How Tim Jonze works

Helen Bach

We all know ex NME scribbler Tim Jonze is a little shit.
He is now shockingly trusted as Editor of Guardian music.
Here is an example of how he works, taken from Twitter.
For the non UK readers, John Prescott is a British politician, was Deputy to Tony Blair when he was Prime Minister. Not noted for his opinions on music.

johnprescott
Just caught singer called Rumer on BBC2 with Jools Holland. Quite remarkable voice and song. Sounded like Karen Carpenter singing Bacharach

timjonze
@johnprescott - want to write a blog post for the Guardian music site on Rumer/Karen carpenter?

johnprescott
@timjonze - Alright. I'll have a go

Trebles all round!!

For the non UK readers, John Prescott is a British politician, was Deputy to Tony Blair when he was Prime Minister. Not noted for his opinions on music.

johnprescott
Just caught singer called Rumer on BBC2 with Jools Holland. Quite remarkable voice and song. Sounded like Karen Carpenter singing Bacharach

timjonze
@johnprescott - want to write a blog post for the Guardian music site on Rumer/Karen carpenter?

johnprescott

Trebles all round!!

So...Tim Jonze's father bought the NME, and now he's purchased the Guardian, too? Surely Mr. Jonze can find a better charity to support than his son.

Honestly, Tim Jonze is such a bonehead it's like something out of Evelyn Waugh's classic novel "Scoop". Right now there's another Tim Jonze doing brilliant work reporting in Darfur, waiting for his plane ticket to arrive from the Guardian's accounts offices, wondering what the hold-up is.

johnprescott

timjonze

johnprescott

Trebles all round!!

I like this. Stylish, swish, and a childlike naivete. Which just happens to land certain singers in the shit.

P.

By calling it a 'blog' and publishing it online they don't have to commission and pay for a real journalist.
This is the modern, cheapskate, cut-price world of publishing.
The resulting 'celebrity' article may be well-written and interesting, but the method and principle is bad.
Principles - remember those John?

Nobody seems to care anyway so here's the article. I'll just continue complaining to myself as the world decays.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2010/sep/22/john-prescott-rumer-karen-carpenter

So...Tim Jonze's father bought the NME, and now he's purchased the Guardian, too? Surely Mr. Jonze can find a better charity to support than his son.

Honestly, Tim Jonze is such a bonehead it's like something out of Evelyn Waugh's classic novel "Scoop". Right now there's another Tim Jonze doing brilliant work reporting in Darfur, waiting for his plane ticket to arrive from the Guardian's accounts offices, wondering what the hold-up is.

The one in Darfur is known by his birth name: Tim Jones. Great book by the way, just re-read it on my holidays.

Did Tim (the GU one) commission the Alan McGee blogs. Now they were proper rubbish. Beyond parody. The one where he lavished praise on Jon Bon Jovi is still one of the most memorable pieces of tripe I've ever read

Back
Top Bottom