How do you play FLAC files?

Stitchell

blah blah blah blah...
Sorry if I'm thick, just started downloading off of smithstorrents. I have utorrent but do i need anything else to actually play the files when they download?

Sorry if I'm thick, just started downloading off of smithstorrents. I have utorrent but do i need anything else to actually play the files when they download?

I have a mac and use xAct to convert the Flac to aiff files with a simple drag and drop... After that I bring it to iTunes where i convert it to 320 AAC files.

And for my next demonic question, can you play these things on an mp3 player?

Only after you convert them to MP3s. Luckily, you get to pick the MP3s' bitrate, so you can make it as high as you want (or variable).

See the FLAC FAQ, which is biased toward developers, but still has useful pointers to various players and tools for every platform.

Any help for a crappy VISTA operating system user?

Only after you convert them to MP3s. Luckily, you get to pick the MP3s' bitrate, so you can make it as high as you want (or variable).

See the FLAC FAQ, which is biased toward developers, but still has useful pointers to various players and tools for every platform.

youre display and signature are annoying

Okay, so thanks to these tips the playing and converting flac files both worked, but in one particular download of a concert, which I've tried twice, only one out of 15 songs will play and the others won't, for some reason. Other people tell me they're not having a problem. Any ideas?

If you're already using Winamp you can just get the plug-in from Winamp's page. Takes 2 seconds and works perfectly.

Just type FLAC in the plug-in search space and it'll lead you to the page where you can download it.

Stephane

If you're already using Winamp you can just get the plug-in from Winamp's page. Takes 2 seconds and works perfectly.

Just type FLAC in the plug-in search space and it'll lead you to the page where you can download it.

Stephane

That works for most of the files, except these that I'm having trouble with. Nothing appears to be wrong with the files, wtf????? :confused:

wht about burning it on a dvd wil it work in the same way as usual?

after you download the files, you post them here.. someone then converts them to mp3 and then a big fight breaks out while you go listen to songs on your ipod.

its a joke.. you can't post them here. only links.

I don't understand why crappy sounding bootlegs, or any bootlegs for that matter, are encoded in flac. It's not going to improve the quality.

Tags
convert flac
Back
Top Bottom