'How Soon is Now' new cover version in The Crown trailer?

Just noticed what seems to be a cover of 'How Soon is Now' playing in the new trailer for The Crown. Not a fan of the cliched 'Indie Waif Voice' style myself, but anyone know who this is? Is it new?

Solution
Update:
It's 'AG Ft. Dresage'.

20201031_105009.jpg

'AG' is also credited with producing a REM cover used on Grey's Anatomy.
Regards,
FWD.
Just noticed what seems to be a cover of 'How Soon is Now' playing in the new trailer for The Crown. Not a fan of the cliched 'Indie Waif Voice' style myself, but anyone know who this is? Is it new?

Jeez. This is an absolute pet hate. There is a surfeit of slowed-down 80's classics on adverts at the moment, all with wispy elfinesque vocals. Just f***ing stop it. It's shit.

Last edited:
Is it this? by Nauvy & Sauvane. sounds really good. Surprised to see Morrissey and Marr signed off to let the song appear on a show about the monarchy.
[edit: I think this is not the cover used in the trailer, but sounds similar. Maybe they commissioned a cover just for the trailer, because I can't find a cover like that one anywhere.]

Is it this? by Nauvy & Sauvane. sounds really good. Surprised to see Morrissey and Marr signed off to let the song appear on a show about the monarchy.
[edit: I think this is not the cover used in the trailer, but sounds similar. Maybe they commissioned a cover just for the trailer, because I can't find a cover like that one anywhere.]

That's fairly horrid. Now this on the other hand...

Don't think it's that.
Hans Zimmer's theme has featured throughout the series and he has links to Johnny.
The 4th season soundtrack will appear during its run - previous ones have featured Bowie and a host of others.
Would agree that some of the 'slower' covers can sound like a mildly sedated Dolores O'Riordan tribute.
Regards,
FWD.

this is f***ing ghastly, what ar eyou talking about? we wana r uin this iconic song with cutesy vocals? FML

i posted on here about five years ago about adverts taking an old song and getting a female singer and slowing it down to a snails pace,gets on my wick and i dont mean the dick that is joe wicks,another person who did very well out of lockdown.

Skinny is spot-on! ...but you can’t reason with someone who’s bought any of Morrissey’s past 5 albums. Garbage in, garbage out.

Have a nice day!
Skinny is a fan who thought he was on his way into the inner circle, found out he wasn’t anywhere close to it, then turned on the man he loves. And I mean loves, not loved.

There’s some shite on every Morrissey album. But there isn’t any more on the latest 5 than there was on the first five. Or the middle five. Or any other random selection of five albums.

My god I hate that style of singing. It's a tried and true cover version method used by the entertainment industry that employs the whispery tones, ignoring the melody of the original song to the point where there is basically one or two recognised notes and the quintessential solo piano key touch. Do they get the same girl to do all of them?

Just drain the original song of all life and slow it down to a crawl. At least with WW84 they went with a cover of Blue Monday that sounds exactly the same, almost.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom