How many of you are vegetarians?

it was hard at first, which is why it took me so long to finally become vegan. The first couple of weeks were tough but just like after the first few weeks of being vegetarian, it got easier. I actually plan out all my meals ahead of time and theres also a lot more vegan foods available than i originally thought. I discover new recipes and ideas all the time. So far so good, I actually feel a lot healthier too :D

I've finally decided to go vegan! I've tried it before and failed, but this time seems different, it feels right. It's been just over a month. :) Any other vegan soloers out there?

there's a few of us vegans on here.

you had a hard time giving up cheese? check out your countries very own vegan cheese, Daiya Cheese. it is so F'n good!!!
also instead of honey, try agave nectar.
if you have any questions bout veganism then please drop me a line. that also goes for anyone else too.

i'd agree with MIM and say vegans read labels and are paranoid - veggies are less strict.

Vegans don't consume any animal derived products or products tested on animals (foods and drinks, medicines, consumables like toothpaste, clothes and household items, makeup, furniture, paint etc). Basically - we read labels every time we go into shops! :sleeping:

My friend's nicknamed me "cheeseblock" so I don't see veganism happening anytime soon. :p
Tee hee, i lived on cheese from the age of around 5-18 until i went vegan... my weight plummeted to around 7 stone initially - thought i was going to fade away.... 18 years on... i'm not so 7 stone'ish anymore (far from it!!!) and i wouldn't eat cheese if you paid me to!:eek:

Yay... more vegans!!:flowers::sleeping:
i can't even imagine what honey is used for - isn't it just vulgar and sickly sugar? (never tasted it)

Last edited:

you had a hard time giving up cheese? check out your countries very own vegan cheese, Daiya Cheese. it is so F'n good!!!
if you have any questions bout veganism then please drop me a line. that also goes for anyone else too.

thanks for the suggestions! I never know what to try. :) I'll have to go on a hunt for that cheese. Any idea what stores in Canada carry it?

giving up yoghurt is tooo hard at the moment for me. I think its better to be walking in the direction than trying for perfection

try soy yogurt. you get the best part of yogurt but it guiltless and without the gross dairy.

Yay... more vegans!!:flowers::sleeping:
i can't even imagine what honey is used for - isn't it just vulgar and sickly sugar? (never tasted it)

honey is in ALOT of stuff you wouldn't even think of. it does taste very good. and has some health benefits but i choice not to use or eat it.

Last edited:
I try to eat at least two meals vegetarian each day. Mostly to control weight and help counteract the affects smoking, not that it does much good, probably. haha :crazy:

I've been veggie since late september last year I believe, and vegan now for around 3 months. Both became second nature very quickly and it makes me happier which is the main thing. :)

I am. But I can never manage to go totally vegan for long as I miss eggs too much...

By the way, have all you animal loving people tried the 'Naked' range of toiletries (http://www.nakedbodycare.co.uk)? They're animal friendly and smell lovely, and none of the proceeds go to eeeeeevil conglomerates like L'Oreal and P&G.

I don't work for them - in case you're wondering. Just thought I'd spread the word as it's a bit of a pain in the arse reading labels/researching companies all the time.

i'd agree with MIM and say vegans read labels and are paranoid - veggies are less strict.

Vegans don't consume any animal derived products or products tested on animals (foods and drinks, medicines, consumables like toothpaste, clothes and household items, makeup, furniture, paint etc). Basically - we read labels every time we go into shops! :sleeping:

I take offence at this, some of us are veggie but just as paranoid, and i real labels on EVERYTHING and avoid leather etc etc,
i am trying to be vegan, but its taking a while, (cheese! lol) and its hard when you dont have yor own kitchen space to hog all the time. :mad:

Intelligence and Empathy. Both of which I like to think that the average Moz fan possesses. There are exceptions though (see above)..

Pardon my interruption, but you do come across as being an arrogant bitch who relies too much on insults. Are you sure you're not PMSing?

Seriously, ditch the insults and you're argument will look much better!

I take offence at this, some of us are veggie but just as paranoid, and i real labels on EVERYTHING and avoid leather etc etc,
i am trying to be vegan, but its taking a while, (cheese! lol) and its hard when you dont have yor own kitchen space to hog all the time. :mad:

Sorry - really didn't mean to offend:)

I am vegetarian, I can't give up cheese. It's my terrible Wisconsin weakness. :blushing: Morrissey/The Smiths didn't fuel my choice, but it was somewhat of a lead into learning about The Smiths.

I am vegetarian, I can't give up cheese. It's my terrible Wisconsin weakness. :blushing: Morrissey/The Smiths didn't fuel my choice, but it was somewhat of a lead into learning about The Smiths.
Yeah, Morrissey didn't have a great deal to do with me becoming a vegetarian, but my vegetarianism is definitely enforced by Morrissey. I love watching interviews and reading articles where Moz talks about animal rights, etc.

as xfranklyx stated, Daiya cheese is excellent! Sheese is a good alternative as well. Has anyone mentioned the recent Conklin Dairy incident? That is enough to make any vegetarian swear off dairy products and become vegan for life...

For those who cannot give up pizza, tofurkey has just come up with a vegan version using Daiya cheese of all things.

Last edited:
Yeah, Morrissey didn't have a great deal to do with me becoming a vegetarian, but my vegetarianism is definitely enforced by Morrissey. I love watching interviews and reading articles where Moz talks about animal rights, etc.

I think he sounds silly. Like, how about that interview where a squirrel came near Morrissey during the talk and Morrissey claimed it was because the squirrel could sense he was a kind soul? Um, squirrels come up close to me and I eat meat. It's of absolutely no concern at all to the squirrels in my yard that I eat meat. Or how about that interview where Morrissey claimed that whenever he sees roadkill he gets out of his car and pulls the animal to the side of the road because the animal may just be knocked unconscious? Does anyone believe for one second that Morrissey really does that? But the funniest was when Morrissey stated he was a huge fan of New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd until he read her saying that she ate some chicken. That's funny on two levels. For one, it's sad he considered Maureen Dowd a writer worth hyping as one of his faves. For two, the reason he turned off to her was even more pathetic. He said he could not like her writing anymore because the thought of her eating a piece of fried chicken made her seem like some kind of sicko comparable to a cannibal. Actually, that shows a rather sick intolerance on Morrissey's part.

Last edited:
Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom