How many copies will World Peace sell in its first week? (in the UK)

How many copies will WPINOYB sell in its first week (in the UK)?

• More than Quarry (>70,000)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Around Quarry – 70,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between ROTT and Quarry (55,000-70,000)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Around ROTT - 55,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between YOR and ROTT (40,000-55,000)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Around YOR – 40,000

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Fewer than YOR (<40,000)

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
We will know this afternoon, as the mids come in. Moz should really be number 1 with a big margin to stand any chance of being number 1 on Sunday.
Most Moz fans will have bought it on the first day of release, so it should have shifted some 20,000 copies yesterday. By the end of the week it could be 40,000 max.
Sheeran sold 52,000 last week, so is unlikely to shift more than 40,000 this week.
It will be close call!

Well, there ain't much more anyone can do now. The reviews are all in, and have generally been really good. The ones in the Sunday papers (Observer, Times, Indie etc) today were, if anything, even better. All the ones with a score got 4 stars - the ones without read like 4 or 5.
So, there will be a lot more interest in this one than the last two. Problem is the single hasn't attracted much airplay. It's currently around 70. ROTT and YOR both had a lead single (Paris and Killed) which got close to the top 20 thanks to Radio 2 A-list.
I'm guessing it'll shift somewhere between ROTT and Quarry in first week, maybe around 60,000 which could just about send it to the number one spot if Ed Sharon's sales are dipping away.
I've not heard the album yet but sounds like Kiss Me and Staircase have big single potential - the album could go on to outsell Quarry (400,000) if those singles are released and manage to hit Radio 2 and Absolute A-lists. Also, if it does well in end-of-year polls and gets Mercury/Brit etc nominations which it stands a fair chance of doing...

WAY too optimistic. As you say, no big lead-off single, no tv-appearances, interviews etc and it's 2014 instead of 2004/06, so never will it reach the same first week sales as ROTT or Quarry. 40,000 max, which could still take it to number 1.

It has just sold one more- purchased the Deluxe Edition for £12.99 from my local HMV this morning. They had an offer of the Standard Edition and the four track EP for the same price, but the lack of a cover sleeve on the EP put me off it. The lyric booklet with its faux-typewriter font is a nice touch; the dog on the cover is called Paula, if anyone cares.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140715_02

Number 2 behind Ed Sheeran, just over 1k behind. Depending on what's happening at #3, he might be able to cling to second spot. Top, of course, is gone as Morrissey sales will be far more front-loaded than those of Sheeran. Given that Sheeran sold 52k last week, I should imagine World Peace... will sell somewhere between 20 - 30k by the end of the week.

Just had a stroll round the part of central London I work in. Saw literally zero people with a copy.

Do you often see people visibly carrying around CDs they've just purchased (i.e. not in a bag)? I'm not sure I've ever seen that in my life, but maybe that's a cultural thing.

im guessing around 50000. gotta say, as an american, airplay and stuff like that do nothing for me here. i havent listened to the radio in well over a decade and singles here mean nothing.

Back
Top Bottom