How many of you have been called a racist?

...and here I was "Clicking" on this Thread, thinking I could actually contribute some true/REAL stories, but it seems to have just descended into a "Put Gifs up" thangg ( which i cannot manage to do.....).
if anyone wants me to add further( rather sensible, actually) comments, feel free to "Gif" me, and i'll get back to ya.....

...and here I was "Clicking" on this Thread, thinking I could actually contribute some true/REAL stories, but it seems to have just descended into a "Put Gifs up" thangg ( which i cannot manage to do.....).
if anyone wants me to add further( rather sensible, actually) comments, feel free to "Gif" me, and i'll get back to ya.....

HRXQc.gif

If you are a racist, you may wish to consider this summer camp.

Swedish kids invited to neo-Nazi summer camp
A Swedish neo-Nazi political party is offering children free admission to a camp scheduled to be held in a secret location in southern Sweden this summer. But not everyone is welcome to attend.

http://www.thelocal.se/34340/20110614/

I have a lot to say in this thread... but... I do not think that anyone who has not worked in an underprivileged area would understand. Trubs, Cornelius, and Nugz and a few others... I will tell you privately if you are interested.

I have a lot to say in this thread... but... I do not think that anyone who has not worked in an underprivileged area would understand. Trubs, Cornelius, and Nugz and a few others... I will tell you privately if you are interested.

Yes, I am interested. Tell me privately.

Is this about that time you got drunk and burned a cross on your neighbor's lawn?

Is this about that time you got drunk and burned a cross on your neighbor's lawn?

No, but someone I know did something like that once... After that and when he held a gun to someone's head... I could no longer be friends with him anymore. For one year, I worked in a very underprivileged area. What was seen cannot be unseen.

No, but someone I know did something like that once... After that and when he held a gun to someone's head... I could no longer be friends with him anymore. For one year, I worked in a very underprivileged area. What was seen cannot be unseen.

Man, I told you it wasn't a good idea to hang out with Dave off-site...

I have. I was in a lift in a shopping centre in Bradford, and I had the kids with me. There were two asian girls in there swearing really loudly. I'm pretty good at swearing too, but not in front of my kids. I asked them to stop. And then they called me a "White bastard" and said the'd phone their brother to come and beat me up.

That sounds like they were being racist towards you, not calling you a racist.

But I realize the Marxists have convinced a lot of folks that only whites can be racists.

I had a moment of "Am I a racist?" the other day. It was more like a moment of "I don't understand this culture." but I generally felt bad about it, or I felt like I'll never get it.

I was out with friends and we went to this trendy bar in Little Tokyo in downtown LA. When we were done with that scene we moved to this little karaoke bar a few doors down, not swanky by any stretch of the imagination, but it had swanky prices. $8 for a bottle of Budweiser and $5 for a coke, usually the designated driver is gratis, not at this place. So we're sitting at the bar, it's cool, we decide it would be nice to sit in a booth back by the karaoke machine when we're stopped by the bartender who yells "TWO DRINK MINIMUM!" It was very abrasive but I get that, they just communicate differently. So we go back to the bar. I decide to use the restroom and this is when I had my moment. So there's a sink to wash your hands, the whole place is spotlessly clean. On the sink is a basket of paper towels and a plant. But there's a ginormous white elephant in the room, a huge mop sink connected to the same plumbing. Obviously an afterthought in the design of the bathroom. Their solution to covering up this monstrous second mop sink, complete with mop and cleaning products, is to drape a piece of lace over it. Like the lace makes it all better. At that moment I thought, "I just don't get the Asian aesthetic and I'm not sure I ever will." As I was peeing it made me think of all the donut stores in town and how they could be so cool looking with some bold color and original professional signage, not wallpapered with donut posters. I dunno. Anyway, I'm not racist, I was talking with a friend about it and she asked if I didn't like the bartender or his wife (all the customers were white) and that wasn't the case at all, it was the lace over the mop as a design solution I didn't understand nor did I think I ever would. Does that make sense? :squiffy:

6038569217_e200124853_z.jpg

I had a moment of "Am I a racist?" the other day. It was more like a moment of "I don't understand this culture." but I generally felt bad about it, or I felt like I'll never get it.

I was out with friends and we went to this trendy bar in Little Tokyo in downtown LA. When we were done with that scene we moved to this little karaoke bar a few doors down, not swanky by any stretch of the imagination, but it had swanky prices. $8 for a bottle of Budweiser and $5 for a coke, usually the designated driver is gratis, not at this place. So we're sitting at the bar, it's cool, we decide it would be nice to sit in a booth back by the karaoke machine when we're stopped by the bartender who yells "TWO DRINK MINIMUM!" It was very abrasive but I get that, they just communicate differently. So we go back to the bar. I decide to use the restroom and this is when I had my moment. So there's a sink to wash your hands, the whole place is spotlessly clean. On the sink is a basket of paper towels and a plant. But there's a ginormous white elephant in the room, a huge mop sink connected to the same plumbing. Obviously an afterthought in the design of the bathroom. Their solution to covering up this monstrous second mop sink, complete with mop and cleaning products, is to drape a piece of lace over it. Like the lace makes it all better. At that moment I thought, "I just don't get the Asian aesthetic and I'm not sure I ever will." As I was peeing it made me think of all the donut stores in town and how they could be so cool looking with some bold color and original professional signage, not wallpapered with donut posters. I dunno. Anyway, I'm not racist, I was talking with a friend about it and she asked if I didn't like the bartender or his wife (all the customers were white) and that wasn't the case at all, it was the lace over the mop as a design solution I didn't understand nor did I think I ever would. Does that make sense? :squiffy:

I can't stop laughing. I've had such a shitty week and my body is going under of stress and now I'm just sitting here laughing over your post. Thanks CG, you're the best!

The fact that you live in a town that has a "donut store" means you cannot slag off anyone elses' culture.
That said, Asians are mental! (And that's not racist, it's just the way it is.)

The fact that you live in a town that has a "donut store" means you cannot slag off anyone elses' culture.
That said, Asians are mental! (And that's not racist, it's just the way it is.)

What do you call the store where you go to get a donut?

What do you call the store where you go to get a donut?

A store is where things are stored, if I want to buy something I go to a shop.
And I have never in my 26 years felt the need to "get a donut". If I ever did I would go to the bakers, or the bakery section of the local supermarket. Donuts aren't so important here to warrant their own shop.

Though I have noticed a sudden increase in Krispy Kreme shops in England. I've also noticed a sudden increase in riots in England. You do the "math".

A store is where things are stored, if I want to buy something I go to a shop.
And I have never in my 26 years felt the need to "get a donut". If I ever did I would go to the bakers, or the bakery section of the local supermarket. Donuts aren't so important here to warrant their own shop.

Though I have noticed a sudden increase in Krispy Kreme shops in England. I've also noticed a sudden increase in riots in England. You do the "math".

I've never been to England. If my anglophile skillz in America have taught me anything, then all shops start with "Ye Olde" over there and this is where I'll go to get a donut should that fateful day come that I get to visit my motherland. :D

2169922529_1b5c4d51bc.jpg

I've never been to England. If my anglophile skillz in America have taught me anything, then all shops start with "Ye Olde" over there and this is where I'll go to get a donut should that fateful day come that I get to visit my motherland. :D

2169922529_1b5c4d51bc.jpg

I don't think your "Anglophile skills" have taught you anything, I'm afraid. Meanwhile your American education system seems to have taught you the wrong thing. But such is the American way.
Also, you go and buy a 'donut', not get one.

But enough of me making fun of you and your American ways. You'll have enough people doing that, you don't need me rubbing salt into the wound.

You seem decent enough, anyway. I do not wish to argue with you.

I don't think your "Anglophile skills" have taught you anything, I'm afraid. Meanwhile your American education system seems to have taught you the wrong thing. But such is the American way.
Also, you go and buy a 'donut', not get one.

But enough of me making fun of you and your American ways. You'll have enough people doing that, you don't need me rubbing salt into the wound.

You seem decent enough, anyway. I do not wish to argue with you.

I was raised by a truck driver and a house cleaner. I do the best I can. :o

I was raised by a truck driver and a house cleaner. I do the best I can. :o

That is all we can ask. I cannot hold a grudge against someone with a similar deprived upbringing as I had. We have something in common. In those dark, teenage days, sometimes Morrissey was the only one who made sense. Well, until he went racist.

P.S. It's a lorry, not a truck.

Back
Top Bottom