How's your summer going?

Fan-f***ing-tastic.

2 months off work, fully paid. Just back from 10 days in the South of France where the weather was magnificent. Regular nights out boozing. And moving house next week.

Lovely.

Something tells me you're a teacher.

Something tells me you're a teacher.

privacy-is-not-a-crimel.gif

I've just read that August in the UK the average temp is gonna be 90 degrees!:tears:looks like i will be going to the beach It's only 1/4 a mile:)) just for a sea breeze.

My June was absolutely nutso, but July's been nice...cruise control now. :)

I've seen more family in the last two months...people I haven't seen in over 2 years like my brother, my step-sis & family and my brother-in- law & family. My MiL and Sis-in-Law were here last weekend, plus my Mom is often here as is a good friend every few days. I won't complain that my house has too many visitors. :sweet:

I've just read that August in the UK the average temp is gonna be 90 degrees!:tears:looks like i will be going to the beach It's only 1/4 a mile:)) just for a sea breeze.

Which shite newspaper did you reads that in?:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Alright, I'm doing the most nothing I'll get to do for the next two years :p indulging in a velvet underground obsession... I've hardly been out of the house in about a week though.

really well thanks!

been to a festival, got another one in a couple of weeks. been out dancing in a field all night. been to a fab wedding. seen morrissey at brixton.

and there's still more fun to come.

Moderately depressing - the complete lack of money from three years of studenting plus the need for savings for September's further year of studenting (with no loan) mean that I'm spending at least 5 days a week working in a job that I hate, while not being able to afford to do much in my spare time.
So, I'm hardly seeing my friends, am apprehensive about my upcoming birthday and the weather is often shite.
Oh, and I might catch swine flu. Yay!

Moderately depressing - the complete lack of money from three years of studenting plus the need for savings for September's further year of studenting (with no loan) mean that I'm spending at least 5 days a week working in a job that I hate, while not being able to afford to do much in my spare time.
So, I'm hardly seeing my friends, am apprehensive about my upcoming birthday and the weather is often shite.
Oh, and I might catch swine flu. Yay!

Can't you get student finance to do a fourth year? :eek: Well, I'm fecked if that's the case :(

i'm leaving for a festival where i'm going to camp on for a week on tuesday and yesterday I fell down a flight of stairs, today I hurt all over, i'm all black and yeah... it's been a stupid summer.

some things have been good... yarmouth mozzy, the killers, troxy, brixton.
My job is driving me mad!
I don't know, really. I feel in limbo.

I'm sure you can if you're on a four-year course. Mine, however, was a three-year BA - in September I'm starting a one-year postgraduate journalism course, and you can't get a student loan for postgraduate study.

You can, because I did last year. It's probably worth your while calling up and speaking to someone.

You can, because I did last year. It's probably worth your while calling up and speaking to someone.

Really?! I know I could get a career development loan from a bank, but I've been told that student loans aren't available? I have savings that I'm planning to use, as sadly nobody is willing to pay you to study journalism in the same way that they're willing to pay you to study science.

Really?! I know I could get a career development loan from a bank, but I've been told that student loans aren't available? I have savings that I'm planning to use, as sadly nobody is willing to pay you to study journalism in the same way that they're willing to pay you to study science.

Yeah, it wasn't much but it was roughly enough to pay my rent for the year. I did a PGCE so they gave me money without asking too many questions, but I have friends who did other post-grad stuff and they got money for it. As long as the SLC are satisfied you can pay it back they'll give you money. Phone up and ask, won't do any harm.

Back
Top Bottom