How much time (if any) should Morrissey take off before touring or recording again?

How much time (if any) should S Morrissey take off before touring or recording again?

• he should never tour again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • he should never record new material again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maurice E

The 2004-2009 period was probably the busiest of his entire 'solo' career with a new album and/or a tour pretty much every year (with the possible exception of 2005 altho he was recording ROTT then).

Would you like him to continue on this trajectory or take a little (or a lot of) time off?

How much time (if any) should S Morrissey take off before touring or recording again?
Please vote once for touring and once for recording.

Re: How much time (if any) should Morrissey take off before touring or recording agai

and of course it's not a game, it's a question.
I blame the snow!

Re: How much time (if any) should Morrissey take off before touring or recording agai

As much as I love him and his work, he should take a year off / touring and recording . rest, relax, see where life leads him, and then come back , fully recovered and with another great album :thumb:

as much as he needs

as much as he needs

..if he wants to record/tour again...

..and if touring, a schedule that enables sufficient rest between gigs.

I suppose I'm with the majority of people saying, "as much as he needs". I would think a year off from touring would be a good amount of time, five years seems too long, but who knows?

But I do believe he needs time off to...Miss it, you know? Taking a break could give him an extra oomph for whenever he does tour again.

I voted for a year off...just so he can build his health back to normal and so he can rest his voice.

But, I guess with the news today, he'll need the time now...

"As much as he needs" is the logical choice but as we know Morrissey often pushes himself harder than advisable because of his desire to be on stage.

A year off working on the autobiography, which hopefully feeds into some fantastic new songs recorded at the end of 2010, followed by an extensive 2011 tour. Hope to see Alain back in the fold and perhaps one surprise addition to the studio and/or live lineup.

I wish that touring and recording vs. good health didn't have to seem so mutually exclusive. My vote is I would like to see him back in the saddle as soon as possible if only to get past this frustrating turn, and I hope that he finds the right team to carry the ship forward instead of uncivil servants.

And the strange thing is that I thought Swords was a very strong record.

some interesting results here - looks like the large majority of us do not want him to tour this year.
I would actually like him to go back out on tour but with a similar approach to 2008 i.e. just a few festivals dotted around Europe (and elsewhere).
these create a real sense of occasion, and also considerably reduce the risk of burn-out...

I'd like to see him take time off, release an autobiogrophy around september time, then do a mini u.k/us tour in october/november, or just 5-10 dates in U.K in December

My feeling is he's probably retired anyway.

I think as a swansong it might be nice to do a little album with just Boz and Alain. Something quickly recorded and under the radar.

1 year off, then

look for a label

producer, material

recordings

makes 2012

I think that 6-8 months of rest is a good amount of time, but since we are not 100% sure of what was wrong with him (if it was indeed the flu as he has stated) then that is certainly enough time. However, he may need more time between tours now as he gets older.

As far as new material, I think he should continue now to keep the creative juices flowing. I'm sure that new lyrics continue to bubble up when he is in the bath. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom