how many singles out there or should i say lonley hearts

I'm not a lonely heart, but I'm single. I plan on being single for a long time because I'm too picky.

I never used to be, but it's getting worse as I get older. (I'm 27) Is that normal??? or am I just turning into an asshole?

It also doesn't help that I demand someone with a foriegn accent...(told you I'm picky:) It's kinda hard to find British boys in New Jersey..hahahah

Monique

haa, no I completely understand the foreign accent thing! :D

yes, it's me...;)..oh..there are quite some guys who wanted to..but..please no..i'm a person who is a small perfectionist also at my choice:D..so everything has to be a bit more interesting..different..not like all the others..I'm not normal for example that's sure^^...so i can't stand with a ,normal' person...maybe he looks fine..but there have to be more than...look..I'm such a hottie..you know??..he must be interested in books..or ,real`music not that commercial suff..maybe he play an instrument..like me..best would be the e-guitar or the bass..so he maybe could teach me (a bit more:p) just a joke..i don't know..anything practical.. anything intellectual...and not a disco walker who listen to P.Diddy, 50Cent Rihanna or stuff like that like boys or men at the age of mine..i don't want one who plays the playstation and is happy when he got into the next level..damn..horrable..so maybe you understand what i mean..he must know what he wants and a small point of view in life..not more..is this realistic??..i don't know..and yes i know I'm very difficult;)

It's GOOD to have high standards,..and rare. You sound fascinating, although I could never serve in the aforementioned capacity. I know it's tough, before I became celibate it was very hard to find women I actually wanted to get to know and share something with.

Single and loving it.
I honestly can't imagine myself in a relationship.
Have tried it a couple of times but... no... not for me.

To stop people asking about my relationship-status I started saying:

My mother-in-law couldn't have children. :D

I also wouldn't put too much creed into the whole "be yourself and people will love you for who you are" thing either. I suspect it all comes down to learning how to interact with people in the best way possible. It's true what they say about the technique that if you get someone to talk about what they like they will think you're really interesting. If you can get someone to talk about something they are interested in, they are natually going to have a favourable opinion of you.

Appearance has less to do with things than you would imagine.

Good point. It's about being yourself but also giving the other person space to be themself, without too much expectation.

Two friends talking at work;
A says "relationships are about compromise, to a certain extent"
B says "Relationships are about how much you can get away with"

guess which one is in a happy relationship and which one unwillingly single...
Having said that, I'm no expert. I'm single too.:D

I am single too, and have been for a long time.
Most of the time I like it, sometimes I hate it.
But I don't consider myself a "lonely heart" - I'm not feeling lonely...
I think I'm not completely against the idea of a romance, but I absolutely cannot imagine living with someone... I really need to have my own space and I love living alone.
I'm also not very good at handling stress and responsibilities, and sometimes I think that relationships are just too much stress for me. Sometimes I think having two cats is too much stress for me! :eek:
Oh, and last but not least, I am VERY picky.:rolleyes:
By the way it's nice to see other singles - I thought everyone on this site (except me) are married with children :)

yes, it's me...;)..oh..there are quite some guys who wanted to..but..please no..i'm a person who is a small perfectionist also at my choice:D..so everything has to be a bit more interesting..different..not like all the others..I'm not normal for example that's sure^^...so i can't stand with a ,normal' person...maybe he looks fine..but there have to be more than...look..I'm such a hottie..you know??..he must be interested in books..or ,real`music not that commercial suff..maybe he play an instrument..like me..best would be the e-guitar or the bass..so he maybe could teach me (a bit more:p) just a joke..i don't know..anything practical.. anything intellectual...and not a disco walker who listen to P.Diddy, 50Cent Rihanna or stuff like that like boys or men at the age of mine..i don't want one who plays the playstation and is happy when he got into the next level..damn..horrable..so maybe you understand what i mean..he must know what he wants and a small point of view in life..not more..is this realistic??..i don't know..and yes i know I'm very difficult;)

That's the man i want as well!!! There must be someone out there like that!

I`d bloody well LOVE to be single.In fact the thought that one day soon I may be is just about the only thing keeping my sanity intact.

Oh to watch what i want,listen to what I want,have an opinion,do what I want,say what i want and answer only to me and my kids.

I hate to be a boring old cynic but don`t ever settle for second best.

Learn from me that if it looks like a big lump that whines and moans/drinks/farts/and generally thinks your its skivvy...then it most certainly is.:D

After a 10 year relationship I am now single and kind of hating it...it's a lonely existence when your used to being with someone. I'm sure I'll get better at being single soon :D
I think I set my sights FAR to high, but I guess thats not a bad thing.

No, that's only because SoLow is our only creative outlet, so we're pretty vocal here.

i know it's gonna happen someday;)..earlier or later..but i hope it will be something special..I#m not waíting..but I'm excited:rolleyes:

I've been single my entire life. Never been in any kind of relationship, or even dated. I have hobbies and people I socialize with, so I am far from miserable.

I wish you the best of luck with trapping someone into marriage. I know it's been your dream since conception.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

On a dare & a whim, someone whom I'm very close with dared me to post a profile opening my heart up again. The person explained that maybe taking a chance again for 2008, will bring me what I'm exactly looking for. I will admit though, I'm very, very scared about it all again but, I was very brutal, honest & truthful in my ad. We'll see. I'm giving it until Valentine's Day, February 14, 2008, to see whether or not, I'm even approached for any dates. Happy New Year to one & all...

Take a look: http://www.plentyoffish.com/member6122518.htm

Wish me luck...I'll need it. (at least I was totally honest, truthful & I explained what I wanted. Plus, I have very, very recent photos posted there so, there are no "surprises")

If it doesn't work out, meaning, no approaches/askings for dates, I'm going to delete the account, as I firmly decided.

Well, I hope all of you have a great new year, filled w/ peace, joy, kindness, health, wealth & care.

Cheers.

Single.

I am far too emotional to be in a relationship.

Back
Top Bottom