How has Morrissey helpted you and influenced you?

Re: How has Morrissey helped you and influenced you?

How about I simply thought the songs were fun to listen to and sing along with?

Sometimes a cigar ... is just a cigar.

I've found that I'm one of the few who has become celibate because of Morrissey. He showed me that I'd been avoiding the fact that I personally have no use for traditional relationships or sex. And now without the pressure from others to mesh in and settle down, I have been carefree to pursue life in an artistic sense. Take from it what you will, but to each his own.

Thank you. I may be the same because personnally I've had no real desire for relationships of that kind and never had. I'm only 16 but still more children my age are obssessed with sex but I'm not really interested in that now... and Morrissey has helped me to accept that

Morrissey helped me pass the time sometimes when I would have been enjoying living less without his lyrics and voice, and the music was pretty good too. All the things about the music helping you get through things, and the way it is reassuring that there is someone with his unique point of view is all true.

Morrissey's music provide the perfect soundtrack to almost anything your going trough. There is just something so awfully melancholy and romantic listening to those brilliant words. Morrissey has grown on me in a very, very sneaky way over the years and now a day doesn't go by that I wouldn't listen to his songs. There's no going back anymore.

Well said, kids. His voice has been my life's soundtrack. I'd be a lesser person (if that's possible ;)) without his music for the past 20 years. He's been 'with me' thru it all, always forcing me to look 'inward' for the 'answers'.

No matter what a surly, misanthropic, socially-inept weirdo I am, Morrissey, and only Morrissey understands. :)

I can't really express it! I know that his music has given me hope when I really thought there wasn't any, listening to his music made me realize I wasn't alone and that it's ok to be different :) Also, Moz's music has tuned my ear to great music, and opened my eyes to stuff like; literature, film, culture, etc :)

Yeah i would say the same:).

No matter what a surly, misanthropic, socially-inept weirdo I am, Morrissey, and only Morrissey understands. :)

:confused:

You may find Morrissey's songs express things the way you feel, but it doesn't mean Morrissey understands you.

You may find Morrissey's songs express things the way you feel, but it doesn't mean Morrissey understands you.

its the persons first post, way to make him feel welcome :rolleyes:

I understand what you mean. and welcome :)

hes taught me how to love, how to hate and how it takes strength to be gentle and kind.

but really hes just influenced me into doing whatever i want and just being a rock and roller

He has helped me get an A in English for providing subject matter to make a presentation about this very question. (Well, I did it about 'How Morrissey Changed my Life')
And he's inspired me to write poetry (such bloody awful poetry:rolleyes:)

Kewpie, sometimes you should just sit on your hands, really.

He helped me that way too, by being someone I could think of as understanding, when i didn't think anyone else would or could.
Knowing someone would understand helped me so much at a bad time. :) It may even be his fault i'm still here ;) Welcome by the way. :)

Also, Meat Is Murder partly influenced me becoming veggie.
And hes got me interested in people such as Oscar Wilde for example, which reawakened my book obsession.

And i love his music and hes lovely looking which helps :D

He has helped me get an A in English for providing subject matter to make a presentation about this very question. (Well, I did it about 'How Morrissey Changed my Life')
And he's inspired me to write poetry (such bloody awful poetry:rolleyes:)

you're giving me ideas for my English class!:D
btw, I write bloody awful poetry too:D:D

I think you missed my humor. I wasn't being literal. Aren't we allowed to be silly on here? ;)

He helped me that way too, by being someone I could think of as understanding, when i didn't think anyone else would or could.
Knowing someone would understand helped me so much at a bad time. :) It may even be his fault i'm still here ;) Welcome by the way. :)

Also, Meat Is Murder partly influenced me becoming veggie.
And hes got me interested in people such as Oscar Wilde for example, which reawakened my book obsession.

And i love his music and hes lovely looking which helps :D

It's comforting to have someone else express what you are personally feeling. Morrissey has a way of saying things that I could never reveal to other people about myself. It's just one of the reasons that I love him so much.

I'm veggie too!

He has made me realise as have my parents that being individual, artistic and creative is a special thing to be and that one cannot be ashamed of oneself because of it

Morrissey and your sexuality

A small large question lol did listening to the smiths or/ and morrissey, help u come out? or further your understanding about your sexuality? in the 80s alot of people had more main stream (at the time) icons or pop singers to relate and gel to,but being a shy or closited person thats homosexual we all know morrissey tapped in to them feelings and i was just wondering if morrissey was your gay icon! fag hags can reply to lol JOKE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom