How many of you were here?

He also played You're The One For Me Fatty, and got interviewed by the audience. That's not on the clip for some reason, but none of the questions were earth shattering anyways.

That is excellent never seen before. Some chap in comments on you tube said i love rockabilly moz, and who can argue these where great times.

That's cool. I uploaded my video a few years ago but it was taken down.

He also played You're The One For Me Fatty, and got interviewed by the audience. That's not on the clip for some reason, but none of the questions were earth shattering anyways.

Disagree. A fan asked him point-blank if he missed The Smiths. This was with Morrissey sitting there in front of Alain, Boz, Spencer and Gary. He made a joke about romanticizing old bands (like the Monkees) and said, if both bands had existed at the same time, he would have preferred his current band to The Smiths. I found that pretty interesting!

But then again I am sad. ;)

That's cool. I uploaded my video a few years ago but it was taken down.

Disagree. A fan asked him point-blank if he missed The Smiths. This was with Morrissey sitting there in front of Alain, Boz, Spencer and Gary. He made a joke about romanticizing old bands (like the Monkees) and said, if both bands had existed at the same time, he would have preferred his current band to The Smiths. I found that pretty interesting!
But then again I am sad. ;)

that is interesting:thumb:

that is interesting:thumb:

Isn't it though?

He also told a bookish young lady that he thought Sylvia Plath's life was more interesting than anything she ever wrote. Which is his standard line about every writer. :rolleyes:

There were some extremely starry-eyed girls in the audience.

John Norris looked, as he usually did, like a buffed and polished wax cadaver.

I've seen it last year..
If I'm not wrong it's availabe on MTV website..

About Julia, well.. is there some place where she does not go?

I live in California so I wasn't able to make it, but several of the people that I traded live shows with were here (Jeff in Connecticut!). I'm pretty sure Julia was in the audience too.

Anyone else?

Morrissey - "Hangin' With MTV"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCA9KOOvVBo

which jeff from ct?

i love your arsenal era, his voice, hair, movements, the back band.

thanks for posting this, havent seen it in a while.

Last edited:

But then again I am sad.

I found that pretty sad!

But then again, that must mean I am interesting. :lbf:

After hearing Boz and co butcher This Charming Man and Please, Please, Please in Prague, I can only hope Morrissey was merely being polite.

cheers

Last edited:
I found that pretty sad!

But then again, that must mean I am interesting. :lbf:

After hearing Boz and co butcher This Charming Man and Please, Please, Please in Prague, I can only hope Morrissey was merely being polite.

cheers

He wasn't being polite, exactly. He answered like a good politician would. He simply said he'd prefer "this" (gesturing to his band) to The Smiths, had both been around. Which can be interpreted as, "They're not necessarily better, but the bottom line is, I'd rather be a dictator with these guys than an equal partner with Johnny Marr". Masterfully handled.

He wasn't being polite, exactly. He answered like a good politician would. He simply said he'd prefer "this" (gesturing to his band) to The Smiths, had both been around. Which can be interpreted as, "They're not necessarily better, but the bottom line is, I'd rather be a dictator with these guys than an equal partner with Johnny Marr". Masterfully handled.

They brought him out of his shell more. It's honesty, he became a more confident and happier person.

I wasn't in the audience, but I was at home watching it - and I still have the VHS I taped it on! Amazing times. It was a great year...

which jeff from ct?

i love your arsenal era, his voice, hair, movements, the back band.

thanks for posting this, havent seen it in a while.

The spelling may be incorrect, but it was Jeff Pelletier. There was another guy I knew in attendance who ran a Moz fanzine I believe out of the Georgia area. David Tsend I think was there too.

Back
Top Bottom