How good is 'My Dearest Love'?

Your rating, please, for My Dearest Love...

• Awful; one of his worst ever...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Maurice E

It's what we've all been waiting for; the 'My Dearest Love' poll!

Nota bené; Have used the same 5 options as the 'Children in Pieces' poll from the other day...

Re: My Dearest Love; marke out of 5 please!

It made me cry.

I veered between "really good" and "brilliant."

I've been listening to it again today, and I just get all choked up when he sings "remove them, my dearest love."

Vocally I think it's brilliant - as good as anything he's EVER done, Smiths or Solo. Lyrically it's wonderful, but not quite up to his highest mark (which is unreasonably high).

In the end it's a really, really, really good song (thanks Alain) - one that stands with the best of his Solo material.

Couldn't agree more.

I think while interesting, Children in Pieces is a b-side in the true sense of the word, whereas with My Dearest Love, Morrissey has buried a gem on the flip side of some wax. Cheeky bugger!

I've been listening to it again today, and I just get all choked up when he sings "remove them, my dearest love."

Vocally I think it's brilliant - as good as anything he's EVER done, Smiths or Solo. Lyrically it's wonderful, but not quite up to his highest mark (which is unreasonably high).

In the end it's a really, really, really good song (thanks Alain) - one that stands with the best of his Solo material.

The inhalation of his breath through his nose that you can clearly here after singing 'I've hung on, hung on, hung on for one hundred years' but before singing 'For someone to shake me, someone to wake me, if necessary someone to break me'.......just that recorded breath... is one of the most moving moments of Morrissey's career.
These are the ones we'll remember him for. Always.
It's a keeper.
joe.
:)

the delivery of 'remove them' made me lol tbh... it gave me a glimpse into what chairman mao might have felt for mrs mao once upon a time ago.

i think its really good,it really got to me,it helps build the excitement for me for the new album in the fall.

true , if this is the standard of the songs he can throw away what are the a sides like

but history has shown us that Moz has hidden loads of his very best songs on b-sides of not-very-good singles; Jack the Ripper, Lost, Nobody Loves Us, Walk Tall etc.
Sadly, it doesn't usually mean that he has a load of better, or even equally good, stuff to put on the album...

I couldn't agree more about the qualitly of the new B-Sides, it's really brilliant, I think the more you listen as well it could be on par with 'I'm Not Sorry' or 'Tomorrow' if not better, it's looking really grand up to now on the Moz singles front, good ol' Alain on the songwriting partership as well!

I'm Really excited about the next coming months.

I like it.
Not brilliant, but strong.
Atmospheric, well-produced, and well delivered vocals. It's very much a Morrissey song, yet I imagine influence of other artists in it. The full-on drama of a Scott Walker, and the romantic warbling of Middle Eastern balladeer.

Proving Morrissey can still deliver top quality. I wonder if it will be played at summer festivals?

Back
Top Bottom