"How to treat Morrissey? Stop listening to him" by Stewart Lee - The Guardian

Stewart Lee weighs in on Moz

How to treat Morrissey? Stop listening to him - The Guardian
By Stewart Lee
It’s hard when our idols disappoint us. But as it happened, my break from the former Smiths frontman came easily…

43445_david_foldvari_guardian.jpg

Illustration by David Foldvari.

Last edited by a moderator:
There did seem to be a few attempts at comedy at the beginning of the piece, but not in the bit about being a "centrist dad." It can't have been sarcastic, unless he isn't actually a dad and isn't actually writing an opinion piece bemoaning Morrissey's affront to his delicate political sensitivities. This is not a man with radical views. I just Google'd him. What a soft cherubic smiling face. He's a turd. But I'm glad he's getting out of the Morrissey fanclub. I don't want to share Morrissey with people like him anyway.

You’ve turned his comedic, obviously sarcastic self deprecating term, and made it into a Straw Man for your diatribe. What are you actually offering us by way of opinion? What do you add to the fray? I just see bland, mealy mouthed words.

Stewart Lee is a bit high brow for some of the morons on here. They're never going to get it.

Anyone who thinks stewart lee is funny just type in stewart lee rod liddle joke,it is f***ing brutal but you get all these people who get a free ticket in the audience and feel they have to laugh,fake news hasn't got a thing on fake laughter.its s4 e5 migrants 8m36 in.

If you don’t get Stewart Lee then you’re missing out. He is without doubt, the comedians comedian. He deconstructs, which for some is just too much to get their heads around.

All I read in that article is Stewart Lee has a difference of opinion to Morrissey. That's great and absolutely normal.
Luckily for me I was never a Morrissey fan who hung on his every word right from the start.

Falling out of love with bands, singers etc is something that has happened to all of us at some point in their lives.

What I don't understand is people with their own personal agendas who profess a hatred for Morrissey yet unable to leave this site. Strange.
its like a drug to these people,they will be here as long as they can lift a finger onto a keyboard,all in the hope of being proved right.its the wives who suffer,the sex is non existant as they are on here through the night some of them.

A response from Fiona:

And 'trending' as a result of the OP link probably:

20180708_162331.jpg

Edit: currently risen to #15 on trending.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
For a Journalist/Writer, that Fiona Dodwell has really pulled out all the stops in that, almost Shakespearean response. f*** me she comes across as juvenile.

If you don’t get Stewart Lee then you’re missing out. He is without doubt, the comedians comedian. He deconstructs, which for some is just too much to get their heads around.

I'm not familiar with his comedy, but I know what deconstruction is. This piece is not that.

Who in F is Stewart Lee? Why doesnt the Guardina simply go and take 'opinions' at the mosque? I mean WTF Stewart Lee?:confused:

Well, it's obvious someone is paying for this hate campaign, designed to follow the best tradition of stoning people alive. They have the management of the funds of a huge city. Do you imagine they will not do something like that if they actually can? Morrissey was sentenced, The Guardian is just the tool. Cherchez l'argent.

Well, it's obvious someone is paying for this hate campaign, designed to follow the best tradition of stoning people alive. They have the management of the funds of a huge city. Do you imagine they will not do something like that if they actually can? Morrissey was sentenced, The Guardian is just the tool. Cherchez l'argent.

Seriously? Are you sure that your tin-foil hat isn't restricting the blood flow to your brain? The Guardian has a long and proud tradition of not having a lot of time for far-right whackjobs. And the notion that Stewart Lee would be happy to have the contents of his column dictated to him is just hilarious.

Why can't you just accept that quite a lot of people who previously liked Morrissey are now sick to the back teeth of his support for right-wing nutters, and his ongoing racism?

I don't care how much of an asshole Morrissey has become. I'm not binning The Queen is Dead or even Your Arsenal. f*** that. But I won't pay to see him live again, and I won't buy his tuneless and witless new albums.

Seriously? Are you sure that your tin-foil hat isn't restricting the blood flow to your brain? The Guardian has a long and proud tradition of not having a lot of time for far-right whackjobs. And the notion that Stewart Lee would be happy to have the contents of his column dictated to him is just hilarious.

Why can't you just accept that quite a lot of people who previously liked Morrissey are now sick to the back teeth of his support for right-wing nutters, and his ongoing racism?

I don't like social bullying or public harassment. I don't like people stoned and ashamed for their views. I don't like military tactics disguised as religions because things like this will be more and more frequent in formerly western and civilized places of the world. I don't like these methods because I know the fools who justify them will regret their stupidity in the future, when it will be too late for tears.

I'm actually a fan of Mr Lee, seen him live a few times, even met him briefly. But I'm confused by this desire by all these C level celebs to write a hit piece on Morrissey lately, like they're exercising some demon, it's like a public intervention. Wagging their self righteous finger... It's getting nauseating now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom