How do you rate Years Of Refusal, now?

if you think that then go off to a U2 forum?
Theres rarely a rubbish Morrissey song out there!

LOL - It is okay not to like something that a band that you like puts out. It will not shatter the universe and does not make you a fan. It is perfectly acceptable to discern what you like and what you do not when it pertains to an artist you like.

It is the zealots that are the scary ones. I am going to back off for the sole reason that I do not want to portray an image on picking on "the new guy" or something like that. Enjoy the forums and understand that not everyone will share your opinion. This is not the forum for the fighting. Off Topic and the Pigsty are. Hope to see you around there.

if you think that then go off to a U2 forum?
Theres rarely a rubbish Morrissey song out there!

I know Henry Rollins makes fun of Morrissey but he HAS said that Moz is very intelligent (of course we know THAT) and a good businessman. But Henry hates Bono with a passion unknown to man. He's said he's passed Bono in Hollywood at night and regrets not smacking him. God, I wish he would. :thumb:

I'm not a great fan of YOR

The only decent song on there in my opinion is "its not your birthday anymore"

Paris has been over played

Skull/ paris/ thats how/and birthday are the only ones i tend to play off this album. For me Quarry is untouched and i dont think it can be beaten? but thats just my point of veiw and to be honest who really cares what i say lol :thumb:

If Morrissey approves of him i think we should aswell

vivalamorrissey

ok and if morrissey jumps off a bridge, i think i will too

Um because they need someone to whinge about. Thing is out of the 3 composers Alain has written most of the Music on YOR anyway going by guitarist per song ratio so you can't please everyone can you? I don't need Morrissey's approval cuz I think Jesse is fkn great regardless. He has written a bunch of great songs.

I loved YOR when it came out and I love it even more now!

u2? ......pffft :crazy:

yep Quarry was B side nirvana :D

yes YOR is better than ROTT :thumb:

I'm a Viva Bona boy myself if you wanna pull the meat away from the bones but I love all the albums for very different reasons.

It's one thing to not like YOR as much as Quarry or ROTT but to dismiss YOR as uninspiring and saying that Morrissey is over it you are no longer relevant as a fan and it's time for you to move on :)

your new picture is much better. :p

i thought it was jarg at first, now i think it's bloody tre-men-dous:thumb:

Blue jarg? :p

LOL - It is okay not to like something that a band that you like puts out. It will not shatter the universe and does not make you a fan. It is perfectly acceptable to discern what you like and what you do not when it pertains to an artist you like.

It is the zealots that are the scary ones. I am going to back off for the sole reason that I do not want to portray an image on picking on "the new guy" or something like that. Enjoy the forums and understand that not everyone will share your opinion. This is not the forum for the fighting. Off Topic and the Pigsty are. Hope to see you around there.

:clap:
Well played. Not all of us have such patience :rolleyes:

Firstly, U2's new album is crap, its an insult to Morrissey and his Musicians. Personally i think you should delete our account on here.
Secondly, why does everyone on here slate Jesse Tobias constantly? Hes a talented muscian and has proved that by Morrissey including some of his songs on his album. If Morrissey approves of him i think we should aswell

vivalamorrissey

:lbf:
Y'know, a lot of people said the same things about Gregory Rasputin, dear :o

Well, we've all been listening to the new album for quite a while, now...so maybe it's the right time to discuss...reconsider, rank it again among the others...write your opinions, or new opinions...I personally like it a lot, more the music than the lyrics, but I really enjoy it.

Really fantastic album, grows on me everytime i listen to it!

"I'm ok by myself" to me really feels like the "Speedway" of YOR in it's sentiment and sonically :D

I know Henry Rollins makes fun of Morrissey but he HAS said that Moz is very intelligent (of course we know THAT) and a good businessman. But Henry hates Bono with a passion unknown to man. He's said he's passed Bono in Hollywood at night and regrets not smacking him. God, I wish he would. :thumb:

Oh wow, where did you hear/read this???

My Henry dislike rapidly morphing into love if this is true.

I still think it is horrible. I still hold the opinion that I liked it better when they used the best of those sessions and released it as Southpaw Grammar. It is sad to say when the last U2 Album, Dave Matthews and the upcomming Phish album run circles around it.

YOR sounds like to me that Jesse Tobias had way too much influence
over Morrissey and released an album that Tobias wanted and not what Morrissey is capable of. I expected something stronger and more musically sound than what came out a few months ago.

Hey, give the guy a break. Relatively speaking, he only knows how to play a few songs.

Back
Top Bottom