How Soon Is Now? @ Pittsburgh show

alma matters

I saw other people mention this in another thread, but I wanted it to have its own discussion (very bored at work...)

When this was played last night, the crowd went wild. It was by far the most popular song of the night. As I said in another post, the Pittsburgh crowd seemed to have alot of 40something Smiths fans in it, so I guess that might explain it a little bit...but nonethless..surely, if you go to a Moz show, you know more than just this one song, and can get psyched on some others, too.

Why? I realize it is their most "known" song, but it's definitely not their best! As far as Smiths songs go, I enjoyed "Death of a Disco Dancer" way more than HSIN. I usually skip it while listening to albums. It's just not that good to me. It was nice to see the crowd get into it, but it made me sad to see people looking bored and texting during "Seasick" which to me was another high light.

Maybe that's why it is still in the set after nearly 5 years, with the amount of less well known songs, b sides and so on that he sings he maybe feels there has to be something that everyone knows and will respond too. Personally I'm sick of hearing it and was never that keen on it in the first place but at Hyde Park last summer it seemed to get just about the best reception of the night.

I am sick of hearing it too, Its been non stop since Summer 2004. I would also like to see FOTGTD, IBEH and Let me Kiss you dropped from this set too as they have been done to death over the last few years.

Hopefully he will shake things up a bit in the uk as 12 songs in last nights set were played on last years UK tour

Bring back Speedway, Mute Witness, Suedehead and Satan Rejected my soul:D

I am sick of hearing it too, Its been non stop since Summer 2004. I would also like to see FOTGTD, IBEH and Let me Kiss you dropped from this set too as they have been done to death over the last few years.

Hopefully he will shake things up a bit in the uk as 12 songs in last nights set were played on last years UK tour

I couldn't agree more. I'm so sick of Let me Kiss You. It's a snooze to me. The crowd seems to appreciate IBEH and FOTGTD a good bit, but still. I would LOVE to hear the songs you mentioned.

Hell yes! Those four songs would be great!

It was in the tour forum and it got moved. Don't blame me, Don. Also, the set lists are not exactly kept secret. They're posted on the front page of solo, as well.

The set lists are no longer visible on the front page. You have to click on the story to see them.

The set lists are no longer visible on the front page. You have to click on the story to see them.

All right. But once again, I posted this in tour and it got moved. If you have an issue, please take it up with the mods. Once something is posted, they have control of where it winds up.

It's impossible to please everyone in here.
Just a song title won't spoil attending future US tour.

I moved this thread because it'll get more replies in general discussion.

I can't stand it. And I never thought I'd say this, but Let Me Kiss You bores the hell out of me too. Not to mention First of The Gang... Give that setlist a good shake-up, Moz! ;)

I can't stand it. And I never thought I'd say this, but Let Me Kiss You bores the hell out of me too. Not to mention First of The Gang... Give that setlist a good shake-up, Moz! ;)

HSIN? :eek: :crazy:

Let Me Kiss you: :thumb: (agree with you on that one)

FOTGTD: :guitar:

HSIN? :eek: :crazy:

Let Me Kiss you: :thumb: (agree with you on that one)

FOTGTD: :guitar:

Oh, you agree with me on one thing??? I can die a happy girl now. ;)

I'm very glad that Why don't you find out for yourself was brought in.

Most of you know me on here, but last night in Pittsburgh was my very first Morrissey show. Even having basically known the set list in advance by checking the current tour pages, it was still an incomparable experience. I've heard 'How Soon is Now' live multiple times from live bootlegs, but, as I'm sure many in attendance likewise could say, having only had this opportunity to see Morrissey live brought the song to us as we've never before heard. Those of you who have been to his shows before and have seen him many times will understand your first concert experience with him: seeing alone the man that you've listened to and sang along with for YEARS walk into the room where you are is nothing short of explosive. Thanks Mozzer; last night you saw this boy happy :)

Most of you know me on here, but last night in Pittsburgh was my very first Morrissey show. Even having basically known the set list in advance by checking the current tour pages, it was still an incomparable experience. I've heard 'How Soon is Now' live multiple times from live bootlegs, but, as I'm sure many in attendance likewise could say, having only had this opportunity to see Morrissey live brought the song to us as we've never before heard. Those of you who have been to his shows before and have seen him many times will understand your first concert experience with him: seeing alone the man that you've listened to and sang along with for YEARS walk into the room where you are is nothing short of explosive. Thanks Mozzer; last night you saw this boy happy :)
yay Im happy for you..!:thumb:
and I feel reminded when reading your story when I saw him live for the very first time in 2006.
the moment when he appears on the stage and the whole crowd going "oooooooohhhhhhhh..whhhooooooo" *goosebumps*
and everything that follows
i was in an state of mind after that concert which i can onyl decribe as "drug -like"
i have never taken lsd or ectasy but i did imagine it could be like that..well maybe a bit... :blushing:
even though i immensly enjoy his concerts that i saw afterwards but this exteme adrenaline only on the very first show
..so,,I hear you,sir!:)

Last edited:
sistasheila,
where did you find your avatar pic? can you send it to me?
posted in the FRINK thread first...whera lot rare/unseen pics can be found which havent found a way into the usual archives btw ;-)

Uploaded on the Morrissey Facebook page:

derek_ion.jpg

Photo by Derick Ion

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Morrissey/43717908341

tht derik has also done the single covers of the maladjusted era
but this one i havent seen before
..quite..uh...easy on the eye-shall we say....:blushing:

Last edited:
I saw other people mention this in another thread, but I wanted it to have its own discussion (very bored at work...)

When this was played last night, the crowd went wild. It was by far the most popular song of the night. As I said in another post, the Pittsburgh crowd seemed to have alot of 40something Smiths fans in it, so I guess that might explain it a little bit...but nonethless..surely, if you go to a Moz show, you know more than just this one song, and can get psyched on some others, too.

Why? I realize it is their most "known" song, but it's definitely not their best! As far as Smiths songs go, I enjoyed "Death of a Disco Dancer" way more than HSIN. I usually skip it while listening to albums. It's just not that good to me. It was nice to see the crowd get into it, but it made me sad to see people looking bored and texting during "Seasick" which to me was another high light.

Yeah. I enjoyed all the songs, but SO many people just grooved to TCM, HSIN, IBEH, and FOTGTD. It felt like The Smiths/Moz's greatest hits were the only ones getting much deserved love, sometimes.

Though, I must admit that I was BLOWN AWAY but the rendition of HSIN, I thought it was fantastic. But DOADD was INCREDIBLE too.

Back
Top Bottom