✌

you must go to the pop up store. so far the only merch bought has been mostly the vinyls and that by the band members wearing obvious disguises. boz bought the bulk of the vinyl, going off with 17.
there have been hardly any activity there so we would appreciate if you could stop by your last opportunity to buy moz merch in person in the uk
they have the tshirt with the cat on moz head. they would like to sell at least one.

http://uk.mporium.org/

Agree with the setlist analysis, I enjoyed it and know how highly he rates the recent albums but to the casuals there is very little for them to recognise.

This definitely wasn't the case at the shows I attended this summer in the States. What show did you observe this at?

New York, Philadelphia, New Orleans.... The setlist varied somewhat but overall I feel the point is valid. The energy level in the room drops from a 10 for the first two or three songs to about a 4 for much of the rest of the show.

The people behind me had (judging by the smell...) chicken kievs prior to the show.

Their breath created a dense stinking fug, I still managed to enjoy the Moz though.

This was mentioned quite a bit on Twitter that night. Why would Morrissey make this request? Seems weird if true.

This was mentioned quite a bit on Twitter that night. Why would Morrissey make this request? Seems weird if true.

it seems pretty obvious with the tiny size of the venue. he wold be doing world peace and the queu line would be up to the stage.

Must have been a cracking performance by Steven and the Lawnmowers in Hull last night ! We have been inundated with post performance comments.

As far as I know, he's a Hairdresser on Fire on the Payroll. With my knowledge of Morrissey lyrics, I understand that Moz believes a haircut can psychologically save him, which tells me that Damon is important.

#GoVegan

What's the deal with that guy Damon? I'm obviously out of the loop...

you must go to the pop up store. so far the only merch bought has been mostly the vinyls and that by the band members wearing obvious disguises. boz bought the bulk of the vinyl, going off with 17.
there have been hardly any activity there so we would appreciate if you could stop by your last opportunity to buy moz merch in person in the uk
they have the tshirt with the cat on moz head. they would like to sell at least one.

Hi cheers for your reply. I can't make any more of the UK gigs. Where will the Pop up store be? Iv been on the emporium site but I'm looking for the Hull Arena Morrissey tee if you have any ideas. Cheers

Must have been a cracking performance by Steven and the Lawnmowers in Hull last night ! We have been inundated with post performance comments.

Maybe they are not all freakish internet trolls?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom