How does Moz know such a lot about life?

Morrissey doesn't offer any insight into life that isn't obvious to most people. That's all.

Oh God i disagree with that so much!

Take 'Will never Marry' for example. An awesome song, and so very poignant for those of us who have tried it and been disappointed.
I wish he'd written it before i got married!:)

The man's songs are like an instruction manual on ordinary life! Yet he doesn't appear to have done much 'living' in the ordinary sense.
He's a truly extraordinary man.

Most of his writing about life is very obvious. Yet it also resonates with people. Why?

Morrissey reminds us of certain truths which we 'know' and yet 'don't know' at the same time. How is this possible? Because most people know the truth and rationalize it away. If they didn't, life would be too difficult.

Morrissey has a talent and imagination to write about things he's interested.
Living in a modern world most of us are surrounded by too many information about everything, Morrissey is one of us.
He has a sister who has two children and some other freinds who also have kids (notably Boz for instance).

You don't have to be a murderer to write about a song about him/her.

Hmm, not sure i agree. Yes anyone can observe and then write about it. But i think Moz's art goes further than that. It offers a really deep insight into things he really has no right to know about in such an intuitive way.

It's what makes him very special i guess.

There's a good Morrissey quote in this month's Mojo mag: "I see all situations, even when I'm not involved, in a very dramatic way."

This is why he knows so much about life. :)

Very true. I have yet to hear him write about anything which he's obviously completely clueless about, like

having a "real" job, worrying about how he's going to pay the mortgage, etc.

well he had "real job" before he the smiths started right ..he did work in a tax office.and somewhere else..must be looking up that rogan book..were quite some unenjoyable jobs

..and he said in an interview that his insiration on "heaven knows" comes from these jobs he had back then.." report to a boss i couldnt stand talk to colleagues what they did yestrerday etc"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom