How many new (unreleased) songs would you like included in the set-list for the summer/autumn tour?

How many unreleased songs would you like there to be in the new set-list?

• Total voters
M

Maurice Maher

It looks pretty likely that we're going to get some new songs debuted live in a few days' time.
Why? Well, Morrissey said he'd had enough touring without new songs to play earlier this year, and cancelled a proposed tour back in the springtime citing this reason. He also said he wouldn't play the UK again without new songs (or without a record deal, at least). One of the band also tweeted fairly recently that he was learning new songs (although this could have meant songs they hadn't previously played). And we know there are plenty of new songs. I remember hearing that there were around 14, and that was some time ago.
It'll be the first time since Art Hounds was previewed at Brixton (2011?) that a new Moz song is debuted live. But how many new ones do you want to hear?

four would be good. would keep us going for a while.i think a new style is on the way.

Yeah, I'd like there to be 3 or 4.
I'm hoping that Gustavo's been doing some more writing, or at least helping with the arrangements.
I loved his contribution to the World Peace stuff - really rescued Morrissey from the plodding chug-rock that's been his default musical setting since the mid 90s, although I guess a lot of that was down to the World Peace producer. But 3 or 4 new ones would be cool...

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd like there to be 3 or 4.
I'm hoping that Gustavo's been doing some more writing, or at least helping with the arrangements.
I loved his contribution to the World Peace stuff - really rescued Morrissey from the plodding chug-rock that's been his default musical setting since the mid 90s, although I guess a lot of that was down to the World Peace producer. But 3 or 4 new ones would be cool...

I hope they can keep the producer because world peace sounded great to me. I'm looking forward to Gustavo's being more involved but really I thought everyone did a good job on that album. Jesse wrote the very catchy kiss me a lot and I loved I'm not a man and boy was great as always. I imagine to some degree what style they go in is mostly down to morrissey. If he wants an uptempo rock printed album I'm guessing the hats how it'll be but we might also get a mixed bag as world peace was sort of that way. I personally hope the flamenco stays for a few song though

I hope they can keep the producer because world peace sounded great to me. I'm looking forward to Gustavo's being more involved but really I thought everyone did a good job on that album. Jesse wrote the very catchy kiss me a lot and I loved I'm not a man and boy was great as always. I imagine to some degree what style they go in is mostly down to morrissey. If he wants an uptempo rock printed album I'm guessing the hats how it'll be but we might also get a mixed bag as world peace was sort of that way. I personally hope the flamenco stays for a few song though

Yes, Jesse wrote some great songs on World Peace. Odd, really, considering most of his previous stuff had been so ordinary. The music to Smiler With Knife is sublime.

Yes, Jesse wrote some great songs on World Peace. Odd, really, considering most of his previous stuff had been so ordinary. The music to Smiler With Knife is sublime.

I don't know, I find a lot of this kinda stuff hard to predict as the creative process is complex. He could have just taken a while to feel confident, could have been inspired by something else in his life that just sparked creativity, could have found his groove with the other members. Could just be a random burst of goodness who knows but it showed he was capable of writing great morrissey songs. Or rally enjoyed world peace myself and thought everyone in the band brought there a game

Oh dear, not a single new song. Maybe he's saving it/them for later in the tour.
And so few from the 1990s, too.
And if I never hear Meat is Murder live again, it'll be way too soon...

Oh dear, not a single new song. Maybe he's saving it/them for later in the tour.
And so few from the 1990s, too.
And if I never hear Meat is Murder live again, it'll be way too soon...

I can understand not many from the nineties as it was a decade and a half ago but I was bummed at no new songs. Perhaps you're right and they might be introduced later. At least here's to hoping

Bring back this song and the tight black pants, what a sex pot

I can understand not many from the nineties as it was a decade and a half ago but I was bummed at no new songs. Perhaps you're right and they might be introduced later. At least here's to hoping

Actually, there are a handful of songs from the 90s, but it's the lack of any new ones that is the big disappointment. My decision not to go the Manchester show was a good one after all!

Back
Top Bottom