Question How would you rate the Morrissey cover designs

I like it! The original Kill Uncle is my fave album cover. The pose is legendary. 2nd fave is Your Arsenal. And I've always loved the Southpaw cover. I like all his covers. Long live Morrissey.

Verso

Wow, looking at them all laid out like that makes you realize how bad most of them are. Kill Uncle is really the only iconic one. All the 12" sleeves are superior to the album covers, plus the Sunny single.

R

Raymonde

Kill Uncle is the best sleeve, but I’ve got a soft spot for Ringleader as well.

The worst: Low in High School, Southpaw Grammar and Beethoven Was Deaf. Another poor one is the World of Morrissey compilation.

A

Anonymous

'Low in High School' really must be one of the worst LP covers anywhere, by any artist. Even Moz taking a dump in the woods on the cover of 'Swords' is better.

GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn

Faves: Your Arsenal (arguably the best of them), Years Of Refusal, Bona Drag, World Peace and Viva Hate

Worst: Swords, original LIHS, California Son, original Maladjusted, Doggo

The rest are at least alright or good.

Ranking Doggo up there with Arse is really funny to me.

Whizz Kid

Compared to the artistic beauty of the Smiths covers, most of these are depressing. Especially considering the great Morrissey portraits that are out there. I mean, if you're going to use a 15-year old photo, why not get a great one? Do you suppose cost was an issue?

Tags
morrissey morrissey -solo
Top Bottom