How many of you are vegetarians?

I am a vegetarian because I do not want to eat animals. Plain and simple. The health benefits are just a nice byproduct of that.

Pescatorians is one thing I've heard them called. I eat fish and crustaceans but no meat. Haven't eaten meat for many years. Nothing warm-blooded I guess is the best way to put it. Although I don't eat reptiles, either.

For anyone who isn't veggie/vegan, I would suggest watching the film EARTHLINGS. It will change your life.

You can watch the trailer here:

http://www.earthlings.com/

and then the full movie here:

http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php

This movie is so heavy. I was bawling at parts. Definitely a must see for anyone even slightly concerned with the fate of animals and even our planet.

As has been said already, a vegan diet shouldn't cost more unless you would like to buy all the fancy alternatives.

vegan-food-pyramid.jpg

I have it as an E book, I will upload it and send it your way.

His ideas are basically vegan, as he finds cheese and meats tobe the unhealthiest things one can eat, same goes for eggs.He does have some ideas for those who do not wish to give up meat completely, but he advocates full vegan diet.

I, too, am interested in this book if you'd like to share!

I've been a vegetarian for three years now, and meat is murder was definitely the turning point. The very same day I heard meat is murder for the first time was the day I stopped eating meat. The lyrics had me in tears. So yeah, Morrissey was kind of an influence just a tiny one though. :rolleyes:
also im a huge earth lover :)

aww thats sweet, that song makes me cry evertime I hear it, and ive got nowt to cry about seeing as i dont cause it to happen, it still makes me feel so goddam guilty, prob for being a human and prob because i wish there wa sso much more i could do to stop the meat industry full stop.

i'm vegetarian, have been since i was old enough to make THE connection, Morrissey didnt inspire me to be, but a lot of my love for him stems from the fact he has the EXACT same views as me on this, i thought i was alone in them, im so glad i was wrong. :)

I'm a vegetarian most of the time but I have slip ups and eat meat on the rare occassion, mostly by accident.

Like back in May when I was on holiday, I ate what I thought were normal hash browns but they had bacon bits in and I didn't realise until I had eaten the first mouthful but I didn't eat the rest.

I only normally eat meat at Christmas when I have turkey and all the trimmings as I love it so much but I avoid it the rest of the time when I can. I never eat fish as I can't stand it. The smell, the taste, awful.

I only normally eat meat at Christmas when I have turkey and all the trimmings as I love it so much but I avoid it the rest of the time when I can. I never eat fish as I can't stand it. The smell, the taste, awful.

Lol I didn't know turkey was a vegetable :lbf:

I have been for about 3 years, it was definitely The Smiths which helped me to decide, but I've always felt it was wrong anyway.

Re: How many of you are vegetarian's?

Rise Against, in particular. It was a phase which lasted all of six months, so I barely scraped the surface. There were a lot of anarcho type bands doing interviews with PETA and the like.

Refused (and affiliates) deserve credit, too. The Manics led me to the Situationists, the Situationists to Refused, Refused to vegetarianism, I think.

AFI made me go vegan once. Then I got creepy skinny and thought it was unwise.

I've been a vegetarian for twenty years, and I am a lapsed vegan. I was something of an animal liberationist in my youth, when I caused just a wee bit of trouble. :rolleyes:

As for vegetarian bands, how come no one ever mentions Consolidated? They were hardcore animal liberationists before that was mainstream. Their music was an aggressive mix of industrial/dance/hardcore/funk. They did these great multi-media shows where they used video and audience participation to really push a political agenda, and it was fun, 'cause they totally rocked.

They kind of helped guilt me into veganism for a while in the early '90s.

The film Earthlings, that was brutal. Decided from that, I can not eat meat any longer, so starting a week early. Wish me luck!

I have been a Vegetarian for 18 years.

I was a huge Morrissey fan before that,but he had little to do with my decision.

I've been a vegetarian for about 18 years or so. It didn't have anything to do with Morrissey, though - I moved in with my girlfriend and she was veggie; I'd wanted to give up meat since I was about 12, and she gave me the necessary boot up the arse.

It took a few months to outpace the cravings. Now, when I cook meat or fish for my kids, I spend a lot of time holding my breath and trying not to gag :sick:.

The film Earthlings, that was brutal. Decided from that, I can not eat meat any longer, so starting a week early. Wish me luck!
Wow, good luck! That's great news :) I think I need to show that video to my "Oh meat is so tasty yum yum"-mother. When I listen to the track Meat Is Murder she leaves the room or shuts the player, because it makes her sad but still she continues to eat flesh.
As for me, I don't eat meat as I don't like the taste of it and I love animals. In fact, I remember the very last times I ate meat I felt like puking because it was so annoying - I had watched too many cruel animal videos and finally realised that some cute furry or feathery lovely innocent animals turn into a chunk on my plate :straightface: I have actually just got a little fatter as I stop eating meat, maybe because that food is so delicious :p

Wow, good luck! That's great news :) I think I need to show that video to my "Oh meat is so tasty yum yum"-mother. When I listen to the track Meat Is Murder she leaves the room or shuts the player, because it makes her sad but still she continues to eat flesh.

at the risk of starting argument,
why do people so this? its a strange sort of denial isnt it?
it makes me sad that they can feel sad from that song but still FAIL to do an easy thing to solve it.
:confused:

Tags
*check out the b12 deficiency dsitehatesu2 flax is god flax is sexy ihatethissite ii do too just one of me killmeat meat is dinner meat is murder meat stick mmm chicken veggie brigade
Back
Top Bottom