How safe is it to go to concerts in England?

BrokenFrame

I'm considering the current covid situation and havent been watching the news much lately.....would you be willing to go to a concert?

Yes, I'd be happy to, no problem at all. But for anyone who's in the immunocompromised group, still feels pretty risky right now...

I've been to 3 in the last 5 months and I'm off to see Echo and The Bunnymen a week tonight. Each one has been ok but I have not been right at the front like I would have been pre covid.

I'm considering the current covid situation and havent been watching the news much lately.....would you be willing to go to a concert?

If you stand outside with your ear to the venue’s wall, you should be alright.

If you stand outside with your ear to the venue’s wall, you should be alright.

That response reminds me of a time when Pete Shelley from Buzzcocks was doing a fan interview thing on the radio and someone said I've never been to a gig before have you any tips and Shelley said, yes face the front:ROFLMAO:

I've been to 4 or 5 since the autumn and have been fine. I wouldn't face someone (not a normal thing to do at a concert anyway!) and have avoided super packed bits but not had any problems at all. You can obviously still wear a mask if you want to.

I've been to 4 or 5 since the autumn and have been fine. I wouldn't face someone (not a normal thing to do at a concert anyway!) and have avoided super packed bits but not had any problems at all. You can obviously still wear a mask if you want to.

Yes good point on the masks, at The Stranglers gig at the Apollo last week about 25% were wearing masks. I've done similar to you in avoiding the packed bits, at a Sleeper gig at the Ritz I went upstairs where there was more space, New order at Halifax was open air so all good and New Order at The O2 I was in a private box so all good there as well. Bunnymen at The Albert Hall next week will be a challenge as normally I would be right in amongst it!

That response reminds me of a time when Pete Shelley from Buzzcocks was doing a fan interview thing on the radio and someone said I've never been to a gig before have you any tips and Shelley said, yes face the front:ROFLMAO:

smart man.

Shelley, Curtis, Devoto, Mark E Smith, Morrissey. England doesn’t make ‘em like that anymore.

:(

It has been sad watching rock slowly fade away.

What’s sad is watching innovation fade away, it’s what’s not being done with rock to make it new that’s the problem.

To my ears, the last great thing to come out of England was My Bloody Valentine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom