How does Morrissey stop people getting their rightful royalties?

butley

A few people have said Morrissey doesn't pay them their royalties but surely he doesn't divvy them out. There are organisations that sort all that. How can he stop Andy Rourke getting royalties for Yes I Am Blind for example?

A few people have said Morrissey doesn't pay them their royalties but surely he doesn't divvy them out. There are organisations that sort all that. How can he stop Andy Rourke getting royalties for Yes I Am Blind for example?
By holding his own mother at ransom.

Organisations like PRS only handle performance royalties. It's sales royalties that Andy complained about.

Organisations like PRS only handle performance royalties. It's sales royalties that Andy complained about.

Aren't the people who'd pay morrissey his sales royalty the same who'd pay Andy though

Aren't the people who'd pay morrissey his sales royalty the same who'd pay Andy though

The people who pay are the record company, but it doesn't have to go straight to the artist. If it goes via a company controlled by Morrissey, then Morrissey could decide not to pass it on (although he would not be within his rights). I'm not saying this is what happened, but it might be.

The people who pay are the record company, but it doesn't have to go straight to the artist. If it goes via a company controlled by Morrissey, then Morrissey could decide not to pass it on (although he would not be within his rights). I'm not saying this is what happened, but it might be.

If a company were controlled by morrissey I think it'd be known or sued by now. Doesn't seem like anyone else from that album or time has said anything about not getting royalties

He uses invisible ink and prints the checks on self-destructing paper. So he can give Andy Rourke a check for 10 million "pounds" but when Andy gets to the bank he has a blank piece of paper that dissolves in his hands.

What we all should be asking ourselves is why Moz needs so much money. Maybe he does have a secret child somewhere paying the mother a fortune.

Personally I think he is paying enormous amounts of cash to a gay ex lover who filmed their love making and prevent him from releasing them to the world.

If a company were controlled by morrissey I think it'd be known or sued by now. Doesn't seem like anyone else from that album or time has said anything about not getting royalties

He definitely has a company, so it is known. I don't know the details of how money flows through it. What Andy said was that he didn't get paid but he didn't pursue it because it wasn't much money and Morrissey is impossible to get hold of. If his tale is true (I'm making no judgement about that), then Morrissey is not in immediate danger of being sued, provided he pays up if and when Andy starts to make a deal of it.

He uses invisible ink and prints the checks on self-destructing paper. So he can give Andy Rourke a check for 10 million "pounds" but when Andy gets to the bank he has a blank piece of paper that dissolves in his hands.

Except he can never get to the bank, because Morrissey has twisted all the street signs round. So Andy just has to walk the earth in torment until he agrees to 0%.

He definitely has a company, so it is known. I don't know the details of how money flows through it. What Andy said was that he didn't get paid but he didn't pursue it because it wasn't much money and Morrissey is impossible to get hold of. If his tale is true (I'm making no judgement about that), then Morrissey is not in immediate danger of being sued, provided he pays up if and when Andy starts to make a deal of it.

What's it called

Back
Top Bottom