How The Mighty Have Fallen

No, your right.........

MORRISSEY, YOU WERE RIGHT TO THROW HIM OUT, THE WAY YOU HELD YOUR MICROPHONE IS THE BEST WAY I HAVE EVER SEEN ANYONE HOLD A MIC BEFORE, AND THE BANTER BETWEEN SONGS WAS THE ULTIMATE, ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE SONGS THEMSELVES. YOUR MANY RACIST SPEECHES ARE REFRESHING AND WELCOME. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY DETOUR UP MY OWN ARSE WHICH SO OBVIOUSLY CLOUDED MY VISION AND MEANT I COULD NOT SEE HOW UTTERLY BRILLIANT YOUR EVERY SONG, YOUR EVERY ACTION, AND YOUR EVERY UTTERENCE TRULY ARE

Well at last we can agree on something OurPhranc. I can see now that your motivation to join this site wasn't simply to slag off Morrissey and that you have some genuine allegiance to the great man.

No, your right.........

MORRISSEY, YOU WERE RIGHT TO THROW HIM OUT, THE WAY YOU HELD YOUR MICROPHONE IS THE BEST WAY I HAVE EVER SEEN ANYONE HOLD A MIC BEFORE, AND THE BANTER BETWEEN SONGS WAS THE ULTIMATE, ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE SONGS THEMSELVES. YOUR MANY RACIST SPEECHES ARE REFRESHING AND WELCOME. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY DETOUR UP MY OWN ARSE WHICH SO OBVIOUSLY CLOUDED MY VISION AND MEANT I COULD NOT SEE HOW UTTERLY BRILLIANT YOUR EVERY SONG, YOUR EVERY ACTION, AND YOUR EVERY UTTERENCE TRULY ARE

it seems in every generation there is a percentage who get him and love him for it
and then there is a percentage of them where that love becomes devotion
and then that love is spurned
and they lash out and shout and stamp their feet
and then they forgive him
and then they remember there was nothing to forgive
soom enough the next generation comes ago
and they brag about how they were there first - before the bandwagon

soon Phrac you will forgive him when you remember

Same old same old

Hows about you post this in one of the other wall of threads cluttering up this forum?
This post didn't need its own thread this has been said about a thousand times before...

It's time now everyone started getting past this, it honestly wasn't THAT shocking, sure dissapointing in some peoples eyes, but come on.

Morrissey is not a musician (as he himself has pointed out) so he can’t become ‘musically bankrupt’. Other people compose the music for him and play the instruments. He writes the words, and sings the songs. If his songs appear musically bankrupt, have a moan at the people who composed them. .. He doesn’t have a record deal because the industry goalposts have moved. 10 years ago, you needed to be able to sell 50,000 to 100,000 to secure a deal - well within his grasp. Now you need to be able to shift three times that amount.

Oh come on, HE is the one in charge of his output,no one else. Also,doesn't he provide the melodies for his lyrics ( i don't mean the musical backing)?

And to say that to get a record deal you need to "shift" 150,000-300,000 sales is patently not the case. There are many artists with deals selling far less.

No, am a new member who's attention the site and story was drawn following a comment made about it on a Marc Almond message board (my other great musical love). And yes, I do find it pathetic that a grown man who preaches freedom of speech and expression can get so uptight when someone - or a whole host of people - voice opinions that he doesn't like. It's sad that someone who supposedly stood against all thar false back slapping and disingenuosity is now the greatest exponent of the art.

Maybe I was wrong, but I thought this was a forum for fans to express an opinion rather than a blind cult rejoicing in the musical genius and lyrical wit of a Morrissey sneeze. In my opinion - and that is all it is - the mystique around the man is slipping, and the persona is cracking, and what is being revealed is not very nice.

For those interested, the aforementioned Marc board (where Marc has been known to linger, and get his knickers in a twist over comments left there, and has been 'chastised' by yours truly for doing so) is here.......

http://joeydemento.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=chat&action=display&thread=1542

How do you know that's the reason? He didn't throw out everyone who's ever said anything negative about him on here, only David T. Don't you think that speaks volumes? I seriously don't think it was meant to be a slight against the fanbase as a whole at all. I'm not saying that sycophantically at all- in fact I have said that the situation could have been dealt with better and that the whole thing is rather petty- just trying to chew over his motivations a bit before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
A new poster, and a long term fan of Morrissey, but to be honest, I am shocked and disappointed by the news of him having fans thrown out of concerts.

As a Smith, alongside Marc Almond, Mozz was the soundtrack to my adolescence - hell, I even went vegetarian because of these two - and I loved him. Every word, every interview, every song..........

The Smiths split, and sadly, he has gone down in musical output since then. Originally, he was still fabulous copy, and his interviews were essential reading, his wit and phrasing were still legendary. But the music was slipping. VH was an okay album, with some good tracks on, but probably only a couple would have made a Smiths album. But the B sides were still quality, and the star still shone brightly.

But then came Kill Uncle. Shocker. Poor at very best. And, as the artistic cracks started to show, then the personal cracks started to show too. The racism started to leak out, and a not very nice side to Mozz was on display for us all to revile.

It's Moz, not Mozz. And he has released quite a few albums since Kill Uncle, you know...

It's Moz, not Mozz. And he has released quite a few albums since Kill Uncle, you know...

Sure!

1990 - Bona Drag (a compilation of old singles)
1995 - World of Morrissey (best of)
1997 - Suedehead: The Best of Morrissey
1998 - My Early Burglary Years (best of)
2000 - The CD-singles 88-91 (a compilation of old singles, again)
2000 - The CD-singles 91-95 (a compilation of old sin.. CRAP)
2001 - The Best o Morrissey
2008 - Greatest Hits
2009 - The HMV/Parlophone Singles
2009 - Swords (a complation of outtakes, b-side... and c-sides)
2011 - Very Best of Morrissey.

This is shocking. But we haven´t seen much yet..

2012 - The Crap of Morrissey
2013 - The Hits of Morrissey, Instrumental
2014 - The Greatest Hits feat Crazy Frog
2015 - The Best of Morrissey... Backwards
2016 - Another bunch of extremley poor song (the best of the 2000)
2017 - This is even worse the the last compilation (the best of the 2010)
2018 - The Very Best of Morrissey (re-issue of 2011´s the Very Best of Morrissey)
2019 - The Very Best of Morrissey (re-masterd re-issue of 2018´s re-issue of 2011´s the Very Best of Morrissey)

Etc. etc.

----------

World Tour - Media whore. Please the press in Belgium. This was you life.

Bona Drag was a compilation of singles and b-sides. World of Morrissey wasn't a best of. My Early Burglary Years wasn't a best of. You also missed Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I etc, etc, etc.

Bona Drag was a compilation of singles and b-sides. World of Morrissey wasn't a best of. My Early Burglary Years wasn't a best of. You also missed Your Arsenal, Vauxhall and I etc, etc, etc.

And you´ve seemed to missed the distinction of an "proper" album and an album that sums up stuff that´s already been released. Actually, you´ve seemed missed a lot of things.

A new poster, and a long term fan of Morrissey, but to be honest, I am shocked and disappointed by the news of him having fans thrown out of concerts.

As a Smith, alongside Marc Almond, Mozz was the soundtrack to my adolescence - hell, I even went vegetarian because of these two - and I loved him. Every word, every interview, every song..........

The Smiths split, and sadly, he has gone down in musical output since then. Originally, he was still fabulous copy, and his interviews were essential reading, his wit and phrasing were still legendary. But the music was slipping. VH was an okay album, with some good tracks on, but probably only a couple would have made a Smiths album. But the B sides were still quality, and the star still shone brightly.

But then came Kill Uncle. Shocker. Poor at very best. And, as the artistic cracks started to show, then the personal cracks started to show too. The racism started to leak out, and a not very nice side to Mozz was on display for us all to revile.

And sadly, that seems to be the pattern with Mozz. As he becomes more musically bankrupt, he becomes more morally bankrupt also. Almost because he realises his musical output is never better than fair to middling, and it's either a panic or a smokescreen that he tries to erect to hide the musical frailties. Of which, sadly, there are many.

The fact that record companies are not falling over themselves to offer him a new deal speaks absolute volumes. They obviously don't want to release an album of songs everyone has bought before sporting different titles singing about the same themes and subjects and with the same musical backing as he has for the last 10 years. Mozz as a relevant artist is dead. The queen is dead, long live the queen.

And, the number of Mozz disciples is shrinking. Quickly. It's over for him now. And, although he probably doesn't want to admit it, deep down he must know it. But, because he will refuse to accept it (publicly at least) this outlandish and oafish behaviour will carry on, probably plumbing deeper depths than even we dare to imagine.

Stephen Patrick Morrissey, I loved you. I still have all your albums and the countless re-issues, and I still play the Smiths albums regularly. You wrote my musical early life. Please, don't compact the damage you have already done to what could have been a flawless musical legacy by continuing to release the same drivel. Please don't taint that Godlike status we all hold you in by becoming a bitter and twisted sad old singer with such crazy acts towards your devoted fans.

Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

But the song that you just sang
It sounds exactly like the last one
And the next one
I bet you it will sound
Like this one

As Marc Almond once sang, 'All Gods fall in the end'. Please, before you become the charicature you once mocked................

What a pathetic, dramatic post.......eat shit!

"Stephen Patrick Morrissey, I loved you. I still have all your albums and the countless re-issues, and I still play the Smiths albums regularly. You wrote my musical early life. Please, don't compact the damage you have already done to what could have been a flawless musical legacy by continuing to release the same drivel. Please don't taint that Godlike status we all hold you in by becoming a bitter and twisted sad old singer with such crazy acts towards your devoted fans."

I am pissing myself laughing!!! Some people on SoLow are about as intelligent as maggots.

And to say that to get a record deal you need to "shift" 150,000-300,000 sales is patently not the case. There are many artists with deals selling far less.

Oh dear - haven't we done this topic to death? To recap...
Yes, of course you can get an album out for sales of fewer than 150,000.
Many of Morrissey's 1980s peers (e.g. Paul Heaton, Bill Bragg and the Wedding Present) sell pitiful amounts of albums - probably around 10,000-20,000 if they're lucky.
But all their albums go out on a self-funded or DIY basis, with tiny marketing budgets, no singles, no airplay etc. Who Ate Me Curry sold around 400,000 in the UK and, as far as Morrissey is concerned, that's what he feels he should be selling.
And it seems, he's only happy to sign to a record company which has that kind of clout.

Many of Morrissey's 1980s peers (e.g. Paul Heaton, Bill Bragg and the Wedding Present) sell pitiful amounts of albums - probably around 10,000-20,000 if they're lucky.
But all their albums go out on a self-funded or DIY basis, with tiny marketing budgets, no singles, no airplay etc. Who Ate Me Curry sold around 400,000 in the UK and, as far as Morrissey is concerned, that's what he feels he should be selling.
And it seems, he's only happy to sign to a record company which has that kind of clout.

I've just spent ten minutes googling who ate me curry to find out who released it, until it clicked, you silly bugger.

Morrissey's words, not mine, so he's the one you should be calling a silly bugger.
Actually, probably best not to do it from this website!

I've just spent ten minutes googling who ate me curry to find out who released it, until it clicked, you silly bugger.

You may have done,I haven't . Again it's nonsense to state that all his peers are self funded or DIY with their deals. And IF M feels he SHOULD be selling 400,000 then he is deluded and thinking far far too much about chart positions (Still,zzzzzz)
rather than his art.

And sadly, that seems to be the pattern with Mozz. As he becomes more musically bankrupt, he becomes more morally bankrupt also. Almost because he realises his musical output is never better than fair to middling, and it's either a panic or a smokescreen that he tries to erect to hide the musical frailties. Of which, sadly, there are many.

The fact that record companies are not falling over themselves to offer him a new deal speaks absolute volumes. They obviously don't want to release an album of songs everyone has bought before sporting different titles singing about the same themes and subjects and with the same musical backing as he has for the last 10 years. Mozz as a relevant artist is dead. The queen is dead, long live the queen.

And, the number of Mozz disciples is shrinking. Quickly. It's over for him now. And, although he probably doesn't want to admit it, deep down he must know it. But, because he will refuse to accept it (publicly at least) this outlandish and oafish behaviour will carry on, probably plumbing deeper depths than even we dare to imagine.

Stephen Patrick Morrissey, I loved you. I still have all your albums and the countless re-issues, and I still play the Smiths albums regularly. You wrote my musical early life. Please, don't compact the damage you have already done to what could have been a flawless musical legacy by continuing to release the same drivel. Please don't taint that Godlike status we all hold you in by becoming a bitter and twisted sad old singer with such crazy acts towards your devoted fans.

Oh, you silly old man
You silly old man
You're making a fool of yourself
So get off the stage

But the song that you just sang
It sounds exactly like the last one
And the next one
I bet you it will sound
Like this one

As Marc Almond once sang, 'All Gods fall in the end'. Please, before you become the charicature you once mocked................

OurPhranc... True. I agree 100%.

I feel so sorry for the old man. For having such a crappy band. For writing lyrics that holds nothing of interest anylonger. For composing bad songs. For touring with ANOTHER "best of"-album. For playing gigs to 2-3000 person (from which 50% are drunk and can´t wait for his to go off stage so the can go and buy a big bacon-n-cheese burger). For being a pale shadow of a once good entertainer.

This is NOT entertaining. Just painful.

And I feel sorry for him for becoming mentally instable... For throwing out fans of his shows. For cancelling gigs without any reason. For searching peoples pocket for meat (don´t you see how sick he is!). But most of all for him being a tired and stupid racsist sounding like the drunk NF-nuts. It is NOT ok to says that Chinese people are "second class people". Hitler used that argument as well, on the Jews. Remember?

Pathetic. And sad.

So now, after 27 years, it´s time to wave goodbye. Go home, Morrissey. And rest. And then go see a doctor how can subscribe you some really heavy tranqulizers.

Farewell. Sleep well. It´s over.

Morrissey's words, not mine, so he's the one you should be calling a silly bugger.
Actually, probably best not to do it from this website!

Really? I've never heard that before, definately not from him. Retract the silly bugger as you're right, wouldnt dare call him.

Oh, for f***s sake - what a ridiculous posting. First thing, Morrissey is not having ‘fans thrown out of concerts’. It was an individual who he once considered to be a friend who went on to publish extremely nasty rumours (which may or may not have been true) on the internet about Morrissey’s business dealings – on the same website that Morrissey praised in interviews and credited on one of his CDs. Yes, Morrissey has also benefited from the website over the years, but the idea that he just booted out a random fan from a concert is complete and utter bollocks.
Morrissey is not a musician (as he himself has pointed out) so he can’t become ‘musically bankrupt’. Other people compose the music for him and play the instruments. He writes the words, and sings the songs. If his songs appear musically bankrupt, have a moan at the people who composed them. If it’s the lyrics or singing you don’t like, by all means have a go at him.
The number of Morrissey’s disciples is shrinking? How about adding some figures to these ludicrously vague generalisations? The truth is Morrissey remains a massively important cultural force, easily the most influential UK singer from the last 30 years. The size of the fan-base fluctuates from year to year depending on factors such as hype, quality of singles, airplay, and the amount of time elapsed since previous album. The idea that his audience has followed an ever declining trajectory ever since the Smiths (or even ‘Vauxhall and I’) is absolute nonsense. His biggest selling album to date was released in 2004, 16 years after the Smiths, 10 years after Vauxhall. Each of the last three albums has received more critical acclaim than the previous one. His cultural clout is stronger than ever. Bands, films and novels are named after his songs, solo and Smith. The smallest incident gets reported on musical websites. He supports U2, probably the world’s biggest band, at the world’s most prestigious festival. He has tens of thousands singing along to his songs at Hop Farm. He doesn’t have a record deal because the industry goalposts have moved. 10 years ago, you needed to be able to sell 50,000 to 100,000 to secure a deal - well within his grasp. Now you need to be able to shift three times that amount.
As for quoting the lyrics to “Get off the Stage”, congratulations on the insight and originality.

You are defending a schizophrenic Nazi...

Back
Top Bottom