"How to treat Morrissey? Stop listening to him" by Stewart Lee - The Guardian

Stewart Lee weighs in on Moz

How to treat Morrissey? Stop listening to him - The Guardian
By Stewart Lee
It’s hard when our idols disappoint us. But as it happened, my break from the former Smiths frontman came easily…

43445_david_foldvari_guardian.jpg

Illustration by David Foldvari.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thinks stewart lee is funny just type in stewart lee rod liddle joke,it is f***ing brutal but you get all these people who get a free ticket in the audience and feel they have to laugh,fake news hasn't got a thing on fake laughter.its s4 e5 migrants 8m36 in.

Sure it is, he can't give tickets away, that's why he just finished an 18 month tour averaging 900-1000 tickets a night.

Sure it is, he can't give tickets away, that's why he just finished an 18 month tour averaging 900-1000 tickets a night.
so did you think the rod liddle gag was funny,yes or no.

I officially declare Stewart Lee a moron. I'll never stop listening to Morrissey! He'd do anything for me. Lee, on the other hand, is a waste of space.

#iHeartMOZ

Who in F is Stewart Lee? Why doesnt the Guardina simply go and take 'opinions' at the mosque? I mean WTF Stewart Lee?:confused:

Morrissey stands up for animals, so Don't eat meat, f*** the people who support Dave Haslam, dirty old scumbag

The Guardian's journalists are probably the typical Morrissey audience. It follows that they're writing about him, critical or not. I'd wager there was a time when there were still more articles than every other paper yet they were positive.
Their, :rofl:

How is it possible to be so attached to some pop mythology that you can't separate the man from the music? I've never understood that - I wouldn't throw out my albums for anything and I've been disillusioned with Moz for a long, long time.

Several years ago I went to a Moz show in York. Being early and unfamiliar with the venue, I went to the wrong door but there were a few other fans there. Turned out they were a strange bunch of "uber-fans" waiting hours to see him enter the venue or catch a glimpse of the band. Do you have to be like that, stuck on his every word, obsessive - to feel some need to 'cut the cord' now? He's just a singer. Keep his stuff, don't keep his stuff. Life goes on.

The Guardian's journalists are probably the typical Morrissey audience. It follows that they're writing about him, critical or not. I'd wager there was a time when there were still more articles than every other paper yet they were positive.
I get that but its still weirdly lazy to publish over 8 comment pieces about him in the same paper over a short period of time. What do these editors do all day - sit there yawning anyone got another piece about Morrissey... obviously we are all obsessed about him on this forum but at least they should wait till something newsorthy happens.

Why are you asking this? I might write a 1,000 words for a blog about it if you're not careful.
well that was nicely deflected are you a politician.

I get that but its still weirdly lazy to publish over 8 comment pieces about him in the same paper over a short period of time. What do these editors do all day - sit there yawning anyone got another piece about Morrissey... obviously we are all obsessed about him on this forum but at least they should wait till something newsorthy happens.

I'd say on the day he had a cancelled concert in his hometown, this was a good time for an article.

In a sense, how many of those pieces were before he started mentioning the Guardian in every other comment though?

Dave Haslam must have his head shoved down a toilet, then it must be flushed, silly old fool, and he is a very old 60, he looks 70, silly dirty Jimmy Saville loving old fool, absolute tosser,

In a sense, how many of those pieces were before he started mentioning the Guardian in every other comment though?
A good point. These right-wing dingbats like to have a bogeyman, a target, a scapegoat, and it's that nasty, nasty, liberal lefty press. By the way, I noticed Julie Hamill was on Russia Today. Is that what they all do now? Take the Putin rouble?

Many people loves Woody Allen despite he abused her adopted daughter time ago and no for that they burn his films or write nasty articles about him everytime he makes a new film.
Michael Jackson was a weirdo accused of pedophile (apparently wrongly) and nobody told the fans you should destroy your record collection.
Damien Hirst has been chopping animals in the name of art.
There are lots of singers out there that sing and make videos misrepresenting women quite badly and nobody takes a vendetta on them.
Morrissey has a sharp tongue and a 'big mouth', but has he ever done anything to anyone? Really? I'm sure you can find artists of any media worse than him.

Maybe, it's a chicken and egg scenario...
I wonder if from the Guardian's point of view Moz could ever redeem himself and what he'd have to do. I think Moz loves all the publicity and winding them up. I do wonder though from point of view of these types of newspapers what his legacy will be.

A good point. These right-wing dingbats like to have a bogeyman, a target, a scapegoat, and it's that nasty, nasty, liberal lefty press. By the way, I noticed Julie Hamill was on Russia Today. Is that what they all do now? Take the Putin rouble?
Frankly, the kind of toadyimg that goes on in the uk to get a bribe is less scary to me than what’s more common in my country :o where most of the American rabid Russian loving right just do it cuz they think dictators are cool now :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom