How old were you...

P

Patricia

How old were you when you started to like Morrissey? And why is he so irresistible? I mean, how many figures do we humans become truly into, almost to the point of a religion? I myself am only 17, but already so much of my thought is consumed by the Moz. It's kind of sad, really, but I love it! Morrissey rocks.

"I tried living in the real world instead of a shell, but I was bored before I even began"

> How old were you when you started to like Morrissey? And why is
> he so irresistible? I mean, how many figures do we humans become
> truly into, almost to the point of a religion? I myself am only
> 17, but already so much of my thought is consumed by the Moz.
> It's kind of sad, really, but I love it! Morrissey rocks.

> "I tried living in the real world instead of a shell, but I
> was bored before I even began"

Saw The Smiths in 86' Universal Amp. with a cousin. Haven't been the same since...

PATRICIA YOU ARE RIGHT ON I CAN ONLY RELATE 2000% WITH YOU MAYBE WE CAN CHAT I DEFINATELY AM LOOKING FOR MORRISSEY/SMITHS FRIENDS LATER

I was 19 when I got into Moz. I wish I had known about Morrissey a lot earlier ... his music would have helped when I was about ... three.

> he so irresistible? I mean, how many figures do we humans become
> truly into, almost to the point of a religion? I myself am only
> 17, but already so much of my thought is consumed by the Moz.
> It's kind of sad, really, but I love it! Morrissey rocks.

> "I tried living in the real world instead of a shell, but I
> was bored before I even began"

> Cool. It's really hard to live in a daily environment of rap and other freaky currently hot crap when your mind's stuck on some potentially personally significant lyric, and you can't talk to anyone about it. It's kinda painful.

> Cool. It's hard to have to go every day to a place where rap and other currently hot crap prevail, when the whole time your mind is stuck on some potentially personally significant lyric, and you can't tell anyone about it, because they wouldn't understand what you're talking about. It kinda hurts.

> he so irresistible?

I liked the Smiths since i was thirteen, but wasn't too fond of Morrissey, because i was foolish and listened to the other kids say that he was an a$$hole (peer pressure doesn't pay, folks!). But around age sixteen a friend of mine opened my eyes to who Morrissey really was and everything. I bought Viva Hate shortly afterward, and thus became a "Morrissey apostle". I've said it before and i will say it again: that album truly changed my life and my way of thinking.....for the better!

I think what makes him so irresistible and adored is that he is a very unique individual. He doesn't change when the trends change, yet he remains truly timeless. He's just....REAL. Plus, due to the fact that he doesn't disclose a lot about his personal life in an era where many celebrities are more than eager to display their dirty linens to the public for attention and recognition, people become more intrigued with him, wanting to know how exactly he lives his day-to-day life, what brand deodorant he uses etc etc.

I started listening to Morrissey when I was 14, i'm now 19. Five years! I dont think i'll ever stop listening to him. He's helped me so much, he's been the biggest influence in my life so far. He inspire's everything I do....

Back
Top Bottom