How tall is Johnny Marr?

I think he's about 4 feet 10 inches. In English that would be 3 stone.

b35202a7.jpg

Wow, thanks for that scan - fascinating.

I met Johnny once, and he was a couple of inches shorter than me, making him about 5'6" I reckon.

Interesting that Morrissey's height is given as 5'10" - no way. He has to be around 6'0". He towered over me anyway. I remember another bio thing like this that gave his height as 5'11.5", which seems more like it.

Andy's favourite food was steak?! That changed pretty quick.

Does anyone else think Joyce and Rourke looked awfully mature for 18/19-year-olds, which is what they were when the Smiths started?

An even more interesting question is whether or not that is Mike Joyce's height. If he's 5'11, and Moz is 5'10, then his track "It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small" must solely be a metaphorical meaning.

And no, I don't think that song was about "Spencuh".

They must have made Johnny stand on a pile of Freeman's catalogues for this shot! I'd estimate him as 5'5".

Mr Marr also has fascinatingly small feet.

Didn't Alain say that Moz is about 5'10" ?

Regarding Johnny, I'm sure I read somewhere that the rest of the band called him ET because he was so little. :)

I'm 5'7" and I got on stage and hugged Morrissey once and he was not that much taller than me. I'd say 5'10" is a pretty accurate guess. Definitely not less than that but if he's more than that it's only an 5'11".

And doesn't anyone care how tall Craig Gannon and Dale Hibbert are?

No?

Me neither.

I was only thinking, as I watched Hiz Mozness on stage at Grimsby, that his legs were proportionately shorter than I had previously imagined. Maybe he's danced them down to the knees over the years. :)

Johnny's uber-compactness probably just made Morrissey look tall by contrast, then.

Bear in mind that both chaps are in their forties and may well have shrunk a little by now. I think the gaps between the vertebrae lessen a bit or something as we age. I've lost half an inch already!

The Cat's Mother said:
Bear in mind that both chaps are in their forties and may well have shrunk a little by now. I think the gaps between the vertebrae lessen a bit or something as we age. I've lost half an inch already!

me too, but i think i got it back in my pecker, so...

Lol! I'd question where Shorty Marr keeps *his* hidden inches, but certain people we know might snit if we start talking about willies again!

poprenaissance said:
he's about 5'7". and a good drinker.

hes been sober for like 10 years now....

Back
Top Bottom