How do you think Morrissey will react to the current furore?

How will Morrissey react to this, the biggest outcry of his career?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

It's easily the biggest outcry of his 35 years in the public eye.
He's been forced to abandon a tour due to pitiful sales for the first time ever. It seems every day, there's a new article attacking his views/actions in a national newspaper and/or its website.
Even Johnny Marr, the master of diplomacy, has effectively disowned him.
So how will he react?

Calm and collected with wit and pride as always and he will make us all laugh. He is now writing the first lines of his reaction in his eagles nest in Switzerland wearing things he inherited from Lemmy.
The view is stunning and everything is pure and aryan.

Blame some huge conspiracy of people trying to silence him. The Loony Left, The 'Fake News' media, The British Royal Family, Sadiq Khan, Mike Joyce, shape-changing alien lizard people etc. The usual suspects.

I think he will marry his long term girlfriend, dictate his last will and testament, then they will both commit suicide before the Russians arrive.

I think he will marry his long term girlfriend, dictate his last will and testament, then they will both commit suicide before the Russians arrive.
B4720B5C-9480-460C-8411-3608F1D82639.jpeg

I think he should visit the actual Furore (Italy) and have a rest in the beach laughing about the haters.

Last edited:
I don’t think he realised For Britain were far right because he recently stated that he wasn’t far right. They’re probably labelled as far right because of their anti-Islamic stance otherwise their just similar to UKIP which are labelled as right wing.

The less he says, the better. He's not going to apologize, so the only other options if he were to speak out would be to a) play the victim, b) continue to attack others for his woes, or c) continue voicing his support for entities and stances that got him in trouble in the first place. None of these are good ideas if he ever wants to rebound from this mess.

So, lay low, keep your mouth shut, and see how things go in South America and whatever else might pop up.

I don’t think he realised For Britain were far right because he recently stated that he wasn’t far right.

Well, if that's the case, he needs to do a bit more research before making a big Statement, doesn't he? But surely he can't be that stupid, can he?

Well, if that's the case, he needs to do a bit more research before making a big Statement, doesn't he? But surely he can't be that stupid, can he?
Him being that stupid would be preferable to him being a bigot then lying about it though would it not?
that’s the thing though, herr Moz’s situation is hardly unique :o
Here in the State’s we hear it all the time with just a tad more self awareness people saying things like:
“I’m not a racist, but....” :rolleyes:

We have a man who, by his own admission, doesn’t watch the news on tv, or read a newspaper. That’s ok, so long as you seriously filter where you do get your information from. There is a lot of seriously warped opinions out there, with crackpot theories masquerading as “the truth”.

I’ve seen many a victim of this over the last 5 or so years. I believe that Morrissey is one too.

He is nearly 60. He is a public figure. He is known to be outspoken. So, he is a right fool, isn’t he?

He'll faint to the floor like a silent movie actress the next time he meets with his accountants. Then he'll either hide out, or go the alternate route and post another nervous breakdown video wherein he blames everyone but himself.

He'll return when raising a contentious issue isn't viewed as setting out an intractable position, but is instead seen as an opportunity for reasoned debate.

So, probably never.

I feel another hiatus coming on.
Isn't it the natural progression? Burn out in a blaze of self indulgence, disappear for 10-12 years until your face is suitably craggy, then Rick Rubin comes along and necromances your husk back from the dead for that good ol' heartstring tugging bookend epitaph album?

#1 baby!

I voted for retirement, but I should clarify to say I think he might retire from playing shows in the UK again.

he will sit in his hotel room and say job done.who doesn't want six months off from their job.morrisseys the best bond villain never to appear in a bond film.

He will shock everyone by trying to deflect Spacey style by coming out as heterosexual; essentially using his sexuality to cover for his crimes.

Back
Top Bottom